Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Why so quiet?

Oh, I'm going to take a wild guess, let's say that it's Christmas week and not many people are spending time on a fantasy football message board before and after. Especially those that post from work and are off for the entire week.

LOL You can hear a pin drop in here. Even the 12th man is quiet. :clap:

Maybe you should be more concerned about the Eagles actually qualifying for the playoffs like the Seahawks did a few months ago.

Maybe you should be more concerned about the Eagles actually qualifying for the playoffs like the Seahawks did a few months ago.

Maybe you should be concerned that the Seahawks just got beat ON THEIR SCAAAAARY HOMEFIELD by a team that the Eagles just disposed of a few weeks ago. :music_guitarred: The mystique is gone. The formula to beat the P.E.D.HAwks in their loud stadium has been figured out. Rut roh

Oh, I'm going to take a wild guess, let's say that it's Christmas week and not many people are spending time on a fantasy football message board before and after. Especially those that post from work and are off for the entire week.

I think you took the bait on their little fishing expedition.

I think you took the bait on their little fishing expedition.

Oh, I don't know. I think I came off pretty sarcastic.

Maybe you should be concerned that the Seahawks just got beat ON THEIR SCAAAAARY HOMEFIELD by a team that the Eagles just disposed of a few weeks ago. :music_guitarred: The mystique is gone. The formula to beat the P.E.D.HAwks in their loud stadium has been figured out. Rut roh

So the secret to beating the Seahawks is to game plan against the upper deck and food court. Wow.

So close and yet so far. A loss this week to a very under rated Rams team who are playing their Super Bowl, coupled with a Frisco win, and you won't see that food court again this season.

THIS!

Slo Nuts, Jgclownfish, Sweetness all came in dropping turds and expected, as you say, rainbows and lollipos. When Seahawk fans didn't just bend over and take it, we got labeled as arrogant, ignorant, blah blah blah. So if you want to talk football let's do it. If you want to drop bombs, go for it. I relish the war!

Shut your fat mouth. You know damn well you troll posts left and right just to stir things up, you hypocrite puzzy...

:rolleyes: The trolls have really taken this thread astray.

:dunno: At least they keep bumping us up to the top. :dunno:

:rolleyes: The trolls have really taken this thread astray.

:dunno: At least they keep bumping us up to the top. :dunno:

You kidding? You reap what you sow. If the Hawks choke the division the Mods should pin this thread.

You kidding? You reap what you sow. If the Hawks choke the division the Mods should pin this thread.

Don't even have the foggiest idea what your about bro. Suppose I couldn't care less either. When your favorite team gets a couple more fans together. Maybe you guys can start your own thread? Chat amongst yourselves.

Now back to seattle.

Looking over that Cardinals team. They completely flew under my radar how good they are.

I've been thinking this is a 2 dog division with Seattle and S.F. for the forseable future.

But looking over that Arizona squad. They are a QB and a TE away from being a really great team.

The NFC, and NFL could be a 3 dog race starting next year. And it could be all NFC West.

They could be a little light at RB because Mendenhall is clearly done.

But Ellington is fantastic. And I still think Taylor can be a good RB. At worst, a solid 3rd down, blocking back. Which is how their using him now. If all they need is a grinder to compliment those 2 kids. That's an easy fix.

That is a good team with a capable QB, and a TE who can actually catch the ball.

Don't even have the foggiest idea what your about bro. Suppose I couldn't care less either. When your favorite team gets a couple more fans together. Maybe you guys can start your own thread? Chat amongst yourselves.

Don't take it personal bro, and why the attack? We're not talking Raiders here, though I have no problem admitting when my team sucks. And I've been hammered by FAR greater smack than you could ever conjure up lol... No this is about Seahawk fans going off like a bunch of Barney Fifes when your team hasn't done crap yet. It's about coming in with humility and owning failure. IF your team chokes the division, you come in and take your medicine. Don't be hiding like a church mouse. I hardly started this lol... Take a look at the top of this thread, view the delirium, it's all coming from Seahawk fans. I can understand the excitement, but let's not be premature...

