Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Must have players

Another thread gave me this idea.

I have missed on players like Roddy White, Arian Foster, Michael Turner, Ray Rice, and CJ Spiller. Foster and Spiller I did end up with in a few leagues but I should have gotten them in all leagues. The rest are guys that some how I didn't get even though I was pretty certain of a break out.

Well I have tried to make myself more attentive to where I am in the draft to make sure this doesn't happen nearly as much.

This year the must have players I have on my list are Pierre Garcon, Roy Helu, and Knowshon Moreno. Guys that I believe are going to finish way over their current adp.

Who is on your list of must draft players?

Must drafts (will even reach a bit):

Vincent Brown

Jordan Cameron

David Wilson

Must draft at current position or if they fall at all:

Ty Hilton

Michael Vick

Josh Gordon

Must drafts if they fall a bit:

Ben Tate

Must drafts (will even reach a bit):

Vincent Brown

Jordan Cameron

David Wilson

Must draft at current position or if they fall at all:

Ty Hilton

Michael Vick

Josh Gordon

Must drafts if they fall a bit:

Ben Tate

Dude ive been thinking the guy that skips qb and drafts Vick in the late rnds with a guy like Eli backing him up is gonna steamroll his league.

montee ball as RB3 in the 5th round...

one of the Calvin, Dez, AJ, Marshall combo... whether it be first or 2nd round, especially in PPR

Jordy Nelson... i think he will have a monster year... if i already have 2RBs by mid-late round 4, i will definitely be reaching... if not, Round 5 if he is there

Ben Tate/Andre Brown... will definitely be taking these guys over low ceiling starters...

from other threads everyone already knows my love affairs with vincent brown and cecil shorts...

Vick is undrafted in our league.......i know...dont start.

Id pick him up but i have Romo and Shaub (who has a nice romo bye week matchup)

But still.....

TY hilton

Matt Ryan

Zona D

Explain Helu and knowshon, im curious.

Helu is more talented that Morris. I know some people don't agree with me, but he is faster, quicker, and the same exact size almost (they were actually only born 2 or 3 days apart). Helu has been getting a ton of work this preseason and has looked good, scary good sometimes. If Morris can produce the stats he did last year on a consistent basis, imagine what Helu could do with the same opportunity. If Morris goes down you are looking at the number one fantasy pickup off the ww all year in leagues he isn't drafted.

If Morris stays healthy it is at least a time share imo. Helu should be catching the majority of the passes out of the backfield. Even though Morris has worked a ton on his pass catching, I am not sure how much you can improve in that department. I just think his upside is a top 10 rb easy if given enough touches.

Moreno will most likely be the starting RB for the Broncos come week one. I don't know how you trust the health of your QB on a rookie RB or Hillman when you have a superior pass protector in Moreno. Also, when Moreno has been given significant touches he produces quality stats. He is made of glass, I know, but if he can stay healthy his upside is at least a RB2. Who ever the primary RB in Denver is is worth starting.

Broncos are in a win now mode. I don't think Hillman or Ball are all that superior of RB talents as it is. At least not enough for them to risk a costly fumble or missed assignment.

1600 rushing yards......i dont care if Helu dry humped Walter Paytons coffin all off season.........hes not getting ahead of Alf.

Vick is undrafted in our league.......i know...dont start.

Id pick him up but i have Romo and Shaub (who has a nice romo bye week matchup)

But still.....

I would probably pick up Vick instead. I think he has enough upside to warrant it.

I would probably pick up Vick instead. I think he has enough upside to warrant it.

Than who? Schaub?

Shaub plays Oakland in Romos bye week......doesnt get much jucier than that.

Than who? Schaub?

Shaub plays Oakland in Romos bye week......doesnt get much jucier than that.

Sometimes those games end up being run for 280 yards and 4 tds while the QB has 200 yards and one td. I do see the easy defensive matchup. I just wouldn't be surprised to see Vick outscore Romo this year. If both are top 10 QBs then that's pretty good value for the ww.

Sometimes those games end up being run for 280 yards and 4 tds while the QB has 200 yards and one td. I do see the easy defensive matchup. I just wouldn't be surprised to see Vick outscore Romo this year. If both are top 10 QBs then that's pretty good value for the ww.

Oh absolutely.......I just might be in a spot where it doesnt benefit my team even though...as you said...Vick could outscore Romo.

Might stash him just so nobody else can get him...ha

Dude ive been thinking the guy that skips qb and drafts Vick in the late rnds with a guy like Eli backing him up is gonna steamroll his league.

That was my plan, unfortunately, the guy right in front of me (who drafted Rodgers in the first round) decided to grab Vick as his back up in round 9. So I had to grab Eli as my starter. I should have grabbed Vick in round 8 I guess, but everyone in the league already had their starter QB at that point so I figured I was safe to wait till 9. Kind of screwed me. The likes of Shaub, Bradford and Weeden are still out there. I grabbed Pryor just for the fun of it to be my back up for now.

Ryan Mathews? ;)

lets see

If he stays healthy, Danny Amendola

Golden Tate

DeAndre Hopkins

DeAngelo Williams

MJD

Jared Cook

granted all of these guys except for maybe Hopkins ADP have been on the rise the past month or two but i still expect all to outperform their ADP. I think its more fun to predict breakout WR's and TE's as RB's tend to me more based on injury to the starter.

