Sign in to follow this  
montana

Wk 3 Preseason Games - Observations

Thompkins looked great and has all camp. He is the #2 WR in NE.

Crisp routes, gets separation off the line, Brady trusts him - will go to him on 3rd down. One of the few bright spots for NE last night.

Had a big drop early though

How's Jeffery doing? Looks good with a stat line of 4-52

Jeffery? Who's Jeffery? LOL Yeah, he looks good and someone to target.

Marshall has 3 drops, might as well get him out of the game, he obviously doesn't have his head in the game...not sure why.

M. Bennett looks brutal, dude can't catch the ball, reminds me of Finley, big talker but no action.

Jeffery? Who's Jeffery? LOL Yeah, he looks good and someone to target.

Marshall has 3 drops, might as well get him out of the game, he obviously doesn't have his head in the game...not sure why.

M. Bennett looks brutal, dude can't catch the ball, reminds me of Finley, big talker but no action.

I meant Geoffrey, the giraffe from Toys R Us.

Seriously, he's looking good. Caught 2 balls since NFL Network turned it on.

I meant Geoffrey, the giraffe from Toys R Us.

Seriously, he's looking good. Caught 2 balls since NFL Network turned it on.

He's got 7 catches for 77yds in the first half. If B-man is going to drop easy catches, I like they stopped throwing to him.

Can't believe the Packers took out Rodgers early in the 2nd Qtr, must be afraid of the Seattle D. So much for getting your starters first team reps for at least the 1st half.

4th and goal, and Finley dropped a perfect pass in the end zone...then he does the Lambeu Leap thinking it's a TD? What a clown, glad I stayed away from him so far, and will continue to do so.

Rodgers had been sick all week...still shocked they only let him play one series.

The Pass to Finley was nice and he should have had it.

He did the leap because it was called a TD.

I won't stay away at his value.

Rodgers had been sick all week...still shocked they only let him play one series.

The Pass to Finley was nice and he should have had it.

He did the leap because it was called a TD.

I won't stay away at his value.

Eddie Lacy 8 for -5. What happened there? He looked so good last week. Who started? I didn't catch the game.

Eddie Lacy 8 for -5. What happened there? He looked so good last week. Who started? I didn't catch the game.

Harris started the game.......reported that he re-hurt his knee during the game. Lacy was in with Harrell who was terrible. Seahawks D-Line was dominating the line of scrimmage. He had no holes to run through. Could be for the best, hopefully it will slow his ADP climb.

Harris started the game.......reported that he re-hurt his knee during the game. Lacy was in with Harrell who was terrible. Seahawks D-Line was dominating the line of scrimmage. He had no holes to run through. Could be for the best, hopefully it will slow his ADP climb.

Drafting a GB RB is a waste of a draft pick!

Kinda forgot about games tonight and just went out drinking....at least I can always count on u guys to fill me in!

He did not get in there til Harrell was in at QB...and with only Jones a threat at WR...Seattle loaded the box.

Had one nice run called back on a hold that may have sprung him (but one I have seen not called as well).

But so often he was hit 2 steps after taking the handoff. Still showed that he was a load to bring down and did not go down easy.

Just the perfect storm of playing with a QB that noboby fears and WRs that nobody fears...against a team's 1st string defense playing aggressively.

• Like 1

Drafting a GB RB is a waste of a draft pick!

If you want to pass up on about 1000/10...then yes.

He did not get in there til Harrell was in at QB...and with only Jones a threat at WR...Seattle loaded the box.

Had one nice run called back on a hold that may have sprung him (but one I have seen not called as well).

But so often he was hit 2 steps after taking the handoff. Still showed that he was a load to bring down and did not go down easy.

Just the perfect storm of playing with a QB that noboby fears and WRs that nobody fears...against a team's 1st string defense playing aggressively.

