Sign in to follow this  
JKAP21

Dynasty startup non-ppr WR value? Give me your top 15...

I've been playing fantasy football for 16 years now and my favorite part of the season has always been the draft- and I like to think that I've developed a good sense of how to rank players based on relative value depending on the scoring system. However this year I am entering my first-ever dynasty league- (12 team, standard scoring, NON-PPR, start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX, K, DEF) and I am having a difficult time determining where to rank WRs in the first few rounds. From round 3 on I will likely just take the best player available based on positional need, relative value, draft equity, etc.... but getting started is a bit harder. Given the high turnover rate among the top RBs from year-to-year, it would seem smart to go the safe route and take a top flight receiver early. CJ, AJG, Julio, and maybe Dez Bryant would all be first round selections if this were a PPR league. But this is NON-PPR and only start 2 WRs so WRs should drop accordingly. The problem I'm having though is that while their immediate value is less than that of RBs like Ray Rice, Peterson, Foster, they will certainly have much more longevity. But then again this year (and likely for many years to come) RB is extremely shallow whereas WR is quite deep.

Here's what I'm thinking for my top 15 (I pick at 10 and 15). We're having a separate rookie draft where I pick 3rd (planning to take Bell, Bernard, Austin, or Ball).

1. Doug Martin
2. Trent Richardson
3. CJ Spiller
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Jamaal Charles
6. LeSean McCoy
7. Adrian Peterson
8. AJ Green
9. Arian Foster
10. Ray Rice
11. Alfred Morris
12. Julio Jones
13. Dez Bryant
14. Jimmy Graham
15. Matt Forte

others to consider- (A.Rogers, M. Lynch, D. Wilson, A. Luck, C. Newton, D. Thomas)

Right now I'm thinking I'll go RB-RB giving me two of the following (Foster, Rice, Morris, Forte) but I can't stop thinking that it would be silly to pass on the long-term value of Julio, Dez, or Graham (even in Non-PPR, start 2 WRs).

Thoughts?? Show me what your top-15 would be. Anyone out there in a non-ppr dynasty?

I realize that this topic is probably better suited for the "a little help" board but I thought it had some value here as well as a discussion on non-ppr dynasty leagues

I've never been in a dynasty league either but as far as your top 3 picks I would place them in this order: 1. CJ Spiller 2. Doug Martin 3. Trent Richardson. Beyond that I wouldnt know where to place people but I think Doug Martin is a little overhyped and I highly doubt he'll ever have a season like last year. CJ Spiller, however, I think will be a consistent stud every year and Fred Jackson should be gone soon. Trent Richardson I think could prove to have injury problems his whole career. He is very talented but I dont know if he can handle a workhorse load year in and year out.