Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Cult Classic League needs two owners (free Geek League)

:lol: No. Just not sold on any one player. If someone is, the 1.04 is there for the taking. I only have 1 spot to fill.

Take a look at my roster and let me know what you might want for that 1.04 pick.

Where's shotsup?

Please everybody, I beg you to take my health and mental well being into consideration.

I'm a worrying, nervous kinda guy. I like smooth sailing and clear waters. I like the league running on autopilot and the only commishy thing I ever like to decide is the next movie to dig up and feature for the site logo. Now, the opposite of that, pretty much the top of the list of things I don't like -the that keeps me bouncing and twitching around like Principal McVicker- is being 36 hours from the cutdown deadline and seeing a full roster with a 'last visit' time stamp from 6+ days ago.

That's essentially the biggest thing I really don't want you guys to do to me.

Where's shotsup?

Please everybody, I beg you to take my health and mental well being into consideration.

I'm a worrying, nervous kinda guy. I like smooth sailing and clear waters. I like the league running on autopilot and the only commishy thing I ever like to decide is the next movie to dig up and feature for the site logo. Now, the opposite of that, pretty much the top of the list of things I don't like -the that keeps me bouncing and twitching around like Principal McVicker- is being 36 hours from the cutdown deadline and seeing a full roster with a 'last visit' time stamp from 6+ days ago.

That's essentially the biggest thing I really don't want you guys to do to me.

I'll make my other cuts for the deadline...just want to figure out the league a bit more is all.

I accepted that offer. :)

Excellent. I have no interest in picking at the end of round 1, as there are about 3 or 4 guys I want to draft...and that's it. Trading away two late 1st rounders and 2 late 2nd rounders doesn't bother me.

My new starting lineup:

QB: Peyton Manning

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Steven Jackson

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Reggie Wayne

WR: Wes Welker

TE: Jordan Cameron

:first: championship

Today I will

Good good. Just so long as you're around everything is fine.

Yeah, it's everybody's prerogative if they like to wait and watch each others last minute moves and make cuts accordingly as the deadline nears.

Good good. Just so long as you're around everything is fine.

Yeah, it's everybody's prerogative if they like to wait and watch each others last minute moves and make cuts accordingly as the deadline nears.

Is the deadline midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow?

Is the deadline midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow?

It's kickoff of Lions/Pats. If I feel particularly motivated, the draft may well be set up by halftime.

Wait....yesterday you were all like that dude from Aliens "Man.....we're all gonna die, man!!! Has anyone seen posty? Aww man...we're all gonna die!!!!!Make your cuts now or i'll go f0cking crazy and start docking you draft picks and making you start 4 tight ends every week, man!!!!"

And so, under great mental duress, i made my cuts.

And now, you're all like The Big Voltowski, "Nahhhh...take yer time man. Its all good. Just dont piss on my rug, okay"

Bottom line: I feel like you pressured me into dropping Jackie Battle and Devin Aromashodu. I demand recompense, namely an additional first round draft pick. A supplemental pick between round 1 and 2 will be fine.

I was kinda hoping it was Comedy. :(

*shuts up and sits down*

I know :lol:

I'm not making any more cuts.

I have to say though, that Gerhart is a pending FA next offseason, ready to finally GTFO of Minnesota. It's something I've been waiting for since our original draft. I always thought he was a stud in a lousy situation and I've made plenty of cuts of players I've regretted cutting over the years in order to keep him. I tell you what though, he's not helping his chances of landing a starting gig next offseason with these two stinkers of preseason 2013 he's put in thus far. I'm having Rashad Jennings flashbacks. :mad:

He's not a handcuff -I don't have AP- so that guy better show me some reason to keep him on the roster.

Excellent. I have no interest in picking at the end of round 1, as there are about 3 or 4 guys I want to draft...and that's it. Trading away two late 1st rounders and 2 late 2nd rounders doesn't bother me.

