Sign in to follow this  
tbone138

Is J. Bell worth my #1 ww priority?

he stole one TD from reggie and he almost fumbled on another one. the catches are real though. also, bush is injury prone and already banged up.

Wondering the same thing. I have Reggie Bush in one league and was thinking of picking him up in both leagues.

Loins homer here - he's the clear cut #2 RB now. Leshoure is technically #4 behind rookie Theo Riddick because of Riddick's return ability.

Bell is a bigger body than Reggie so I anticipate he will get a majority of the goal line carries. He had a few good runs when Reggie came out with his thumb and groin issues. He has a similar skill set to Bush so they don't really change the play calling when he's in the game. Expect Bush-light numbers if he has to fill in full time because of injury.

Also, the lions o-line was a big question mark going into the season with 3 new starters, but they were opening huge running lanes all game against MIN. I'm interested to see how they do against the cardinals front 7.

He's definitely worth a pick up in my opinion.

i agree with Montana. If you own Reggie Bush who has a history of injury on turf, you must take Joique Bell. worth taking on his own merits as a flex. .

Loins homer here - he's the clear cut #2 RB now. Leshoure is technically #4 behind rookie Theo Riddick because of Riddick's return ability.

Bell is a bigger body than Reggie so I anticipate he will get a majority of the goal line carries. He had a few good runs when Reggie came out with his thumb and groin issues. He has a similar skill set to Bush so they don't really change the play calling when he's in the game. Expect Bush-light numbers if he has to fill in full time because of injury.

Also, the lions o-line was a big question mark going into the season with 3 new starters, but they were opening huge running lanes all game against MIN. I'm interested to see how they do against the cardinals front 7.

He's definitely worth a pick up in my opinion.

Agree.

I'm not a Bush owner and will be targeting him as a stash. Dude looked good last year and fits well in their offense. He'd be a top 20 back if/when Bush gets hurt.

I don't have Bush, but i do have David Wilson. I need something better than the scraps I have for RB2 in case Wilson sits again.

But ... don't think I'll use my #1 WW priority just yet. Somebody big will go down sooner or later.

I nabbed Bell last week off WW after another team dropped him. I don't know what more you guys could ask for from a WW pickup. Dude gets action even with Bush playing, even if you discount the two short TD's, he still went 5 for 67 and 25yds rushing. Better than a lot of RB1's did week 1. Plus, Bush getting injured is pretty damn likely (he's already banged up after 1 game).

I've been saying that he should be the starter since early last year. I have no idea how they justified LeShoure playing in front of him.

If Bush were to get hurt, I think Bell would more than fill his shoes. The only issue is his fumbling problems which he showed last year as well.

Bells a quiet stud even in a backup role he seems to always get 10 pnts! Hes a high end backup that can start if your desperate and just need a live body that has a shot at a TD.

I picked Bell off waivers early last year to back up Leshoure. I think I may have even started Bell a few times hoping for 10 carries from him rather than 20 for Leshoure. I kept him this year which made Reggie Bush a most sensible FA acquisition in our auction. He went cheap because you have to cuff him with Bell.

Think he is without a doubt worthy of a WW pickup especially in PPR leagues. I will be using my first pick on him with Vereen going down for a few weeks. Dropping Woodhead.

Anyone see the game? Is he going to produce every game or does he look like a hit or miss type of player?

or you could have watched football in 2012.

not avail as he was drafted somewhere between rounds 9 -11 in all my leagues.

as obviously he should have been.

I drafted him in every league. If Bush misses time he's a must start RB2 or Flex. If Bush doesn't, he's a great bye week or injury fill in on your roster.

You already basically said this in a different thread. He was only owned in 66% of espn leagues before this week so saying that he should have been drafted in rounds 9-11 in all leagues is laughable. At best he was a handcuff/late round flier.

My Joque Bell viewing is not up to snuff because I'm not a loser. If you are a teenager or younger, I'm kidding. You're not a loser, just a douche. And that can change. It will require effort though.

So would you guys take Belll over J.Thomas / is he that good a pick?

Fyi finley is my te

Fyi finley is my te

No. I'd rather have Julius Thomas. I like J. Bell though.

Fyi finley is my te

I'm still trying to figure this out myself, in a PPR league (I am first in the waiver order), I have TE's Cameron/Sudfeld and RB's Sproles/McFadden/Wilson/Vereen.

I was originally thinking take J. Thomas and drop Sudfeld, but now I may drop Vereen and take J. Bell.

my team is in my sig, how much of my 100$ FAAB do you guys think i should spend on him?

I too have just put a bid in on him. We have $500 in this particular league. I'm putting $125 bid - thinking about more after this post. 1/4 of my yearly money for a huge upside. Definitely worth the gamble to make sure he's on my roster instead of my opponents. I'm a running back ff type of guy. He's already producing, and no reason why he won't continue to get his touches. What if Bush doesn't make the whole season? You've struck it rich. There are a couple other of guys in this RBBC that I too would like to own. Ben Tate, Fred Jackson, Kendall Hunter. I bet none of those guys are available though. Grab Bell if you can. I had this guy last year as well. He snuck in 9 out of 17 weeks, double digit point totals, in my ppr league last year. :doublethumbsup:

I nabbed Bell last week off WW after another team dropped him. I don't know what more you guys could ask for from a WW pickup. Dude gets action even with Bush playing, even if you discount the two short TD's, he still went 5 for 67 and 25yds rushing. Better than a lot of RB1's did week 1. Plus, Bush getting injured is pretty damn likely (he's already banged up after 1 game).