Ryan Mathews? ;)

lets see

If he stays healthy, Danny Amendola

Golden Tate

DeAndre Hopkins

DeAngelo Williams

MJD

Jared Cook

granted all of these guys except for maybe Hopkins ADP have been on the rise the past month or two but i still expect all to outperform their ADP. I think its more fun to predict breakout WR's and TE's as RB's tend to me more based on injury to the starter.

Well based on Mathews ADP I end up with him. I don't think he is must have. I know you were just focking around but he is the player I will have on most rosters that I didn't intend to happen.

I'll second Jordy Nelson and third Deandre Hopkins. Hopkins is more because of what WhiteWonder said--of all the promising mid to late round receivers out there, he's the one whose price has stayed pretty level. Givens, Gordon, Alshon Jeffery, and of course NFL MVP Kenbrell Thompkins have all climbed a lot in the past month.

Well based on Mathews ADP I end up with him. I don't think he is must have. I know you were just focking around but he is the player I will have on most rosters that I didn't intend to happen.

^ this... couldn't pass him up at the late 5th/ early 6th turn... part of me regretted drafting him, yet the other part is intrigued with what he could do in a PPR league as my #3RB

yes i was messin with ya. I didn't intend to draft MJD in our dynasty but it happened and ever since i have felt better and better that I may have gotten a steal at the end of the 3rd.

I'll second Jordy Nelson and third Deandre Hopkins. Hopkins is more because of what WhiteWonder said--of all the promising mid to late round receivers out there, he's the one whose price has stayed pretty level. Givens, Gordon, Alshon Jeffery, and of course NFL MVP Kenbrell Thompkins have all climbed a lot in the past month.

Personally, i've seen Gordon slipping in drafts. Thanks for mentioning him, I meant to add him to my list. I got him as my WR4 in a recent 12 team draft in round 10 after Michael Floyd who could also go on this list. And yesterday my brother landed Gordon in round 11 of a 12 teamer.

^ this... couldn't pass him up at the late 5th/ early 6th turn... part of me regretted drafting him, yet the other part is intrigued with what he could do in a PPR league as my #3RB

I agree. That price isn't bad for a featured back. I think it says a lot that he was quoted as wanting to get out of LT's shadow earlier this offseason, in terms of getting a sense of what his situation has been like. New staff might mean a breath of fresh air.

Now for the bad cop: Only downsides are an atrocious OLine and almost no 3rd down looks in preseason. Balance that against the fact that you can't break a titanium collar bone and you've got a recipe for success!

I don't have Helu in any leagues but I tend to agree with FBN.

ALF might be the only running back drafted in the 1st or 2nd round with a backup possibly as talented, or more, than him.

• Like 1

Nobody mentioned Kenbrell Thompkins, dude looks like the real deal and has a great opportunity with Brady throwing to him and Amendola injury prone. I also like Rueben Randle as a must have, as well as Eddie Lacy. I think Lacy can be a top 10 back easy this year, especially with the news DuJuan Harris is on the IR.

I really like Garcon & Bowe this year, especially where I've gotten them. Another WR that I'm pretty hyped about is Givens in StL. I think they have enough talent around him to take some pressure off Bradford & Givens will benefit the most.

Roddy White in the 3rd round every time.

Im drafting Roddy every year until hes dead. Hes like how torry holt was, set ur watchto him every year.

Brandon Marshall will be 1 in ppr leagues.

Morris will be a top 5 the desire is there, not most gifted but has eye of the tiger

Been there done that with Vick last year, and now he's in an offense that would like him to run more...no thanks, he won't last past week 6, if that.

I don't see the love for Helu, was pretty hyped last year, and although got hurt, I can't see him taking many carries from Morris, that would be crazy. Now if you have Morris, then by all means, back him up with Helu.

Here's a quick ?, if you have both Charles "and" Morris, which one would you rather hand-cuff with, K. Davis or Helu?

Brandon Marshall will be 1 in ppr leagues.

Morris will be a top 5 the desire is there, not most gifted but has eye of the tiger

So does Katy Perry :dunno:

1600 rushing yards......i dont care if Helu dry humped Walter Paytons coffin all off season.........hes not getting ahead of Alf.

I just pi$$ed myself reading this. Crying on my keyboard. Argument ended; well done.

1000% agree (my 10th rounder last year).

well i agree that helu has an extremely interesting skill set (drafted and stashed his rookie year in all of my dynasty drafts), but with that said unless alfred is carted off he's not stealing any of his candy this season...

royster & young combined for 60 total touches and 352 yards last season..morris is the bell cow in DC

It was not funny or clever at all

Says the dooshbag with one post since 2012.....you're nobody.....exit left kid.

I'm loving Michael Floyd this year. Cheap and huge upside - no way he sees double coverage ever lined up across from Fitz.

Speaking of which I like Palmer for a late flier too, think he could put up week leading numbers during good match-ups.

Really liking Chris Johnson at his ADP, Gore too.

Sproles with Sean Payton back goes from good to great.

I bumped up Boldin a bit, thinking he might get some red zone work.

joique

Debating whether to pick him up off waivers tonight.

I got Spiller, Fred Jackson, Bush, Lamar Miller, Le'Veon Bell and Moreno. I can only hold six. Thinking of dumping Le'Veon Bell for Joiquie Bell as Bush's handcuff.

Do I pull the trigger there? I'm starting to think even if Le'Veon comes back he'll be in a time share and not worth much.