Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Must have players

I agree with everyone about jordy Nelson. He's on both my teams this year as my wr3. He wasn't feeling any love from people in both my leagues so I was happy to take him. If he's healthy then he is the clear #1 in Green Bay. As for Alfred Morris he won't have a time share or rbbc so I don't know why people think he will. He's still gonna be the bell cow and still get all the goal line carries. Now the other guy I usually try to get in my leagues are Spiller, lynch, or Demaryius Thomas. It's not just the fact that they will score me a lot of points. It's the fact that I just love watching them play. Demaryius Thomas is awesome to watch catching the football. That one handed touchdown pass he had from last year was just amazing. Spiller played on my fav college team so I've been following him since then and love watching him speed past people. Lastly beast mode is exactly that. I love watching lynch just wreck through people like the Incredible Hulk. The players make me enjoy fantasy football more cause it gives me a reason to watch them all. Sadly out of the three I only have lynch in one of my leagues

well this will be a fun thread to dredge up.

im gonna be needing a qb and hoping to nab luck instead of missing and waiting for vick to fall.

planning on demarco mjd luck roddy and antonio brown to outperform. good luck all.

Gordon. He's being universally undervalued. He'll crack 1,000 yards despite the suspension and it would not be surprising in the least to see him challenge for the top-10 at WR this year. He has "2nd year breakout receiver" written all over him.

I have:

Calvin

Jimmy

Vereen

Sudfeld

Luck

TY

On every team. I really wanted DeSean Jackson, I think hes highly undervalued. A certainty for mid-high WR2 this year in my opinion.

tommy maddox

stephen davis

kevan barlow

big mike williams

david pattern

jared cook

LoL Kevan Barlow! Holy ######. Now there is a blast from the past.

My list includes not sleepers, but players who i think do well beyond their ADP:

QB: Kaeprnick, EJ Manuel

RB: M. Ball, D. Wilson, B. Tate. I excluded Lacy as I think he'll be reached Harris on IR. RBs are hard to predict because they don't last and split reps, but I think these backs will have high playtime regardless of a rbbc.

WR: TY Hilton, Vincent Brown, T. Austin, Desean Jackson (the forgotten man who is healthy and slipping far), C. Shorts, E. Sanders.

TE: B. Myers and J. Cameron. Maybe Benett just for Unicorn Blood smack.

K: Dawson Dawson Dawson. Forget everyone else.

DEF: Cinci, Stl, KC, Carolina. Cinci probably will perform around their ADP though but its def, everyone grabs them late.

I don't have Helu in any leagues but I tend to agree with FBN.

ALF might be the only running back drafted in the 1st or 2nd round with a backup possibly as talented, or more, than him.

What about Foster? Many feel Tate could steal that starting role.

What about Foster? Many feel Tate could steal that starting role.

There is no way the Texans are going to favor Tate over Foster if they are both able to play.

Forte

Chris Johnson

Finley

Fitzgerald

I'm loving me some Forte and CJ2K this year with the swing picks at end of round 1. the only thing is that they both have a bye in week 8. they have clear handcuffs who could be valuable on their own and they both have revamped o-lines. they could both be ppr monsters.

i'm also really liking Finley. i think he's a tremendous value for where he's going. GB has a lot of weapons, but he's more focused than ever and he's in great shape.

Fitzgerald might have the best year of his career. Arians loves to air it out and carson will get him the rock ... a LOT

There is no way the Texans are going to favor Tate over Foster if they are both able to play.

All things equal maybe, but there are concerns about Fosters health.

Another thread gave me this idea.

I have missed on players like Roddy White, Arian Foster, Michael Turner, Ray Rice, and CJ Spiller. Foster and Spiller I did end up with in a few leagues but I should have gotten them in all leagues. The rest are guys that some how I didn't get even though I was pretty certain of a break out.

Well I have tried to make myself more attentive to where I am in the draft to make sure this doesn't happen nearly as much.

This year the must have players I have on my list are Pierre Garcon, Roy Helu, and Knowshon Moreno. Guys that I believe are going to finish way over their current adp.

Who is on your list of must draft players?

There is no such thing as a "must have" player in my vocabulary.

Debating whether to pick him up off waivers tonight.

I got Spiller, Fred Jackson, Bush, Lamar Miller, Le'Veon Bell and Moreno. I can only hold six. Thinking of dumping Le'Veon Bell for Joiquie Bell as Bush's handcuff.