What more could we ask you say?? How about saving your top waiver priority for someone who actually starts? I don't care how good you are, if you are only getting 10-15 touches a game, you are a gamble. DON'T DO IT.

What more could we ask you say?? How about saving your top waiver priority for someone who actually starts? I don't care how good you are, if you are only getting 10-15 touches a game, you are a gamble. DON'T DO IT.

Tend to agree with this. I don't understand all the Joique Bell love. Obviously if Bush gets hurt, he's a starting fantasy RB. But you could say that about a lot of backup RB's. Bell COULD be a flex play in 12 team or more leagues on his own with 10-12 touches per game, but he is very risky in my opinion and will likely be inconsistent. I would have Edelman and J.Thomas ranked ahead of him in terms of waiver wire pickups this week UNLESS you are really thin at RB.

What is he worth in a trade? I just don't think Bush will make it the full year, and he will be a studly RB when he gets his full workload. I'd really like to own the guy, but he isn't going to start over my Charles, Spiller, or Sproles. If I trade for him, then I expect him to be valued about at a flex player, because thats roughly his current value.

For those of you that own him...what would it take to get him from you? WR value would be best in this situation.

Well, I add a second category : long term injuries, which fits the Vereeen case . Can't have dead wood on your bench .

I was offered Brandon Marshall straight up for Bell. My only startable RBs are Sproles and Bush (Mendenhall, Stepfan Taylor, and Bell are the rest of my RBs). As crazy as it is.....I cannot take that trade. If Bush goes down, I NEED to have Bell.

He is a must pick up, totally worth using a waiver priority on for sure... I waited last year when Alfred Morris tore up thought it was a fluke, don't make the mistake, especially with RBs..

I was offered Brandon Marshall straight up for Bell. My only startable RBs are Sproles and Bush (Mendenhall, Stepfan Taylor, and Bell are the rest of my RBs). As crazy as it is.....I cannot take that trade. If Bush goes down, I NEED to have Bell.

are you a F'n moron...you accept that trade!!!!!!!!!!!!! A backup RB for a top 3 WR???

I understand your qualm with shaky running backs after your two starters, but Brandon Marshall?!?! I would've broken mouse on my computer clicking the accept button if that trade was offered to me.

How stacked are you at wide receiver that you turned it down?

I understand your qualm with shaky running backs after your two starters, but Brandon Marshall?!?! I would've broken mouse on my computer clicking the accept button if that trade was offered to me.

How stacked are you at wide receiver that you turned it down?

Not very stacked.....Julio, Roddy, Cameron, Rudolph, & Eifert. (no mandatory TE and I'm picking up a WW WR this week)

Reggie WILL miss games. When he does I know I'll need Bell. PLUS, it's PPR so Bell is basically a lock for 10-12 a week, and TDs are just bonus. We play 2 RB & 4 WR/TE or 3 RB & 3 WR/TE. His RBs are CJ0K, Ivory, Redman, and Ingram. So he is in bad need of a RB. I offered Mendy & Cameron for BMarsh, but he said he'd do Bell for BMarsh. I then offered Mendy & Eifert/Rudolph for Ingram & Gronkowski. I'm hoping to not have to deal Bell to him......but for Marshall I may have to.

Not very stacked.....Julio, Roddy, Cameron, Rudolph, & Eifert. (no mandatory TE and I'm picking up a WW WR this week)

Reggie WILL miss games. When he does I know I'll need Bell. PLUS, it's PPR so Bell is basically a lock for 10-12 a week, and TDs are just bonus. We play 2 RB & 4 WR/TE or 3 RB & 3 WR/TE. His RBs are CJ0K, Ivory, Redman, and Ingram. So he is in bad need of a RB. I offered Mendy & Cameron for BMarsh, but he said he'd do Bell for BMarsh. I then offered Mendy & Eifert/Rudolph for Ingram & Gronkowski. I'm hoping to not have to deal Bell to him......but for Marshall I may have to.

As others have said, you should deal Bell for Marshall and not think twice. I always will improve my starting lineup at the expense of depth. You may need that depth later but I'd rather be aggressive than play scared. Marshall is worth A LOT more than Joique Bell. Honestly, I'm not in favor of vetoes, but that one is going to raise some eyebrows in your league.

As others have said, you should deal Bell for Marshall and not think twice. I always will improve my starting lineup at the expense of depth. You may need that depth later but I'd rather be aggressive than play scared. Marshall is worth A LOT more than Joique Bell. Honestly, I'm not in favor of vetoes, but that one is going to raise some eyebrows in your league.

True.....BUT he offered it to me!

True.....BUT he offered it to me!

I'm not saying it should be vetoed. I don't think any trades should be unless it's obvious collusion. But that one will probably get at least a few people in your league to wonder what the heck he is doing.

I'm not saying it should be vetoed. I don't think any trades should be unless it's obvious collusion. But that one will probably get at least a few people in your league to wonder what the heck he is doing.

I get at least one of those a year. lol It usually involves what looks like a lopsided trade that ends up being even..... but you know how jealous folks will cry.