Sign in to follow this  
JBSteinle

TE value

Our draft is tonight and trying to to last minute studying. In my league we start 3 WR/TE's instead of a TE spot. Does that change the value of the tight ends at all? Should I target the top TE's Graham, Gonzo,or Gronk as a WR/TE #1 or #2? How early should look to take them compared to the WR's?

Yes. It devalues TE's.

B/c someone that is rolling Gronk-Graham can easily be matched by someone rolling Garcon-Colston or something.

The whole value of Gronk-Graham is that they essentially put up WR 1 numbers at the TE position.

So when you are comparing those guys to the Brandon Myers of the world...the team starting Gronk-Graham has a nice weekly advantage.

In this league someone could not draft a TE at all and just roll high end WRs that are likely to produce similarly.

In the end Graham is prob around WR 6-12 and later for Gronk depending upon risk. Def after all the big guys. It's simply based on the expected points you think they will score and there is no positional advantage built in.

Tony Gonzalez went in the third round of my keeper league draft. It's not a ppr and we are not required to start a TE. Big mistake imo.

Our draft is tonight and trying to to last minute studying. In my league we start 3 WR/TE's instead of a TE spot. Does that change the value of the tight ends at all? Should I target the top TE's Graham, Gonzo,or Gronk as a WR/TE #1 or #2? How early should look to take them compared to the WR's?

will is it a ppr league . if so graham in the drafts i have done .he is going third round .all the rest 6th or later