Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Breaking Bad: The final episodes

Damn what a great episode. Holy sh!t I'm going to miss this show.

Brilliant. From 60 to 0 to 160 in nothing flat.

Yes, the show is set in little-known Albuquerque, Arizona.

I know where the show is set. I was :doh: 'ing him over the bad joke.

I know where the show is set. I was :doh: 'ing him over the bad joke.

Then you know it's not set in Albuquerque, Arizona since Albuquerque is in New Mexico. :thumbsup:

Then you know it's not set in Albuquerque, Arizona since Albuquerque is in New Mexico. :thumbsup:

:wall:

Wholly Jeebus MotherFock!!!! Wow!

The actress who does Skylar said there was one character she really grieved over. I think we know who that is now.

Walt?

No, but really, no way Hank or Gomie lives. Walt could spare Jesse, maybe.

I really thought Hank was going to die from a sniper shot when he was talking to Marie on the phone. Great suspense there.

It was nice to have "YEAH! B!TCH!" Jesse back even for a few minutes. Aaron Paul was great again. You could just see his mind bouncing between "yes, we got him" and "this is way too easy" when they were taking Walt in. And it turns out he was right, it was way too easy.

I really thought Hank was going to die from a sniper shot when he was talking to Marie on the phone. Great suspense there.

I didn't think that, but I knew Todd's crew would show up at some point. We know Walt doesn't get arrested, so something would happen.

And I was rooting for Walt, was hoping he realized it was a set up somehow. Hmmm, maybe I like chaos and evil? Or maybe this show does such a good job at making us root for the villain.

I didn't think that, but I knew Todd's crew would show up at some point. We know Walt doesn't get arrested, so something would happen.

And I was rooting for Walt, was hoping he realized it was a set up somehow. Hmmm, maybe I like chaos and evil? Or maybe this show does such a good job at making us root for the villain.

Yeah, I don't know, I just thought he was going to buy it while he was talking to Marie for some reason. Glad he didn't, though I think his minutes are numbered.

Agree on the last. I'm still rooting for Walt.

"How do I want it to end"? that's the question I keep asking myself, and I really don't know what ending will satisfy me the most.

I'm guessing Hank/Gomie/and most likely Jessie all die and it's Walt vs. ToddCrew in the end... this is where the whole "mountain-man rocket launcher" flash forward comes in?

With Hank/Gomie dead - Walt is completely off the hook legally.

With ToddCrew gone (and maybe Lydia too) - Walt is off the hook cooking.

Walt will have destroyed his life and his family but will have succeeded with his initial plan - going criminal to support his family financially.

Will Jr. ever find out? What will Jr.s reaction be?

"How do I want it to end"? that's the question I keep asking myself, and I really don't know what ending will satisfy me the most.

I'm guessing Hank/Gomie/and most likely Jessie all die and it's Walt vs. ToddCrew in the end... this is where the whole "mountain-man rocket launcher" flash forward comes in?

With Hank/Gomie dead - Walt is completely off the hook legally.

With ToddCrew gone (and maybe Lydia too) - Walt is off the hook cooking.

Walt will have destroyed his life and his family but will have succeeded with his initial plan - going criminal to support his family financially.

Will Jr. ever find out? What will Jr.s reaction be?

Starting to think Todd might be in line for the spinoff. Walt Jr. has to find out.

I'm thinking that Jessie and Walt might still be in cahoots. I kept waiting for Walt to give Jessie the nod to blast both Hank and Gomie, but it never came. And then the reference to the "first place they ever cooked" - it seems to me that back in the day they parked the RV way out in the open desert, not in some enclosed area like where they are now. I just don't recall them ever cooking in an area that ever looked like that area.

Maybe "first place they ever cooked" is code for something?

I'm thinking that Jessie and Walt might still be in cahoots. I kept waiting for Walt to give Jessie the nod to blast both Hank and Gomie, but it never came. And then the reference to the "first place they ever cooked" - it seems to me that back in the day they parked the RV way out in the open desert, not in some enclosed area like where they are now. I just don't recall them ever cooking in an area that ever looked like that area.