I concur the NFC West is a beast. But that's hardly a revelation is it now? And you've displayed your football insight by leaving off the gravest weakness of the AZ team, which any blind dude with a braille tablet can ascertain. The offensive line is a joke. I stated months ago the loss of Jonathon Cooper would hurt them. Sowell and Winston are back ups at best. Lol... They are most certainly NOT a QB and a TE away from being a great team until they fix that offensive line.

But turn sight towards the fourth team in that division, which gave the Seahawks all they could handle earlier this season while running the ball down their throats.

It's not really a surprise to see the Seahawks play flat. They've done it at various times this year, including the first halves of the Houston and Tampa Bay games. The difference was that this time they were unable to get away with it, so in the macro view, that is a valuable lesson for a young team to learn, especially NOT in the playoffs. The defense forced 4 turnovers last week, and should have been more if not for terrible officiating in the review booth, but they were giving up chunks of yards on big passing plays. Nice to get Walter Thurmond back today into the secondary. It's important to note that todays game against the Rams I expect to be relatively easy. Why? Well, let's not forget that the Seahawks were missing 3 starting offensive lineman and were playing their 4th road game in 5 weeks, which is a terrible scheduling spot, in the first matchup. After that close first game, the Rams went on to a respectable 4-3 record, but were outgained in total yardage in 6 of those 7 games. The only game they realistically won convincingly was last week over Tampa Bay, in a game TB seemed to self destruct with penalties. The Seahawks offensive play calling has been terrible for weeks now, as if they are purposefully calling basic vanilla plays in an effort to disguise what they want to do come playoff time. Instead of resting starters, they are resting plays. Crazy? Maybe. But the offense played like sh!t last week. The special teams played retarded. It was a comedy of errors. And I still haven't found a camera angle were that ball didn't bounce off the turf to ice the game for Arizona.

Seattle 37

St Louis 16

It's not really a surprise to see the Seahawks play flat. They've done it at various times this year, including the first halves of the Houston and Tampa Bay games. The difference was that this time they were unable to get away with it, so in the macro view, that is a valuable lesson for a young team to learn, especially NOT in the playoffs. The defense forced 4 turnovers last week, and should have been more if not for terrible officiating in the review booth, but they were giving up chunks of yards on big passing plays. Nice to get Walter Thurmond back today into the secondary. It's important to note that todays game against the Rams I expect to be relatively easy. Why? Well, let's not forget that the Seahawks were missing 3 starting offensive lineman and were playing their 4th road game in 5 weeks, which is a terrible scheduling spot, in the first matchup. After that close first game, the Rams went on to a respectable 4-3 record, but were outgained in total yardage in 6 of those 7 games. The only game they realistically won convincingly was last week over Tampa Bay, in a game TB seemed to self destruct with penalties. The Seahawks offensive play calling has been terrible for weeks now, as if they are purposefully calling basic vanilla plays in an effort to disguise what they want to do come playoff time. Instead of resting starters, they are resting plays. Crazy? Maybe. But the offense played like sh!t last week. The special teams played retarded. It was a comedy of errors. And I still haven't found a camera angle were that ball didn't bounce off the turf to ice the game for Arizona.

Seattle 37

St Louis 16

Excellent insight and agree with all. That team was crippled early with the loss of the offensive tackles. I like the way they go old school on the ground relying on Marshawn Lynch. Defense and a strong running game is an old reliable in football. Not a fan of all the chest thumping, or some of the more boisterous honks on this board, but I actually respect the Hawks and will be pulling for them as I detest all things Frisco above all else. I would like to see Zac Stacy get his 1,000 yards.

Don't take it personal bro, and why the attack? We're not talking Raiders here, though I have no problem admitting when my team sucks. And I've been hammered by FAR greater smack than you could ever conjure up lol... No this is about Seahawk fans going off like a bunch of Barney Fifes when your team hasn't done crap yet. It's about coming in with humility and owning failure. IF your team chokes the division, you come in and take your medicine. Don't be hiding like a church mouse. I hardly started this lol... Take a look at the top of this thread, view the delirium, it's all coming from Seahawk fans. I can understand the excitement, but let's not be premature...

I concur the NFC West is a beast. But that's hardly a revelation is it now? And you've displayed your football insight by leaving off the gravest weakness of the AZ team, which any blind dude with a braille tablet can ascertain. The offensive line is a joke. I stated months ago the loss of Jonathon Cooper would hurt them. Sowell and Winston are back ups at best. Lol... They are most certainly NOT a QB and a TE away from being a great team until they fix that offensive line.

