Is anyone else concerned about Jamaal Charles like me? I constantly see people say they are considering taking him number 1 but I'm skeptical of taking him top 8. If he were to be in a run oriented offense I would understand, but Andy Reid is notorius for being a pass first guy. I think he had 1 year where is was pretty balanced and that was Mccoy's best year. But all those years with Westbrook and the way he was utilized by Reid kind of scares me. It helps that Charles can run and receive and he'll be getting targets in the passing game but I'm still worried about him being successful in Reid's offense. I can't be alone right. The way I have the rb's ranked are as follows:

1. AP

2.Foster

3. Martin

4. Rice

5. Mccoy

6. Spiller

7. Richardson

8. Morris

9. Charles

What do you guys think. Where would you place Charles and Why?

My top 12 in PPR based on my own projections came out like this:

1. Charles

2. AP

3. McCoy

4. Rice

5. Spiller

6. Martin

7. Foster

8. Richardson

9. Alf

10. Jackson

11. Lynch

12. Forte

I think Charles can finish as the top RB this year is for the very reason you stated, "Andy Reid is notorious for being a pass first guy." But, he has always been a pass first guy with a strong-armed QB, which he does not have now. Yeah, he's still gonna think pass first, but Alex Smith is not downfield passer, and the Chiefs are not likely to score a ton of TD's via the big pass play, ala DeSean Jackson, etc. The Chiefs personnel would seem to dictate dinking and dunking, underneath crossing routes, and short to intermediate routes on the sidelines, ie longer sustained drives as opposed to having the ability to strike quickly due to the limitations at QB. While Smith doesn't have the big arm, he is smart and knows how to protect the football, again which should translate to sustained drives and more opportunities for JC. Another thing to like in JC's favor is that in his 5 NFL seasons, he has NEVER averaged less than 5.3 yards per carry, and what that tells you is that he does not need the carries that an AP or Foster gets in order to post huge rushing yards. Do you remember what a crappy team the Chiefs were last year? Everyone knew JC was getting the ball, and he still finished 1500 rushing yards. This year, he may not get the carries he got last year, but his receptions should almost double, and his yards per catch should improve from a paltry 6.7 last year to something closer to the 8-9 yards per catch range, as Reid will look to get Charles the ball out in space more so than last years' regime. As far as TDs, the Chiefs are still not a great offensive team even with Reid in charge, but last years' team only scored 17 offensive TDs, and only 18 the year before that. Reid will make them better, and I have the team projected for 18 TD passes this year and 11 rushing TDs, which in today's NFL is still pretty low. However, I think with the entire offense built around Charles, 2k total yards are not out of the question at all. My projections translate to JC being the top ranked PPR RB this year, rushing 1428/8 TDs and receiving 546/3 TDs.

Well covered Criper. If you even give him 250 rushes and 65 catches he should still be a great pick based on his YPC. That should easily be surpass able.

1. Charles

2. AP

3. McCoy

4. Rice

5. Spiller

6. Martin

7. Foster

8. Richardson

9. Alf

10. Jackson

11. Lynch

12. Forte

Those are some great points. Just based off that I've already gained some more faith in him this year and put him higher on my board. However, I failed to mention that I am in a non-ppr league. How would that change your ranking of charles and the rest of the rbs?

However, I failed to mention that I am in a non-ppr league. How would that change your ranking of charles and the rest of the rbs?

Most of the leagues I play in are PPR. Right now, I only play in one standard scoring league, and I haven't drafted yet, but my RB rankings in standard scoring are currently (subject to change, lol):

1. AP

2. Charles

3. Alf

4. Foster

5. McCoy

6. Spiller

7. Martin

8. Rice

9. Lynch

10. Richardson

11. Jackson

12. Ridley

Most of the leagues I play in are PPR. Right now, I only play in one standard scoring league, and I haven't drafted yet, but my RB rankings in standard scoring are currently (subject to change, lol):

1. AP

2. Charles

3. Alf

4. Foster

5. McCoy

6. Spiller

7. Martin

8. Rice

9. Lynch

10. Richardson

11. Jackson

12. Ridley

First of all, just wanted to say only been a member since yesterday and every post I've seen by you has been pretty much spot on. But going back to the thread, Wow! Alfred Morris that high. The rest of the list I agree with but I'm not that high on Morris this year. If you could provide some insight on that, I would be interested in your reason, and you'll probably end up changing my mind. haha

First of all, just wanted to say only been a member since yesterday and every post I've seen by you has been pretty much spot on. But going back to the thread, Wow! Alfred Morris that high. The rest of the list I agree with but I'm not that high on Morris this year. If you could provide some insight on that, I would be interested in your reason, and you'll probably end up changing my mind. haha