Maybe "first place they ever cooked" is code for something?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9b9516a93dfea9da96e9ecc44da37e3d/tumblr_mrrkt6FYNr1qzpxx1o1_500.jpg

BTW, spinoff is confirmed....Better Call Saul.

So, we know Saul lives....

My son told me this last night, but he said it's prior to breaking bad, a prequel so Saul may not make it if that is true.

My son told me this last night, but he said it's prior to breaking bad, a prequel so Saul may not make it if that is true.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56167716/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

Yeah, so Saul could still die, and probably will.

It would be cool if they have Huel, Bill Burr and Mike all back too. I am sure Jesse will make an appearance or two along with Gus.

BTW, spinoff is confirmed....Better Call Saul.

So, we know Saul lives....

Love his character, not sure his story will be a good hour long drama. He's the piece who gets pushed because of his greed, he's not a leader. If the show is about Saul, it can't be that serious, more slapstick. Was thinking Todd might get the spinoff, but watched Talking Bad last night and Don Cheadle said something about him, and the way the guy who plays Gomie kind of shook his head and smiled it made me think Todd is a goner.

saul isn't greedy, he's the guy always coaching them to have some common sense, take their money, and go

on a long vacation and enjoy life while they can get away with it.

Ffffffuuuucccccckkkkk. That was almost too intense. How dark hows this show gotten? And to open up with that scene, Jesus.....

Fock Hank, fock Marie, fock Skylar and fock Jr. Sweet Jeebus... what is wrong with these people?

Yes... I'm still rooting for Walt.

Fock Hank, fock Marie, fock Skylar and fock Jr. Sweet Jeebus... what is wrong with these people?

Yes... I'm still rooting for Walt.

I'm honestly surprised how Jr turned against Walt so fast.

BTW, the phone call between Skylar and Walt was essentially Walt taking all the blame so nothing fell back on Skylar. Had to watch it again to make sure, but basically she understood what he was doing and she will never see him again.

Yes, I'm still rooting for Walt. I don't want to, but I am.

Fock that opening scene. It was so perfect.

Walt kills the Neo-Nazi clan, and then Jesse escapes to off Walter. Jesse kills Mr.White in the end, and Walt's last words are "I'm sorry".

What opening scene ? The flashback ?? Why was that so intense and or important ??

Oh and holy c r a p that was an intense intense episode.

Very entertaining episode - wow, it has all crumbled but in doing so has laid the groundwork for a full-on Heisenberg finale. Ozymandias, here we come...

Lots of thoughts here:

1. Walt:

With his family safely out of the picture, Walt is free to be all-out Heisenberg, and I can't wait. The infamous flash-forward of woodsman Walt and the rocket launcher seems clearer now and Uncle Jack is gonna' be on the receiving end of it.

What is Walt's endgame? I guess this is my perfect ending:

Walt obliterates Uncle Jack's crew and saves Jessie. They part on cold terms, Walt sorry and Jessie respectful but loathing. Jessie ends up with lots of cash to make a future for himself. Walt somehow finds a way to get money to his family. Walt dies of cancer alone and satisfied that he did what he set out to do and took care of his family financially.

2. Hank

Hank's line to Walt, "you are the smartest guy I've ever known but you're too stupid to see he made up his mind 10 minutes ago" is huge IMO. Nobody has ever given Walt credit, nobody has ever recognized Walt and Walt's ego is huge part of all this. Hank's admission is the win for Walt's ego. Hank represents everything Walt isn't from the "respect", "big-man" angle.

3. Skylar

She's off-the-hook legally thanks to Walt. They both knew exactly what was going on in that "private" phone conversation. Walt was so over-the-top and out-of-character with the way he spoke to Skylar that it should have been obvious to viewers as well... Walt just gave Skylar her "out" legally.

4. Jessie

I don't know what I want for him. Is he just to gone/abused/wrecked to ever come around, to ever be "OK"?

Why did Walt so bluntly tell Jessie about Jane? It didn't seem "soul cleansing" for Walt, it seemed angry/spiteful? Is Walt really done with Jessie, does he really "hate" him and want him dead or was Jessie dead only a necessary chore, Walt doesn't "want to", he "has to"?