But turn sight towards the fourth team in that division, which gave the Seahawks all they could handle earlier this season while running the ball down their throats.

I don't thread war. I leave that to my much better half (Philly And Hawker)

I also don't hide when we lose. Been alittle buisy lately.

I can also admitt when we look like crap. And we did. We missed chip shot field goals. Had a Qb throw bad passes for the first time that I can remember. And got our teeth kicked in. If Carson Palmer wasn't QB, and Housler didn't drop passes. That would've been a 30 - 3 game, and not in our favor.

You folks seem to be forgetting this is a Seahawk thread. We're it's fans talk about how their team is the best. No where's does it say everyone else that's not a fan come in and read it because it's the bible. If some of us search out other topics and go over board, that's on them. Flame war back and forth there, they deserve it. This is clearly labled a Seahawks topic. You guys choose to come in and start trouble.

And as for the Zona line. I think that this line is 3 times better than the one Arians just left down in Indy. And he's got a back that can hit the corners too. So to me that makes it even better. If you say they need an upgrade, hell, I'll trust your judgement. I don't even follow them enough to disect the foundation.

What I do know after watching them a couple times.

Defence and ST look awesome, and playmakers are sitting at WR and RB.

QB is a chuck and duck at this point, and TE is void of playmaking ability, and has regressed in the hands department.

Yet this is still a 10 win team.

And finally. If you rally are a Raiders fan (I have no reason to doubt anyone who actually admitts to that)

Why the hell don't you guys use Marcell Reece more?

I absolutely love this kid. Why is he always an after thought?

Seattle and SF both have tough games today.

The division title is at stake. The Hawks' division rivals have finally figured out a way to reduce the 12th man and best attack a very good defense: forget the pass play audibles. Ground and pound.

I don't thread war. I leave that to my much better half (Philly And Hawker)

I also don't hide when we lose. Been alittle buisy lately.

I can also admitt when we look like crap. And we did. We missed chip shot field goals. Had a Qb throw bad passes for the first time that I can remember. And got our teeth kicked in. If Carson Palmer wasn't QB, and Housler didn't drop passes. That would've been a 30 - 3 game, and not in our favor.

You folks seem to be forgetting this is a Seahawk thread. We're it's fans talk about how their team is the best. No where's does it say everyone else that's not a fan come in and read it because it's the bible. If some of us search out other topics and go over board, that's on them. Flame war back and forth there, they deserve it. This is clearly labled a Seahawks topic. You guys choose to come in and start trouble.

And as for the Zona line. I think that this line is 3 times better than the one Arians just left down in Indy. And he's got a back that can hit the corners too. So to me that makes it even better. If you say they need an upgrade, hell, I'll trust your judgement. I don't even follow them enough to disect the foundation.

What I do know after watching them a couple times.

Defence and ST look awesome, and playmakers are sitting at WR and RB.

QB is a chuck and duck at this point, and TE is void of playmaking ability, and has regressed in the hands department.

Yet this is still a 10 win team.

And finally. If you rally are a Raiders fan (I have no reason to doubt anyone who actually admitts to that)

Why the hell don't you guys use Marcell Reece more?

I absolutely love this kid. Why is he always an after thought?

Lol... You ask the same question about Marcel Reese I've heard from countless Raider fans. BTW good to see him named to the Pro Bowl as a FB, which probably answers that same question. Despite the talent, and that 19/123/1 line against the Jets in the Meadowlands a few weeks backs cements the case for him, the team sees Reece more as a FB/ H-Back/ TE type weapon. This is perplexing,because at 6' 1" 255 with a freaking 4.42 40 time you'd figure he'd be the guy. Even so, he possesses a very upright running style not conducive to the pounding an every down RB must endure. At least in the thoughts of Raider brain trust, no pun intended. But more importantly, they love lining him up out wide/in the slot in the passing game. Reece is a terror in the open field, and his 31 receptions for 300 plus yards and two scores proves such. He is a weapon the team wants to use, just not at RB.

The guy they have in mind is Latavius Murray, a rook out of Central Florida who is on IR and is another freak who goes 6'2" 230 and is every bit as fast as Reece. Keep an eye toward him next year, the team will re-sign Jennings to hedge bets at RB, but that job is Murray's to win in 2014.

