Sign in to follow this  
josh wiley

roddy white

was listening to stephania bell on the fantasy focus podcast on friday and she was talking about how there is no concern whatsoever on the health of roddy white. she said he had been sitting out the last few preseason games for precautionary reasons. didn't get to see the game, but i see that he tallied two catches. now i'm reading that he had a high ankle sprain. do i just bench him now until he proves it in a game? what is the strategy that other owners are going to use? did the rest of you owners start him also? couple things i'm taking away. harry douglas might be worth a look for a bench spot and i'm not going to assume that what "medical expert" stepania bell says is correct.

Hes a wr, it happens. The bad part is roddy has his 8 year streak of starting to protect so he will lobby to start the game even if hes injured but no one will tell us that.

I benched him for Deshaun but it won't matter because the rest of my team sucked. I will probabaly keep him benched till he proves he can go 100%, however depending on Deshaun's performance I don't have many replacement options.

I'm new around here, but I feel you... I'm in a 14-team league and went for RBs in round 1 and 2, so I ended up with White and Decker. I have Golden Tate on my bench, but I seriously doubt he's going to do any better against SF than he did against the Panthers. Although, he did put up more points with his 4-for-51 outing than Decker and White combined.

What's the typical turn around on these injuries? Usually they linger a while but its already been a month. Is 6 weeks enough time? I was optimistic with news that he looked good in warm ups but this post game news doesn't sound good.

What's the typical turn around on these injuries? Usually they linger a while but its already been a month. Is 6 weeks enough time? I was optimistic with news that he looked good in warm ups but this post game news doesn't sound good.

Id sya hes good to go next week. They wouldnt have played him if his foot was that gimpy and he wasnt hobbling down the field or anything. So with another week he should be fine id say.

Is Julio elevated at this point? Would you trade Fitzgerald for Julio?

Absolutely not, Fitz is steady as he can be and while he lacks the upside of Julio by just a hair, hes a monster still. Julio may still pull dissapearing acts from time to time and Roddy isnt really as hurt as they may let on.

Absolutely not, Fitz is steady as he can be and while he lacks the upside of Julio by just a hair, hes a monster still. Julio may still pull dissapearing acts from time to time and Roddy isnt really as hurt as they may let on.

may i ask why you say that?

lol like some kinda super double reverse psychological play...first tell them you aren't that hurt when you are then tell them you are hurt then come out like nothing was wrong. love the nfl....can only hope this is the case.