5. Todd, Uncle Jack

We've asked ourselves the question over and over, "Who is the Bad Guy", Who is good, Who is bad? And the answer was never easy until now. The Bad Guy are unmistakable: they are cold-blooded murderers, torturers, child-killers, nazi-white supremecists. They are Todd and Uncle Jack. Both sociopaths in their own way.

IMO, the episode's Title, the preview that used the poem are all the key to how this ends:

Ozymandias

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

What opening scene ? The flashback ?? Why was that so intense and or important ??

when you look back at where they started and where they are now, it puts everything into scope... who would have ever imagined all this.

In the flashback, Skylar and Walt were a happy, ordinary couple.

Jessie's line, "Yo, what's next" and Walt's, "the reaction has started" are just perfect. They have no idea.

And inherently it make us ask the question, "would they have been better off if they never started this"? After tonight, it seems to be a pretty resounding, "YES".

And in the end, what we really see is that there is no half-way. This is part of Walt's problem... until tonight, he's always been split between Heisenberg and Walter White... half-way doesn't work..

BTW, the phone call between Skylar and Walt was essentially Walt taking all the blame so nothing fell back on Skylar. Had to watch it again to make sure, but basically she understood what he was doing and she will never see him again.

Walt kills the Neo-Nazi clan, and then Jesse escapes to off Walter. Jesse kills Mr.White in the end, and Walt's last words are "I'm sorry".

Yeah... I figured out pretty quick that he was trying to "save" her, with that phone call. I'm not so sure I would have been able to do that. B!tch pulls a knife on him- and he still tries to protect her... so maybe Walt isn't all bad after all.

Not sure where I fall with Jessie yet. I hate that he flipped and went to Hank... but I don't think I want him to die.

Hank and Marie... Hank got what he deserved. After he found out it was Walt, he should've just dropped it. Especially after finding out that Walt was the one who paid for him to get the best PT after his accident. Yes, you could argue that maybe he wouldn't have been in that situation at all, if it wasn't for Walt... but he sure as hell probably wouldn't be walking either. He should have just taken some hush money, and let it go.

Jr... I'm speechless about this one. I'm with you... I can't believe he turned so quickly...

And in the end, what we really see is that there is no half-way. This is part of Walt's problem... until tonight, he's always been split between Heisenberg and Walter White... half-way doesn't work..

THERE ARE NO HALF MEASURES!

THERE ARE NO HALF MEASURES!

Heisenberg knows this... Walter White has struggled with it. Last night they both finally arrived at the same conclusion.

I just read a re-cap that suggested Walt's outing Jessie, "found him!" and then coldly admitting the Jane-secret is/was the last final step of Walt fully transforming into Heisenberg... Walter White is gone.

and ya' know - whatever a "feel good" a movie like SlumDog or Life of Pi leaves you with - Breaking Bad is just the opposite. I don't feel very good after watching/seeing any of these lately. "Ya Science" and all it's juicy, cool, goodness is so far away now.

despair? dysfunction? stress? angst? anger? fear? vengeance? disgust? judgmental? shock? loathing?

yeah, that's about the range of emotions every episode now brings out. I think I'm starting to understand those weird people who cut themselves.

Still reeling from that one. Walt is dead, in every sense but the literal.

Still reeling from that one. Walt is dead, in every sense but the literal.

Walter White is dead in every sense... Heisenberg however, is very much alive and really has been freed.

I could read about this episode all day

:thumbsup:

can't get enough of this. This finish will be epic from both a writing/story telling arc to a purely gratifying experience for viewers... we've wanted full-on Heisenberg and we're gonna' get it now.

I was hoping he would end the conversation with, "I got a baby to drown."

Just rewatched it. That has to be one of the best episodes of any show ever. The first time I wasn't sure that Walt called to clear Skylar but it was obvious the second time. Also, the second time I realized Walt saw Jesse the whole time he was laying on the ground.

Just rewatched it. That has to be one of the best episodes of any show ever. The first time I wasn't sure that Walt called to clear Skylar but it was obvious the second time. Also, the second time I realized Walt saw Jesse the whole time he was laying on the ground.

I'm gonna hafta go ahead and agree with you on this one. I was trying to think of a Sopranos episode that was better ... and I couldn't.