My new starting lineup:

QB: Peyton Manning

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Steven Jackson

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Reggie Wayne

WR: Wes Welker

TE: Jordan Cameron

:first: championship

Easy there trigger. You have some competition from several teams. I plan on giving you a run for your money.

Luck

D.Wilson

Fitzgerald

R.White

J.Nelson

V.Jackson

Witten

Does this league have IR spots, once it gets transferred to Yahoo or where ever? Or will i be forced to use a roster spot for Jeremy Maclin all season?

Does this league have IR spots, once it gets transferred to Yahoo or where ever? Or will i be forced to use a roster spot for Jeremy Maclin all season?

We'll have IR whether Yahoo allows it or not. Manual override.

I made the offer.

Done deal....

Goon proposed a trade with Riddle of Steel:

As my newly minted but stoled from someone else team progresses.... we needed to make some work at WR.... we can survive with the RB's we have for a year or two.. but need WR help immedately.... Golden Taint is possibly on the verge of a breakout.... I should be able to snag a decent WR at 4 as well...

Done deal....

Goon proposed a trade with Riddle of Steel:

As my newly minted but stoled from someone else team progresses.... we needed to make some work at WR.... we can survive with the RB's we have for a year or two.. but need WR help immedately.... Golden Taint is possibly on the verge of a breakout.... I should be able to snag a decent WR at 4 as well...

Not a fan of Jacoby, but I wanted to move up to make sure I get Bernard or Lacy. When Bell went down, I thought I might be forced to WR if Bernard, Lacy, and Ball went in the top 3. Nice deal.

How many slots?

Two

I've finished the draft, if you can double check my work, I'd appreciate it. Essentially your roster plus your open draft picks must equal 22 or I made a booboo..

I've finished the draft, if you can double check my work, I'd appreciate it. Essentially your roster plus your open draft picks must equal 22 or I made a booboo..

You forgot my supplemental pick between round 1 and round 2.

You forgot my supplemental pick between round 1 and round 2.

:huh:

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind breaking the rules and giving you one.

:huh:

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind breaking the rules and giving you one.

Fact: Rules are meant to be broken. Look it up. Its science. You cant argue with science.

But seriously,.....

I'd rather you guys round up Sux and bring him to me so i can kick him in the balls a few times, in payment for the weekly butt rapings i am going to take this season.

So where's this Yahoo League we're moving to?

I've not set it up yet. Nikki seemed willing to try to put together a collection to stay at MFL but her posting time is way down so I'll postpone until I learn more. I was going to move last year but she footed the entire bill herself.

It's a free league, I didn't really want to have it at a pay site. The reason we're at MFL in the first place was we were supposed to have two conferences of 14 but the other one fell through due to Echo problems.

you guys still have an opening?

i feel like im pan handling. this is embaressing.

No sorry. All 14 are active and accounted for. I wouldn't mind starting/joining another league though but it seems there wasn't much interest.

No sorry. All 14 are active and accounted for. I wouldn't mind starting/joining another league though but it seems there wasn't much interest.

im getting the same vibe. i thought a few weeks back if we did one giant league and set it up in such a way that everyone could participate, it would have been fun. dependent on interest we could have drafted in quarters as a bracket and the top one or two teams from each 1/4 bracket move forward intermittently throughout the season. i think its a great idea and something that would create a community atmosphere, but no takers.

maybe next year someone else will propose the same idea and get the ball rolling. i think its a gem.

like the ncaa basketball brackets but with ffootball instead. each of the 4 brackets draft independent of each other.

you guys still have an opening?

i feel like im pan handling. this is embaressing.

I'll give you my team

The SF/Minny game is on now. I've come to my senses a bit. Starting a draft at 11 PM isprobably not a good idea. I think you can get the jist of what coaches are doing with their starting lineups in the SF/Minny game by halftime so we can start then.

Again, I won't turn on the clock timer until round two, so no worries of getting skipped overnight. I've not heard any objection to 8 hours so we'll do that.

Draft starts at Halftime, not at the end of the game.

I turned the draft on because I'll be busy now. First four picks are in... roll with it from here.