I was interested that harris started the game... in the "dress rehearsal" it sure seemed to me that the pack was not going to trust lacy on the field while rodgers was out there... that can't be a GOOD sign for lacy... of course, it very well could be that lacy will pick up the pass protection (or whatever else it is) that he's lacking, but it gave me pause about the rookie

I was interested that harris started the game... in the "dress rehearsal" it sure seemed to me that the pack was not going to trust lacy on the field while rodgers was out there... that can't be a GOOD sign for lacy... of course, it very well could be that lacy will pick up the pass protection (or whatever else it is) that he's lacking, but it gave me pause about the rookie

That's where I'm at. I want to draft Lacy, because I'm impressed with the small sample I've seen, but he's mocking in the 4th round and Harris is the RB1 on the current depth chart. Might have to play it a bit safer, and grab someone like Mathews or Mende, as much as that thought makes me a bit green (no pun).

IMO...Harris had not played all preseason or practiced much with a knee injury...coming in an offseason where he had a cyst removed from his lung. They wanted to get him reps with the 1s to see how he is coming along.

Sure seemed they trusted him with Rodgers out there last week. And I don't think McCarthy treated it like a dress rehearsal only giving Rodgers 1 series...and most of the starters were out by the 2nd quarter (offense and defense)

Lacy has received nothing but praise for his blitz pickup thus far.

That's where I'm at. I want to draft Lacy, because I'm impressed with the small sample I've seen, but he's mocking in the 4th round and Harris is the RB1 on the current depth chart. Might have to play it a bit safer, and grab someone like Mathews or Mende, as much as that thought makes me a bit green (no pun).

Don't make that mistake. I would take Lacy over Mathews and Mendenhall all day everyday, even with the minimal sample size. It's all about upside at that point and Lacy's is so much higher than those two.

Christine Michael, interesting...

I swear to the sweet infant baby, I thought that was Adrian Peterson in a Seahawks uniform. He's an explosive f**king animal, granted it was the Raiders D.

Anyone thinking Lacy won't be the starter, or won't be productive, is over thinking.

I swear to the sweet infant baby, I thought that was Adrian Peterson in a Seahawks uniform. He's an explosive f**king animal, granted it was the Raiders D.

Anyone thinking Lacy won't be the starter, or won't be productive, is over thinking.

The Raiders D was playing against the Seahawks last night?

The Raiders D was playing against the Seahawks last night?

Whoops-a-daisy...whoops-a-daisy. Got lost for a second, I watched the Bears/Raiders game as well

Whoops-a-daisy...whoops-a-daisy. Got lost for a second, I watched the Bears/Raiders game as well

Though...it was against the Packers 2s (and some 3s) when Michael broke that run.

That said...he looked very good. Combo of good burst and power...nice reception too...someone posted elsewhere a good comparison to Ahman Green.

I didn't see really any contact to his knee on his touchdown run...he's walking off under his own power after being attended to for about 2 or 3 minutes.

Not going to lie...Roy Helu looks slower than Donald Brown...what'd this guy eat for breakfast today? Pudding and Malt O Meal?

Not going to lie...Roy Helu looks slower than Donald Brown...what'd this guy eat for breakfast today? Pudding and Malt O Meal?

He looked fine to me. Didn't look blazing but looked like he had some shift to his game.

What focking anouncer just said, "Morris is the shiftier back, Helu has more power." Is that Joe Thiesman? What a beat off.

Of course right after I said that Helu broke his two long runs. Coughed one up but immediately caught the rebound off the ground. If he had lost that fumble Shanahan might've ripped his throat out

Well at least he looks ok. He did look a little slow on that last run though.

And this is why I find the handling of a guy like Aaron Rodgers in their game 3 to be completely appropriate. Why risk playing when your knee was hurt? One Keller hit away from IR

I feel like I might have hit the first complaining early in a game only for that guy to blow up moment on the bored this year...and it's only pre-season...

I feel like I might have hit the first complaining early in a game only for that guy to blow up moment on the bored this year...and it's only pre-season...

No biggie, we are all just observing :)

Sad to hear...with multiple concussions now under his belt, you gotta wonder how the Bills are going to treat him in his recovery? Last thing you need is for a starting QB to turn into Austin Collie on national TV. Problem is, EJ Manuel needs to be healthy too.

• Like 1

Ha ha. I did the opposite last night in this thread. Started the Russell Wilson train because he looked awesome in the first series (probably well rehearsed plays to start the game), and then looked pretty average thereafter.

Geno Smith throws a bad pick. They said that was his second of the game? Wow that offense is going to blow...