Sign in to follow this  
Urosh

Personal Projections

I'm very impressed so far with the Draft Buddy, but am wondering how to add some personal projection changes.

I don't have a full list of projections for every player. I just have a short list of changes I'd like to make.

Two examples:

1. How could I mark all Dallas Cowboy players so that I don't draft them at all?

2. How could I push back all QBs 6-12 spots on my list so that I don't reach for a position that we always have available?

Need to get everything buttoned up by Saturday, and I'd love to avoid using printed sheets this year.

Hi Urosh. There are a few ways you can make adjustments that will ultimately impact the cheatsheet rankings.

One way is to edit the projections on the position tabs. The first yellow section of projections are the ones imported from FF Today. If you want to change those, what I might suggest is to copy all of those projections and paste them over into the Site B section. Then make individual player changes that you like. The advantage of this is if you update projections from us, it won't wipe out your changes.

Once the projections are in Site B, then you need to change the default allocation key so it points to Site B instead of A (FF Today). You do that on the options tab, scroll down a bit and you'll see it is set to 100% FF Today. Switch to 100% Site B.

Now, in terms of changing a group of players dramatically like the Cowboys, I might suggest changing the allocation key on a per player basis, maybe down to 50% or 0%. On the position tabs, there are two "+" signs across the top. Clicking those opens up some hidden columns, and one of those hidden columns is one where you can set the allocation key by player by just typing in the key number. Maybe run down the players and change the Cowboys to push them down or off the cheatsheets.

QB I would approach by decreasing the value of the position overall, without editing the projections. Go to the options tab, and see the custom baselines box. If you adjust the yellow boxes below 1.0, it decreases the importance of the position relative to the rest. Maybe go 0.8. Keep playing around with it until you fine tune those QBs where you like.

After making these changes you need to hit Compile Cheatsheets to see the impact on the cheatsheets.

That helped a lot, but I had to fudge some things to make my roster appear more stable.

For example, our league has only 9 mandatory roster spots (and a max of 3 Defenses) and as long as you have those spots, you can technically fill the rest of your roster with Kickers if you want. But on the "1. rules" tab, leaving 0 backups skewed the results dramatically, and gave me a very short overall draft sheet. I noticed when I put in a backup QB, it dropped down all the QBs in my draft sheet right about where I wanted them. That allowed me to keep the Baseline adjustments on the Options tab more or less normal.

As for my Cowboys player question, I was really looking forward to a formatting option. I want to know that Dez Bryant, for example, is still out there, but having him show up like Dez Bryant on my list would make him stand out as a reminder to skip him. This would also be helpful if I wanted to make him look like Dez Bryant in case he was a player I was willing to take early.

But you've helped a great deal, especially with the tip about Player Projections. Thanks!

Problem with the formatting is that it generally doesn't stick with the player, so if you update projections and the rankings change, then the formatting goes to different players than intended. You might be able to do some sort of conditional format on the team (DAL). If team = DAL, then do "this". I usually highlight players that I want higher or lower or not at all after I've compiled cheatsheets for the last time before my draft.