Sign in to follow this  
Rstein

MFL Draft Integration - player not in draft buddy

Hey Mike,

Since this is the first year my league is using MFL to handle the draft, we held a mock draft a few weeks ago for everyone to get accustomed to the interface. During this mock, we were all just messing around - like I took Tim Tebow in the first round and someone took Ronnie Wingo (RB, ATL) in the 2nd round. I am not a big college football fan and had never heard of Ronnie Wingo - and it turns out that draft buddy doesn't know him either. With a deep league (16 teams X 20 roster spots) and some odd owner decisions, I've run into instances where a player is drafted but not in draft buddy (not often, but it happens).

In the past, I've simply entered the data manually - no big deal. With the MFL integration, every time I refresh the the live draft results, it will undo these manual changes because it's literally writing over the cells with the latest content, correct? Assuming I'm correct, is the best way to mitigate this to make side notes and make the manual changes at the end of the draft? Don't get me wrong - the draft buddy database is about as deep as any person should expect. I'm just trying to plan for the unexpected.

Thanks, as always, for all you do to support this awesome product!

Rob

Hey Rob. Good to hear from you. Welcome back, and nice timing your league moving to MFL. Great site and pretty sweet I was able to do these things with Draft Buddy for MFL users.

You have hit on something that I hope is not a problem in 99.5% of leagues. If there are any players that people think are getting drafted on a halfway regular basis then please let me know and I'll see if I can add them.

Otherwise, you can make notes in the columns just to the right of the draft report tab. Make sure no formulas there, but there shouldn't be as long as you kept the columns hidden that I have hidden at the time of download. I would just put the player's name there, beside the pick that it belongs to.