Sign in to follow this  
Uberjamb

Going up against Manning support group.

I'm against the one team that couldn't make this year's draft, and he's got Manning. That's about as demoralizing as it gets in the world of fake football.

Also, is Decker crap this year? Looks like Peyton has a crush on Welker. Maybe I should look elsewhere for my WR2...

It's the first game of the 2013 season. Settle down.

Up against Peyton and D. Thomas this week. 52 points already. Plus I have Prater, his 6 extra points ain't helping.

EDIT: Welp. 73 now...

Final EDIT: 74.3. Ugh.

i have peyton and demariyus thomas on my team...106.5 points...if my opponent manages to win i think i'll buy him a steak dinner.

I'm going up against Manning/DT/ and Prater. Down 95.5-0 but I'm a Bronco fan! Awesome frigging game! I could care less about my fantasy team, Go Broncos!!!!!

Got him in two, going against him in one...c'mon Drew Brees, give me 500 and 5 against the Falcons (I know you can...)

Uv lost.

Yea I'm just hoping Rodgers can give me nice stay line... Too bad decker took a dump in my wr slot :( manning and demerius getting 118 in my league

Tough way to start the season.

I started Peyton, Demariyus, and Decker and got 95. I am in a total points league which pays a weekly winner as well as the top yearly. Hopefully this was the only monster game this week and the other studs do average numbers....

Going against Manning, Thomas and the Denver D in a 14 team league. Down by over 100. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Also, is Decker crap this year? Looks like Peyton has a crush on Welker. Maybe I should look elsewhere for my WR2...

There were warnings about this from all the services and FF experts.

I had Manning and D Thomas on 2 teams, went against Peyton in 2, Thomas and Welker 1 each. Not too worried because all are 2 QB leagues and I still have Rodgers, Romo, Ryan and Kaep to go.

I had Decker going. I figured when I saw the headline this morning that Manning threw 7 TD passes that Decker would have at least one of them. I feel like I was the only guy who didn't get to bang the class slut at the big party.

I feel like I was the only guy who didn't get to bang the class slut at the big party.

Reason #384 why this is my favorite fantasy football message board.

• Like 1

Have 4 teams...went against Peyton in 3 of them.

Went against he and D. Thomas in one of them.

Thankfully had Thomas in one of them.

There were warnings about this from all the services and FF experts.

Yep. A lot of sites though were saying Decker would be a "value pick". I avoided him in all my leagues. I did, however, draft Peyton as he was my #1 ranked QB. Funny thing though is I drafted him in my fantasy leagues, but played in one of those weekly leagues on Fanduel/Draftstreet and decided I would take a cheaper qb (salary cap rules) and go with more expensive RB's. Well that paid off just great as the guy I'm playing this week for $50 had Peyton Manning and his freaking TE going. Out of the nine man roster, we have 4 of the same players. I need my 3 WR's to outscore his 3 WR's by an average of about 20 points per game. Yeah, I'm not kidding myself. I focking lost.

This was so bad, thank god I didnt face him. But it reminds me of last year when I went into SNF against Rodgers and only needed to dodge "One of the best days for a qb ever" To roll to victory. He proceeded to have his monster 6td or whatever best game ever and I lost a close game. Cant stand when that happens. Worse still I remember a guy years ago who needed only to dodge some bum like Galloway for 36 pnts and he had that monster 200yd 3td gm for the buccs and lost. I think it was Galloway, someone may remember better.

I've come up with a new fantasy football element. Every regular season you get 1 "nullifier" option. Essentially one time per year you get to sacrifice the top scorer at one position to remove the opponent's top scorer at that same position. You don't get it in playoff games and can only do it once.

So obviously most people would use that option on Peyton Manning this week. Last year you may have used it against Doug Martin. It can only be used once all year long and it would remove some variance, Peyton just had an outlier week, as did Doug Martin last year, DeAngelo Williams some years before that and Ronnie Brown a few years back.

Since it has to be a top scorer you couldn't use your WR3 to take out their WR1. Since you lose the points yourself if the rest of your team isn't good you'd still lose, so you would only do it if it gave you a win. But then you have to take into account that if you do it, your opponent can do it too and you could still lose, and then total points might come into play for you both. So it adds an entire metagame.

No I don't actually expect anyone to try this. And no I didn't even have to go against Peyton. But he dominated so badly I feel your guy's pain.

I remember our league's Vick owner having something like a 55 point deficit going into his huge Monday night game a couple years ago. I felt really bad for the opponent.

Peyton will be good this year. But don't count on those 47 points game every week. That's like counting on Doug Martin for 50 point games every week cause he had one last year. He will be good but temper your expectations

Went against Manning & Welker in 1 league, DT in another.

Vs Manning/Welker: Believe it or not, I still think I have a chance. The rest of his starters are a little weak (except Megatron). He didn't take a RB until the 3rd round so he's soft there. His WRs & Manning will have to carry his team all year. As long as Murray & Redman (Megatron too) don't go crazy I still have a shot because I have a more balanced team overall (TRich/Ridley/Romo/Marshall, etc...)

Vs DT: I'm in trouble. He's got a pretty good team that's well balanced & loaded with firepower. Not feeling good here.

Went against Manning & Welker in 1 league, DT in another.

Vs Manning/Welker: Believe it or not, I still think I have a chance. The rest of his starters are a little weak (except Megatron). He didn't take a RB until the 3rd round so he's soft there. His WRs & Manning will have to carry his team all year. As long as Murray & Redman (Megatron too) don't go crazy I still have a shot because I have a more balanced team overall (TRich/Ridley/Romo/Marshall, etc...)

Vs DT: I'm in trouble. He's got a pretty good team that's well balanced & loaded with firepower. Not feeling good here.

lol you lost dude. Murray is an RB1 until he gets injured. Redman is a decent RB2 right now since he's the starter. And Megatron? Who are you going to match up with at WR that beats out Megatron? Remember you can't just match up, you have to outscore at the other positions by enough to make up for Peyton and Welker.

Also...I didn't watch the game but based on the score and 7tds I was expecting to see a blowout. Just based on the highlights it looked like Baltimore was right there with them in the early 3rd...only to suffer a colossal meltdown.

Im playing vs Manning in two separate leagues :shocking: Luckily they are both CBS leagues where we play 2 games a week so hopefully i can get a split.