Sign in to follow this  
jmonfrey

Lacy

Do you still feel confident with lacy after last night?

Was going to take him before bush and drew.

I wouldn't have taken him before MJD or Bush if he ran for 100+ and 2 td's last night. The Packers have gone 43 consecutive games without a 100 yard rusher...Lacy isn't special enough for the Packers to change to a run-first offense. And their line still sucks.

Rodgers left the game after the first series. Very simple game-plan when Hammel is in there. Stack the line and stop the run. It'll be a different story when Jordy, Cobb, Nelson, Finley, Boykins are lined up ready to pounce downfield and A-Rod is the QB.. I'm glad Lacy had a bad game, my draft is Monday and i'll steal him late.

I wouldn't have taken him before MJD or Bush if he ran for 100+ and 2 td's last night. The Packers have gone 43 consecutive games without a 100 yard rusher...Lacy isn't special enough for the Packers to change to a run-first offense. And their line still sucks.

Peterson was quoted as saying that Lacy is the best rookie back, so maybe he sees something we don't...however, taking him over MJD and bush is silly talk. I was thinking 5-6 round, MAYBE.

• Like 1

I don't know, he looks just like every other big back does in the preseason. Flashes runs where he runs guys over in the open field, but I don't see anything that separates him those other guys you see in the preseason then become less effective as time goes. Seems every preseason there is a big back that looks unstoppable, but as you saw last night, well he ran backwards.

I do like Lacy and think he can be a good back, but yeah, he's not worthy of a 2nd round or early 3rd round pick. Defenses can stop the Packers' running game pretty easily without making it a priority. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think 1,000 yds and 8 tds would be a really good season for him this year.

I don't know, he looks just like every other big back does in the preseason. Flashes runs where he runs guys over in the open field, but I don't see anything that separates him those other guys you see in the preseason then become less effective as time goes. Seems every preseason there is a big back that looks unstoppable, but as you saw last night, well he ran backwards.

agreed, all the rookies this year look like crap so far......I don't think any one of them emerge as a top 15 RB this year.....Your better off taking a 2nd year back such as Wilson, L.Miller, D.Richardson to emerge as a possible top 10 next year....

My best bet is Wilson... he looks explosive and I think he's ready to take it to the next level

I do like Lacy and think he can be a good back, but yeah, he's not worthy of a 2nd round or early 3rd round pick. Defenses can stop the Packers' running game pretty easily without making it a priority. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think 1,000 yds and 8 tds would be a really good season for him this year.

Plus, Packers love FB dive or QB sneaks at the goalline.

What would be concerning for Lacy is that Harris looked to pick up blocks pretty well yesterday. If Harris is healthy, I'm thinking hot hand time share.

Rodgers left the game after the first series. Very simple game-plan when Hammel is in there. Stack the line and stop the run. It'll be a different story when Jordy, Cobb, Nelson, Finley, Boykins are lined up ready to pounce downfield and A-Rod is the QB.. I'm glad Lacy had a bad game, my draft is Monday and i'll steal him late.

jordy and nelson are great guya.

Peterson was quoted as saying that Lacy is the best rookie back, so maybe he sees something we don't...however, taking him over MJD and bush is silly talk. I was thinking 5-6 round, MAYBE.

Pretty much this.

Last night...there was nothing to tell. Any evaluation with Harrell at QB (who they cut today) and what they were trotting out at WR with Cobb and Nelson out is pretty much useless.

Guy in my draft today took him in round 3 over bush, MJD, gore, dez, Julio, Marshall, ect.

Guy in my draft today took him in round 3 over bush, MJD, gore, dez, Julio, Marshall, ect.

I think Eddie Lacy's mom might be in your league

That's crazy, what kind of maniac would do that? I passed on Mathews for Lacy and feel some heartburn over it... for now.

Its still GB with a pass first offense and an average OL. Also, last I looked Kuhn as still around and he's a goal line vulture. Why take such a risk with an early or mid round pick there are choices with the less downside risk.

Not sure why he did it but I'm not complaining. Dez Bryant fell to me in the 3rd right after the lacy pick so I'm happy about it lol

Pretty much this.

Last night...there was nothing to tell. Any evaluation with Harrell at QB (who they cut today) and what they were trotting out at WR with Cobb and Nelson out is pretty much useless.

You must be a Packers faithful...every comment you make is pro-packers...too funny. This is a fantasy football forum, don't need some homers offering up some useless opinions. I think you're the one that thinks Lacy will go for 1000 yds and 10 td's, GL with that.

You must be a Packers faithful...every comment you make is pro-packers...too funny. This is a fantasy football forum, don't need some homers offering up some useless opinions. I think you're the one that thinks Lacy will go for 1000 yds and 10 td's, GL with that.

Actually, he makes a valid point.

agreed, all the rookies this year look like crap so far......I don't think any one of them emerge as a top 15 RB this year.....Your better off taking a 2nd year back such as Wilson, L.Miller, D.Richardson to emerge as a possible top 10 next year....

My best bet is Wilson... he looks explosive and I think he's ready to take it to the next level

Christine MichaelS has looked fantastic.

Christine MichaelS has looked fantastic.

Indeed he has...in Training Camp and during preseason games. However, with Marshawn and Turbin there, he'll see very limited action.

Its still GB with a pass first offense and an average OL. Also, last I looked Kuhn as still around and he's a goal line vulture. Why take such a risk with an early or mid round pick there are choices with the less downside risk.

Kuhn will not be any GL vulture. Mainly because his little dive play rarely worked anymore.

Lacy has a knack around the GL...I suspect much of his value will lie in TD heavy leagues.

If you can point out what is unreasonable about what I have stated about Lacy...be my guest.

Harris is hurt...Starks is average at this point...Green is a disappointment and before Harris banged his knee was likely on the way out...and Franklin had shown nothing.

