Sign in to follow this  
Brad12

TD Distance

Hey Mike,

Enjoy the Draft Buddy tremendously. Have a question about the TD Distance scoring (BTW you can ignore the email I sent if you happen to get this message).

I was inputting my projections for Drew Brees (as an example) and the projections are not working out. I am basing my projections on 50% from 2012 and 50% from 2011. The result ends up being higher (565 pts) than what it should be (559 pts).
Our scoring is 1 pt per 20 Pa Yds, 6 pts per TD, -1 pt per Int, 1 pt per 10 Ru Yds, -1 pts per Fumb, and 3 pts for each 300+ Yd Game.

In looking at the formula under the "2013 Projected" column, I noticed that it is taking TD Distance into consideration. We don't do TD distance scoring so I basically deleted all the numbers under the TD Distance tab.

For some reason it still seems that the TD Distance is being factored in even though I deleted all those numbers.

Any suggestions?? Or have I thoroughly confused you???

It doesn't take much to get me confused :)

What makes you think it is the TD Distance that is causing the difference, if you have the TD Distance scoring all set to zero?

On the QB tab, note the two "+" signs across the top? Click the second one. Now what are you seeing for fantasy points for 2012_2h Stats, 2012 Stats and 2011 Stats for Brees?

I was thinking it was the TD distance b/c the 2013 projection didn't change when I set all the TD Distance values to zero. In fact, I went back into the TD Distance tab and put in some arbitrary percentages for Drew Brees and the 2013 Projection number didn't change.

The numbers for 2012_2h Stats, 2012 Stats and 2011 Stats for Brees are 524, 533.4, and 588.4 respectively.

If you have zeroes in the TD Distance scoring I wouldn't expect the projected fantasy points to change no matter what % are there for Brees on the TD Distance tab. I'm not sure I understand that part. I think I see what you are seeing though. I put in your scoring system and i'm getting the same results. Here is why it is slightly higher at 50/50 (for Brees)...

Buddy doesn't calculate the fantasy points as 50% of the 2012 fantasy points + 50% of the 2011 fantasy points. Rather, it calculates new projections based on the selected allocation, in this case 50/50, and calculates the fantasy points off of those. See the light blue section of projections on the QB tab? Those are the projections based on the 50/50 allocation you've selected. By default, the allocation key is 100% FF Today, so that light blue section would then match the next big yellow section where the FF Today projections are.

Specifically in Brees' case, he had 43 PaTD in 2012 and 46 PaTD in 2011. At 50/50, that works out to 44.5, but Buddy rounds it to give us a whole number for the projections, or 45 PaTD. That would results in slightly higher fantasy points.

Same with the 300+ yard passing games. He had 10 in 2012, 13 in 2011. At 50/50, would normally be 11.5, but because of rounding Buddy has it in the blue section as 12.

Essentially, it is a rounding difference. Because of Brees' unique stats, it happened to round him up by 5-6 fantasy points for the season.

Mike, when we have bonus points for TD distance scoring do we only add the bonus points in the QB Passing TD Distance Scoring or the full amount of the TDs for each distance? Example: 8 points for TDs from 10-29 yards, do we put '2' in the distance columns or '8'? Thanks.

Mike, when we have bonus points for TD distance scoring do we only add the bonus points in the QB Passing TD Distance Scoring or the full amount of the TDs for each distance? Example: 8 points for TDs from 10-29 yards, do we put '2' in the distance columns or '8'? Thanks.

You can do it one of two ways:

1. 6 in the basic scoring and only the bonus points (2) in the appropriate distance scoring ranges (note, the ranges should not be edited).

2. 0 in the basic scoring and the full amount (6 or 8) in the appropriate distance scoring ranges (here, the entire distance scoring table will be filled with a fantasy point value for every range).

You just don't want to cross is up with 6 in the basic, 8 in the bonus. That will double count the TD scoring.

• Like 1