Do I pull the trigger there? I'm starting to think even if Le'Veon comes back he'll be in a time share and not worth much.

Dump Fred, you really think he is going to do anything this year? Spiller is getting the ball until he throws up. Fred might, might have 400 yards and maybe 3 TDs.

Dude ive been thinking the guy that skips qb and drafts Vick in the late rnds with a guy like Eli backing him up is gonna steamroll his league.

I tried this with mixed results. I had 12th pick in PPR where you start only 1 RB and 3 WR/TE + 1 flex. Went Forte and Dez, then Sproles and Garcon, then at 5.12/6.01 i had to make a decision. James Jones, Gronk, and all the second/third tier QBs were available (Wilson, Luck, Caep, RG3, Romo, Vick). As I would have been contnet with any of those as my starting QBs if i could get James Jones and Gronk, I went with the WR/TE combo. To my complete surprise and disgust, not one, but two different people took BACKUP QBs before my next pick...Romo went 1 pick before (as a backup). Was so pissed.

Now my roster so far (2 rnds left):

QB: Dalton, Eli, Palmer

RB: Sproles, Forte, Tate, Hunter

WR: Dez, Garcon, Gronk, Jones, Sanu, Marlon Moore

DT: Steelers

My team is good IMO for this league format, but if I could have gotten Wilson (went 5 picks before me) or even Romo (1 pick before), I would feel much better. May take a flier on Manuel in the last rnd if it looks like he will play in week 1.

Well based on Mathews ADP I end up with him. I don't think he is must have. I know you were just focking around but he is the player I will have on most rosters that I didn't intend to happen.

I have wound up with Matthews in 3 of my 5 leagues. He just falls too far to ignore at some point. I wouldn't say I have to have him but for where he's going he my RB3 and even RB 4 in one league.

Dump Fred, you really think he is going to do anything this year? Spiller is getting the ball until he throws up. Fred might, might have 400 yards and maybe 3 TDs.

I'd concur. I have spiller and I didn't even target Jackson. I'd rather draft a Bryce Brown or a Bernard Pierce with that pick. Even if Spiller goes down FJax isn't likely to account for half of his production.

tommy maddox

stephen davis

kevan barlow

big mike williams

david pattern

jared cook

ok, realize that i am a steeler fan, but also realize that this is an un-biased opinion. these r my true thoughts on tommy gun this year, and i fully expect him to prove me right.

first of all, there is no quarterback, and there hasnt been since warner in 1999 w/ as many weapons in the passing game as tommy has this year. hines ward is the most polished wr in football, and plaxico burress is going to show this year how elite of a wr he really is. these guys both will have 12-15 tds each, and both will eclipse 1,300 yds receiving, w/ plax closer to 1,600. randle el in the slot is absolutely impossible to cover 1 on 1 w/out a shut down corner, and u cannott afford that w/ the 2 elite wrs lined up outside. randle el will be good for 500-700 yds receiving this year, and a couple of trick plays as well. zereoue out of the back field will be a huge upgrade over bettis between the 20s, and he has developed into an outstanding receiver and they will find ways to get him the ball through the air. he should get 400-600 yds receiving. rhiemersma is a huge upgrade over bruener as the starting te. rhiemersma is a polished wr, and can make tough catches and keep a linebacker honest at all times, giving maddox more time to throw w/ less blitzes. i look for rhiemersma to accumulate 450-600 yds receiving as well. of course the other backs, fullbacks, and tes, and wrs will get a handfull of catches and yds as well.when u add all of these #s together, u start to realize that tommy maddox will have some serious weapons to throw to this season. he is healthy, confident, playing for a contract, and poised to take this offense to the next level. there will be no defense capable of stopping, or even slowing down this juggernaut.bottom line, maddox can break the all time passing yds record if he stays healthy, and im boldly predicting him for 5,000+ yards passing this season. teams predictions:

maddox: 5,100 yds passing, 36-38 tds, 150 yds rushing, 0-1 tds.

zereoue: 1,100 yds rushing, 4-6 tds, 400-600 yds receiving, 2-3 tds.

bettis: 400-500 yds rushing, 6-8 tds, 100-150 yds receiving, 0 tds.

ward: 110 receptions, 1,350-1,400 yds, 13-15 tds

and a handful of rushing yds)

burress: 85-90 catches, 1,500-1,700 yds, 12-14 tds

randle el: 500-700 yds receiving, 3-5 tds

rhiemersma: 400-500 yds receiving, 2-4 tds

rest of backs/wrs/tes: 300-400 yds receiving, 2-4 tds.

this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2...

