Sign in to follow this  
CallMeBigCat

Larry Fitzgerald or Randall Cobb

While doing mock drafts I have found that I run into this situation often, Fitz or Cobb. I expect them both to have big years. Fitz now has an above average QB and Cobb will presumably be the number 1 receiver on the packers with Greg Jennings leaving town. So I ask who would you draft as your #1 WR.

I had this very choice an went with Cobb partly because i had already drafted Floyd earlier. No need for 2 Arizona receivers

its fitz ..

I'm not taking Fitz as high as he is going. I may well regret it, but I look at a guy who's been in the league 10 seasons, is 30 years old, and just had the worst season of his career.

Yes his QBs sucked, but didn't they suck for most of his career?

Maybe he does return to elite status this year but why am I paying elite prices for that bet?

I'm not taking Fitz as high as he is going. I may well regret it, but I look at a guy who's been in the league 10 seasons, is 30 years old, and just had the worst season of his career.

Maybe he does return to elite status this year but why am I paying elite prices for that bet?

Good point, the age thing does kinda concern me.

Ill take Cobb in this scenario, but I'd buy either of them to be honest. Fitz takes impeccable care of himself and is a work horse of a WR. Palmer is old and crappy, but should still manage to throw for plenty of yards in that offense. I don't think he's a super bargain, but your paying for upside and targets so I can't complain to much.

Cobb will be utilized in a lot of interesting scenarios so his all purpose yards should have a chance to be really high. My only concern is how he handles the top spot for the offense.

i go fitz, but only because he has upside and could have a huge year.

he does play seattle and san fran 2x, and plays with a lesser qb.

How does Fitz this year compare with Wayne going into last year? Age? Previous season stats? Previous year QB?

If I'm right, and going off the top of my head, Wayne is older, had the worst year of his career, and also had a pisspoor QB throwing to him (Curtis Painter)

How does Fitz this year compare with Wayne going into last year? Age? Previous season stats? Previous year QB?

If I'm right, and going off the top of my head, Wayne is older, had the worst year of his career, and also had a pisspoor QB throwing to him (Curtis Painter)

All valid points, but people trend downwards more often than not. Wayne bucked the trend with a huge upgrade at QB. The biggest difference will be ADP, I got Wayne in like the 9th last year IIRC.

Good point, but Wayne was a value play last year. You have to pay a premium for Fitz. So you're drafting him like its a given that a massive resurgence will occur--if it does then he lives up to his ADP and you essentially get no value out of the bargain; if it doesn't then you burned a second round pick on a disappointing WR when WRs are very deep.

• Like 1

Backwards drafting?

Haha, thought the same thing but decided against confronting him on it.

• Like 1

Good point, but Wayne was a value play last year. You have to pay a premium for Fitz. So you're drafting him like its a given that a massive resurgence will occur--if it does then he lives up to his ADP and you essentially get no value out of the bargain; if it doesn't then you burned a second round pick on a disappointing WR when WRs are very deep.

I agree and I don't think Palmer is going to give him the big jump most people are anticipating.

I had this very choice an went with Cobb partly because i had already drafted Floyd earlier. No need for 2 Arizona receivers

Huh? Are you saying you drafted Floyd when Cobb and Fitz were still on the board?

As to the original post, I would go Fitz. He'll be lining up all over the field this year as Arians looks for ways to get him the ball and take advantage of mismatches. The Cardinals are not going to be able run the ball, and I can see Palmer chucking it 40 times a game. Packers are looking to run more if they can, and there are more mouths to feed in GB.

Huh? Are you saying you drafted Floyd when Cobb and Fitz were still on the board?

As to the original post, I would go Fitz. He'll be lining up all over the field this year as Arians looks for ways to get him the ball and take advantage of mismatches. The Cardinals are not going to be able run the ball, and I can see Palmer chucking it 40 times a game. Packers are looking to run more if they can, and there are more mouths to feed in GB.

IBL league and I had already drafted Floyd in round 9 of the original draft and had traded into another draft @2.01. That's where I grabbed Cobb (and I could have had Fitz)