Thanks CMBC, and welcome to the bored. I'm just a guy, and I've got an opinion like everyone else lol. However, I do my own projections based on 3 years of statistical trends (which I won't bore you with). Anyway, regarding Alf, without a lot of detailed analysis and facts, in a nutshell I think the Skins will be a bit more conservative this year on offense in an attempt to protect RGIII and get a full season out of him. Conservative = run the ball with your workhorse and pull the reins in on your QB running the ball as much as he did last year. I actually think Morris gets as many or more GL opportunities as he had last year as I don't see RGIII rushing as frequently as last year. I don't think Alf goes for 1600+ again, but I think 1400+ in an another injury free year is reasonable and double digits TDs should be a lock. My projection: 1480/15 TDs with 93/0 rec which ranks him 3rd in my standard rankings.

Thanks CMBC, and welcome to the bored. I'm just a guy, and I've got an opinion like everyone else lol. However, I do my own projections based on 3 years of statistical trends (which I won't bore you with). Anyway, regarding Alf, without a lot of detailed analysis and facts, in a nutshell I think the Skins will be a bit more conservative this year on offense in an attempt to protect RGIII and get a full season out of him. Conservative = run the ball with your workhorse and pull the reins in on your QB running the ball as much as he did last year. I actually think Morris gets as many or more GL opportunities as he had last year as I don't see RGIII rushing as frequently as last year. I don't think Alf goes for 1600+ again, but I think 1400+ in an another injury free year is reasonable and double digits TDs should be a lock. My projection: 1480/15 TDs with 93/0 rec which ranks him 3rd in my standard rankings.

Hmmm, very interesting. Based off that, I can definately see him getting more TD's. It makes sense that they would lighten RG3's load as far as running the ball goes. You have changed my mind once again. haha. I appreciate the input.

1. Charles

2. AP

3. McCoy

4. Rice

5. Spiller

6. Martin

7. Foster

8. Richardson

9. Alf

10. Jackson

11. Lynch

12. Forte

My top 12 going into a PPR draft next week with .5 per reception:

AP

Foster

Spiller

Lynch

Martin

Rice

Richardson

Charles

McCoy

MJD

Morris

S Jax

I'm going with known commodities over players like McCoy and Charles rather than taking chances are what the coaching affects will actually be.

Is anyone else concerned about Jamaal Charles like me? I constantly see people say they are considering taking him number 1 but I'm skeptical of taking him top 8. If he were to be in a run oriented offense I would understand, but Andy Reid is notorius for being a pass first guy. I think he had 1 year where is was pretty balanced and that was Mccoy's best year. But all those years with Westbrook and the way he was utilized by Reid kind of scares me. It helps that Charles can run and receive and he'll be getting targets in the passing game but I'm still worried about him being successful in Reid's offense. I can't be alone right. The way I have the rb's ranked are as follows:

1. AP

2.Foster

3. Martin

4. Rice

5. Mccoy

6. Spiller

7. Richardson

8. Morris

9. Charles

What do you guys think. Where would you place Charles and Why?

this is how i would rank your top 9

ap

martin

foster

rice

charles

spiller

richardson

mccoy

morris

i love charles this season ..but what i dont like is the lack of td he scores ..i just dont know if he gets more or not this season

My top 12 going into a PPR draft next week with .5 per reception:

AP

Foster

Spiller

Lynch

Martin

Rice

Richardson

Charles

McCoy

MJD

Morris

S Jax

I'm going with known commodities over players like McCoy and Charles rather than taking chances are what the coaching affects will actually be.

Charles is and unknown? I wasn't aware of him being not known since i have known about him for a few years, and he has played damn well each year. Under andy reid i am still a buyer.

this is how i would rank your top 9

ap

martin

foster

rice

charles

spiller

richardson

mccoy

morris

i love charles this season ..but what i dont like is the lack of td he scores ..i just dont know if he gets more or not this season

I too like Charles this year even with Reid's pass first mentality. Smith will be an efficient QB and Gore did well with him as his QB. I can see an uptick in his receptions and overall yardage but still unsure about the td's. Still I was happy to get him at #9 in the first round of a 10 team league.Reid's system may even help keep him healthy during the season.

Westbrook and McCoy were capable and worthy fantasy backs for years under Reid. His track record with pass catching running backs is quite good. I see Reid's arrival in KC as a harbinger of opportunity for Charles - the intersection of talent and scheme that can vault a good player into greatness.

AP

Martin

Charles

Spiller

Foster

Rice

McCoy

Richardson

Morris

Geez- Charles is ranked anywhere from #1 to just a top ten in this thread.

The #2 overall draft position is still up in the air.