All things equal maybe, but there are concerns about Fosters health.

Keeper leagues should be aware Tate is a free agent next year. Question is does he get franchised?.

TY Hilton

Chris Givens

i had to pick between these guys as keepers in 12th round i went givens but i wish i could of kept them both think they will both out perform there current adp

joique

Count me in on the Joique Bell bandwagon. Drafted him in the 10th round in three leagues.

Reggie Bush stayed relatively healthy on grass in Miami, but missed a lot of games playing on turf in Nawlins. He's back on turf in Motown, and he may revert back to being banged up again. If Bush misses extensive playing time, Bell will put up Top 15 numbers for the Motor City Kitties.

Chris Johnson - The 2nd worst offensive line in the NFL (according to Football Outsiders) last season made some key additions in the off-season in both Chance Warmack as well as Andy LeVitre and have looked exceptional in the run game thus far this pre-season. Unfortunately for CJ1.2k owners was that by the time Week 7 came (only his 2nd 100+ yard rushing game at that point) they might have been leveled. Shonn Greene is there too, but I don't think that takes away value from Chris Johnson. Currently being drafted around the 21st pick, you're essentially getting a GUARANTEED 1,300 yards from scrimmage, 4.0+YPC, with 35+ receptions to pair with a player like Doug Martin or CJ Spiller. The biggest reason people look past Johnson is because you've been burned hoping for a repeat of the 2,500 yard campaign of 2009.

Frank Gore - What does a top 12 finish amongst running backs two years in a row give you? A 4th round steal. Being able to get Gore that late could be a great way to get a solid RB1 and WR1 with the 1st two picks if you're at the corner of a 12 or 14 team league and not place yourself at a severe disadvantage with your RB2. Yes, Frank is now 30 years old, but behind an offensive line that averaged 4.7 yds per carry by it's RB's Frank has a nice wall of big uglies to get him the tough yards. 66% of San Francisco runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, achieved a 1st down or touchdown last season. When they needed a tough yard, they got it. And that meant a lot less wear and tear on the running backs.
I went WR/WR in my main work league and got Gore and David Wilson at the 3/4 turn. I couldn't be more ecstatic personally as both could make legitimate cases for being top 10 running backs. As for CJ, unfortunately I only have him in one league because all my draft spots this season were at the 10/12 turn. The league I got him in he did slip all the way to 30 though so even there I shouldn't have had him, but I'll take the yards he can give me any day

I don't have Helu in any leagues but I tend to agree with FBN.

ALF might be the only running back drafted in the 1st or 2nd round with a backup possibly as talented, or more, than him.

I handcuffed Helu to Morris... But with all due respect, I haven't the faintest clue what you are talking about. Helu has shown nothing to indicate he is the more talented back (in the NFL), while Morris absolutely has.

I just want to temper any expectations to Helu owners expecting anything out of him... It will take a Morris injury for Helu to have any value.

I handcuffed Helu to Morris... But with all due respect, I haven't the faintest clue what you are talking about. Helu has shown nothing to indicate he is the more talented back (in the NFL), while Morris absolutely has.

I just want to temper any expectations to Helu owners expecting anything out of him... It will take a Morris injury for Helu to have any value.

You should watch more football, it tends to give clues.

• Like 1

Keeper leagues should be aware Tate is a free agent next year. Question is does he get franchised?.

good poast now shush.

shhhhhhhhhhhhusssh.

Count me in on the Joique Bell bandwagon. Drafted him in the 10th round in three leagues.

Reggie Bush stayed relatively healthy on grass in Miami, but missed a lot of games playing on turf in Nawlins. He's back on turf in Motown, and he may revert back to being banged up again. If Bush misses extensive playing time, Bell will put up Top 15 numbers for the Motor City Kitties.

i do not see this happening.

Got Garcon again. Banking on him big time.

a supermodel made me a cake today. we pretended it was my birthday again.

im like three hundred and three at this point.

You should watch more football, it tends to give clues.

I have. Real regular season football that is. I guess you didn't see Helu run the ball 150 times in his rookie season or see any of Morris' games last year when he was among the leaders in all rushing categories (2nd in rush yards, 2nd in TD's, third in broken tackles and yards after contact and 5th in ypc). You guys act like Helu is a rookie who has never played in the NFL.

Maybe then you'd get the clues.