Lacy has the talent to be a 3 down back...with Rodgers in there, he won't see defensive fronts stacking the LOS like Seattle did with Graham Harrell in there.

BTW...where is Harrell now? Thats right, looking for a job as he was already cut.

I don't think my opinion here is useless on evaluating Lacy with Rodgers in at QB over a guy who is now unemployed.

And yes...barring injuries to Lacy and Rodgers...I see Lacy going for 1000/10.

To me he seems like a Ron Dayne / Brandon Jacobs clone. Give him a hole he can knock over one guy on the 2nd level, but he isn't gonna just make guys miss and take it to 2nd gear. People will just start taking out his knee and that 10 second spin move is gonna get him killed

To me he seems like a Ron Dayne / Brandon Jacobs clone. Give him a hole he can knock over one guy on the 2nd level, but he isn't gonna just make guys miss and take it to 2nd gear. People will just start taking out his knee and that 10 second spin move is gonna get him killed

According to Adrian Peterson, he's the best back out of college this year... we all have different opinion Murf, but I'm going to lean slightly with Petersons here. I feel he has a little more credibility than you.

I agree with the comparison, but Lacy should be a tad bet better than those two.

According to Adrian Peterson, he's the best back out of college this year... we all have different opinion Murf, but I'm going to lean slightly with Petersons here. I feel he has a little more credibility than you.

Oh Peterson is a scout now. LOL

Well he was like 3rd rb taken in draft maybe 4th?

Actually id say we have far more credibility as fat lazy slobbish fantasy addicts than Adrian Peterson. Players will say everyone is the greatest. Ask bernard pierce who he thinks should go first overall and he will say himself. Ask kenny Britt where he should go in fantasy drafts and he will say rnd 1. Players are clueless about anything thats not working out or studying their own playbook or the opposing defenses. We at home look at all the reports, college footage, games, scout reports. Players do none of that. If Lacy is Adrians homie he will say hes the best rb in the world besides himself.

Not sure why everyone isn't on the Lacy train yet.

• He's been good in the preseason (Seattle doesn't count, 2nd string GB going against 1st string SEA defence).
  • He has no competition for carries - Green/Franklin/Starks have done nothing.
  • He plays on one of the best offenses in the league. Rodgers/Kuhn stole allot of GL carries when the only other option was Starks/Harris/Grant.
  • It wasn't that long ago that a much less talented Grant put together a pretty good season on this team.

Why can't he be this year's Alfred Morris? He certainly seems to have the opportunity to do so.

paging bjsteel....still think my prediction is just homeristic and not reasonable?

Not shocking...you could not answer to my response...think different now with Harris out?

• He's been good in the preseason (Seattle doesn't count, 2nd string GB going against 1st string SEA defence).
  • He plays on one of the best offenses in the league. Rodgers/Kuhn stole allot of GL carries when the only other option was Starks/Harris/Grant.
  • It wasn't that long ago that a much less talented Grant put together a pretty good season on this team.
Why can't he be this year's Alfred Morris? He certainly seems to have the opportunity to do so.

I'd be stunned if he gets more than 200-250 carries, great number of touches but nowhere near that kind of opportunity to be a bellcow in a run heavy O.

Pretty much you have only explained he is in a good offense so that means he will do better than all the other scrubs since Grant why? And if only thing that makes him good is Rodgers being on field....well how good is he? Cause it was not 2nd team offense only 2nd team qb

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/221348671.html

Harris out on IR.

Lacy has no real competition for carries.

All aboard.

So you cheer for your projected homer team starting rb going on IR? Even if he was your #2 how is this helping the pack? Or you chose fantasy over reality?

I thinke he will be a decent #2 but I can't see him being a 3 down rb

He could be Alf in that player that rises from obscurity and cements himself as an every week starter, whether it's an RB 1 or RB 2, but Washington was the #1 rushing team in the league and posted 1,000 more yards as a team than Green Bay.

I know a lot of that difference was RG3 but in terms of 'running the football' Washington is among the best teams in the league and Green Bay isn't.

That said Ced Benson was a pretty startable player and Lacy could certainly emerge.

Because Lacy was already on everybody's radar before preseason. Morris wasn't.

And WAS is one of the most run heavy teams in the league. GB isn't.

Lets just be happy if he's a solid RB2....which I think is his absolute ceiling. Any more is just wishful thinking.

Pretty much you have only explained he is in a good offense so that means he will do better than all the other scrubs since Grant why? And if only thing that makes him good is Rodgers being on field....well how good is he? Cause it was not 2nd team offense only 2nd team qb

From the little I've seen of Lacy.....he never goes down on first contact. He seems to always fall forward. He has enough shiftiness in the open field to make guys miss. He has enough talent to succeed on his own. The fact that defenses won't be able to solely focus on him without Rodgers shredding them is an added bonus.

If you want a speedster....cool. Lamar Miller or Davd Wilson or Gio Bernard are probably more fun to watch and you should target them instead. But none are 3 down backs. None have near the same opportunity Lacy does. Opportunity is half the battle in fantasy.

Do you really think he isn't that good? Or are you just railing against everyone hyping him so much? :dunno:

So you cheer for your projected homer team starting rb going on IR? Even if he was your #2 how is this helping the pack? Or you chose fantasy over reality?

I thinke he will be a decent #2 but I can't see him being a 3 down rb

Not sure where you see me cheering for Harris getting hurt (nor where I have ever called him a starter and thought all along that was coach speak and have said that Lacy was going to be the guy).

I never claimed it was helping the pack...and that part of it sucks.

Just saying its all aboard the Lacy show now.

So nice attempted slam...that pretty much was little more than a swing and miss.

Oh, and what about him is not a 3 down back?