Sign in to follow this  
randyhana26

Moreno is garbage

Moreno isn't the best runner I can agree with that. However he can run somewhat ok and is their best pass pro RB. Until ball can protect Peyton better he won't play that often. I feel sorry for all the people who drafted ball in the early to mid rounds

What are you talking about? Manning isn't getting killed and their offense is moving along fine. I don't see how they replace Moreno. He is getting positive yards when Balt isn't in the backfield already and he is solid catching the ball. He isn't losing his job any time soon.

I cant wait till Montee becomes a regular.

Says a clearly unbiased Ball owner.

What are you talking about? Manning isn't getting killed and their offense is moving along fine. I don't see how they replace Moreno. He is getting positive yards when Balt isn't in the backfield already and he is solid catching the ball. He isn't losing his job any time soon.

z

This right here. I had been saying this all preseason that Moreno should be the starter. Ball can't block. Hillman isn't that good at it either and has MAJOR fumbling issues

Moreno isn't the best runner I can agree with that. However he can run somewhat ok and is their best pass pro RB. Until ball can protect Peyton better he won't play that often. I feel sorry for all the people who drafted ball in the early to mid rounds

I've only seen Moreno try to block once, just now, and Peyton got sacked on the play.

Every other play I've seen Moreno has been a play fake so he doesn't block anyway.

I've only seen Moreno try to block once, just now, and Peyton got sacked on the play.

Every other play I've seen Moreno has been a play fake so he doesn't block anyway.

And that sack wasn't morenos fault but the o line

No says a football fan who likes to see the better athlete play football. Thats all.

The better athlete who isn't as good at pass blocking? :rolleyes:

Pass Blocking will come soon enough. I consider that more of a mental/repitition thing.

Not always. True he will get better naturally but still it's not something that happens over night. Next year I think ball will be a lot better but this year I think Denver will play it safe and ease him in some. I don't see him starting until he can at least block as good as Moreno

Pass Blocking will come soon enough. I consider that more of a mental/repitition thing.

Hard to get repetitions when you're not on the field. Practice ain't the same.

Moreno will be the lead back in their base offense. Ball will be the primary backup and the clock killer when the Broncos have leads. Not sure what role Hillman has, if any (judging by his invisibility in the first half, the Broncos aren't sure either).

Moreno might be a 3 down back, but all he is good for is blocking. Unless you get fantasy points for blocking... he is not fantasy relevant yet.

Well they have Hillman in now. Moreno is such an awful runner I think they'll just use Hillman now.

Which is worse for Ball because Moreno would be injured by Week 5.

Let's check back AFTER week 3

Til then ball should be on everyone's bench. Moreno wouldn't be a bad play against softer defenses.

Unless one of these backs gets injured in the next few weeks, I see all of them being dropped outright for bye week fillers.

Moreno has value where I drafted him in my PPR league. He put up more points than Decker, who I started in the flex.

Well they have Hillman in now. Moreno is such an awful runner I think they'll just use Hillman now.

Which is worse for Ball because Moreno would be injured by Week 5.

Well look at Moreno's numbers 2nd half of last year and especially games 12-15. Pretty good numbers for his Fantasy owners.

Well look at Moreno's numbers 2nd half of last year and especially games 12-15. Pretty good numbers for his Fantasy owners.

Last year is last year. HTH

Good point. As a previous poster said, Ray Rice sucks too.

i doubt they'll run the ball all that much this year, unless they're absolutely blowing everyone out by halftime. That pass game is too good, too many weapons for the maestro...

Let's face it.

Moreno is the ONLY RELEVANT RB on that team right now. The more gifted player (ball/hillman) doesn't always play....

This offense rest on the arm of their QB and it will roll that way the rest of the season. Protection and offensive assignment are the keys to the RB position right now in denver. The meat of the fantasy points will be from Manning and his recieving corp.

Hillman is a change of pace back at best.

Ball is still a rookie and got a ton to learn before the keys are given to him (Next season or Injury from Moreno). We all saw Manning chewing Ball up on the sideline after taking the ball on the wrong side of the handoff.

If you want to use that logic, then we have to ignore AP's, Martin, Spiller, Rodgers, Brees,Calvin's and every other returning player's numbers is making our selections and decisions for 2013.

Moreno may be the back to own here. I wouldn't trust Peyton and his surgically repaired neck to a rookie, and Hillman isn't as good as either of them. In a PPR league Moreno has at least some value as a bye week fill in. But i'm staying away. Bear in mind that this is John Fox, and he never made up his mind on the RB situation in Carolina either.

I am still stashing Hillman for a few more weeks - or until I need the space - but none of these back are fantasy relevant. Even if Moreno is the starter, he doesn't get that many touches in that offense. They were up by 4 scores at one point last night and they still threw the ball around. The whole DEN back situation is a mess. none will be worth even a flex at this point.