Sign in to follow this  
RZKYBZNZ

Help with Draft Buddy

I am sure this has been covered 100 times and I am sorry for the question. But, I need help. I am in a 12 team keeper league. Each owner is given the OPTION if they would like to keep one player from their roster from last year. If they keep a player, that player is now placed on their roster (IT DOES NOT TAKE ANY EFFECT ON THE DRAFT ORDER). The remaining owners pick one player from the remaining players available. These players are now on each of the owners rosters. The draft then begins. There are 15 rounds remaining and it is a serpentine format. How can I make the keepers the owners first round pick and then begin the "true-draft" at round two? Thanks for your help.

Hi rzkybznz. I think the easiest thing to do there is simply set up Draft Buddy for a 16 round draft. Put the kept players directly on the draft report tab in the first round where, essentially, people are giving up their first round pick to keep that player. Then fill in the rest of the players other owners select in that round, and start round 2, and you're off to the races. If you want to put a player directly in the draft report tab, select the position first, and then the player using the available drop-downs when you click on the yellow highlighted cells.

Okay, just for simplicity, allow me to say this. Lets say I am in a 4 team league. The names are A, B, C, D. If I follow what you are saying, in the following round picks would go as follows: D, C, B, A, A, B, C, D, D, C.... and so fort. I would like following rounds to go like this A, B, C, D, D, C, B, A, B, C....

I hope that is clear. Thank you.

Put the draft order on the owners tab in reverse order: D, C, B, A. Then Round 2 will be A, B, C, D as you'd like.