Good luck today.

The trolls are sad today! LOL! Especially that Red Zone troll who pulled up a post from back in July!! LOL!!

Seattle 37

St Louis 16

Well, that prediction was fairly close. Easy win, put a few extra dollars in my pocket. A good day.

So, what do we prefer to shake out in the first round, basically, who is the preferred opponent in the 2nd round?

Green Bay

San Fran

New Orleans

Well, that prediction was fairly close. Easy win, put a few extra dollars in my pocket. A good day.

So, what do we prefer to shake out in the first round, basically, who is the preferred opponent in the 2nd round?

Green Bay

San Fran

New Orleans

I'm gonna go New Orleans here.

Let S.F.,G.B.,Carolina beat eachother up a little more.

N.O. would have to travel to Philly on a short week.

Play a tough game.

Go back home.

Then travel cross country to go to Seattle. That game is a saturday and a full week away, but to me that's still considered a short week because it won't be their normal sunday routine.

Then when they get here. They get to remember last month the got destroyed in the same building.

I'll take N.O. for a 1000 Alex.

I say let the 49ers win the next 2 also.

Have them travel to Seattle for a fourth road game in a row.

Here's hoping that any of the following...49'ers/Eagles/Saints/Panthers/Packers...kick the cheating Seattle Seahags in the taint.

:wave:

I say let the 49ers win the next 2 also.

Have them travel to Seattle for a fourth road game in a row.

I find myself rooting for anybody and everybody playing SF, no matter the stakes. If a scenario came up where a SF win would put the Seahawks into the playoffs, I would still root for those jackasses to lose.

Go Pack Go.

Here's hoping that any of the following...49'ers/Eagles/Saints/Panthers/Packers...kick the cheating Seattle Seahags in the taint.

:wave:

Cheating? Seattle?

Off the top of my head, you got the Saints with their bounties, Cam Newton taking money from SEC schools, and Michael Vick running an illegal dog betting ring. I wouldn't be using these teams as examples of virtue to besmirch the Seahawks. All teams have shades of grey.

Now, the kick to the taint, well, I can appreciate that remark.

I find myself rooting for anybody and everybody playing SF, no matter the stakes. If a scenario came up where a SF win would put the Seahawks into the playoffs, I would still root for those jackasses to lose.

Go Pack Go.

I had alot of trouble just typing that out. However a superbowl is the objective here, and I think is the greater good.

I've also been drinking for the last 3 hours too. So :dunno:

Ideal playoff scenario:

Pack beat Niners

Saints beat Eagles

Saints travel to Seattle and get bounced again

Pack travel to Carolina and win again

Pack travel to Seattle and Seattle wins...Golden Tate plays a prominent role

The Chargers somehow emerge out of the AFC (rest of details unnecessary)

Seattle 51 San Diego 10 (upon which I lose consciousness and wake up surrounded by scantily clad women with large yet firm breastesses)

Ideal playoff scenario:

Pack beat Niners

Saints beat Eagles

Saints travel to Seattle and get bounced again

Pack travel to Carolina and win again

Pack travel to Seattle and Seattle wins...Golden Tate plays a prominent role

The Chargers somehow emerge out of the AFC (rest of details unnecessary)

Seattle 51 San Diego 10 (upon which I lose consciousness and wake up surrounded by scantily clad women with large yet firm breastesses)

This is one of the worst though out statements ever put down in written form. Illogical, incomprehensible, insane, infuriating. You fool.

Why are the women wearing any clothes at all?

This is one of the worst though out statements ever put down in written form. Illogical, incomprehensible, insane, infuriating. You fool.

Why are the women wearing any clothes at all?

Maybe some of them are real ugly?

I can already here the collective groans of the seacacks when NO losses and we smack the Pack :lol:

Enjoy the 12 degree temps in GB. The Hawks took over the division. Next is to send dooshbag Harbaugh running to Texas.

I can already here the collective groans of the seacacks when NO losses and we smack the Pack :lol:

BIGGER, STRONGER, LOUDER, BETTER THAN YOU!

I would actually be much happier facing SF rather than GB and NO

What was the score the last two times we played up here?