Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

WK 2 Waiver Analysis

QB-

1) T. Pryor- posted some solid rushing numbers, but Indy's D is pretty bad, he will likely post good rushing no's, but lets face it outside of 16+team leagues, and 2QB leagues, hes not a fantasy starter.

advice: add in 2QB, pass in 12 teamers

2) S. Bradford- post hype big season inc, solid no 2 QB, I see 4000+ and approaching 30 td's, once again 12 teamers are better served rolling with 1 QB, and grabbing a guy off the waivers for your bye week.

advice: add in 2QB

3) P. Rivers, C. Palmer- I sense a theme, QB is an easy position to fill this year, all these guys could have great numbers, but since not 1 top 13 QB the bed, see no reason to burn a waiver priority on any of them

RB- There really is garbage out there

1) D. Scott- NYG looking to bring in a VET prior to Sundays Wilson meltdown. Wilson will still get majority of work, til he fumbles again.

advice: add as free agent, dont burn your priority

2) L. Washington- will be the pass catching RB while Vareen is out, could have some value but I dont see it this week against the Jets, Pats shouldnt be passing all that much

advice: add if you really are desperate in a PPR

3) I. Pead- back from suspension, Richardson looked good though, and fits well in that offense

advice: add if you are worried about Richardson not being able to last the full season

4) J.Bell- He was drafted in all my leagues, but if hes out there hes the no 1 add, not only was he on the field a ton, hes a great pass catcher and GL back.

advice: what are you waiting for???? Must have, Flex RB in PPR and standard at least

5) J.Dwyer- If you are desperate, but Pitt Oline is terrible

advice: wait

WR-

1) J. Edelman- for this week, he is a must add, Amedola is likely out, Vareen out, its down to Edelman and Thompkins, Julian has Brady's trust, and remember its not just from lack of options, he actually started over Welker last year

advice: must add, must start this week, especially PPR on short week

2) R. Randle- nice numbers, but lets not be fooled, unless Cruz or Nicks go down, hes not a fantasy starter, there is no way all 3 NYG WR's get 100+ again this year.

advice: add if you have a deep bench as a potential handcuff, he could be huge if one of them goes down

3) L. Hankerson- posted a great opening week line, but hes not a starter even right now, and most of his work was late in garbage time, something I dont expect the Redskins to be doing often

advice: pass for now unless really deep bench, becomes a great plug and play if Garcon goes down

4) E. Royal- posted a 2 td week, and led the Chargers in targets, suprisingly was used in the redzone a lot.

advice: worth an add in 12+ ppr, as the Chargers are likely to be trailing alot this year.

5) A. Roberts- if he wasnt drafted in your 12 team pprs, pencil him in right behind Edelman.

advice: add in all PPR

6) M. Brown- could post some solid numbers, seemed to be solid in preseason as well, but dont have high expectations, the Ravens wont get blown out like that

advice: wait and see, there is better WR's available right now

7) B. Hartline- actually available in 1 of my 12 team leagues, seems to have much better chemistry with Tannehill then Wallace, we have seen in past hes capable of huge games

advice: add if available ahead of Edelman

TE's- wow the TE's started off great

1) J. Thomas- obviously the no 1 WW te add, but dont be disappointed if that is his best game of the year, hes still likely 3/4 th in the pecking order for targets

advice: add as back end TE1

2) K. Winslow- wow turn back the clock, but he has the trust of Geno, and is the Jets best receiving option

advice: add if you were duped into Z Sudfeld

3) D. Clark- see above, could move into that no 2 target role in Balt, did have a few drops but posted some decent numbers

advice: add if desperate matchup play

4) Cameron and Cook- what kind of league are you in if they are available????

• Like 2

Baldwin in Seattle is worht a looks too.

yah he could be, I dont think I would have him above any of the guys I listed though

I also didnt list Jerome Simpson, cause I have been down that road before, but someone might want to take a chance on him

...a league that combines TEs with WRs.

yah he could be, I dont think I would have him above any of the guys I listed though

I also didnt list Jerome Simpson, cause I have been down that road before, but someone might want to take a chance on him

While I totally agree.

That play a yr or 2 ago when he flipped over a defender to barely get touched while landing on his feet for a TD will always stay in mind. I will never add him from waivers though

3) L. Hankerson- posted a great opening week line, but hes not a starter even right now, and most of his work was late in garbage time, something I dont expect the Redskins to be doing often

advice: pass for now unless really deep bench, becomes a great plug and play if Garcon goes down

Keep hearing he isn't a starter. How is is that he got 7 targets for 5 catches and 2 TDs, then? Did all this happen while Garcon and Moss were taking breathers?

Keep hearing he isn't a starter. How is is that he got 7 targets for 5 catches and 2 TDs, then? Did all this happen while Garcon and Moss were taking breathers?

They have this newfangled thing in the NFL called multiple-receiver sets. Crazy, isn't it? :dunno:

They have this newfangled thing in the NFL called multiple-receiver sets. Crazy, isn't it? :dunno:

Okay so by that definition Wes Welker has never been a starter. Just a slot dude/back-up.

Okay so by that definition Wes Welker has never been a starter. Just a slot dude/back-up.

When I go look at the box scores it says Welker has started nearly every game the last five years :dunno:

I read someplace that Josh Morgan is the "starter" based more on his blocking in the run game. If Alfred Morris has it working, Morgan gets the snaps playing Hines Ward Jr. In obvious passing downs, or in come back mode, Hankerson is the better pass catcher, and he gets the snaps.

QB-

1) T. Pryor- posted some solid rushing numbers, but Indy's D is pretty bad, he will likely post good rushing no's, but lets face it outside of 16+team leagues, and 2QB leagues, hes not a fantasy starter.

2) S. Bradford- post hype big season inc, solid no 2 QB, I see 4000+ and approaching 30 td's, once again 12 teamers are better served rolling with 1 QB, and grabbing a guy off the waivers for your bye week.

3) P. Rivers, C. Palmer- I sense a theme, QB is an easy position to fill this year, all these guys could have great numbers, but since not 1 top 13 QB ###### the bed, see no reason to burn a waiver priority on any of them

1) D. Scott- NYG looking to bring in a VET prior to Sundays Wilson meltdown. Wilson will still get majority of work, til he fumbles again.

2) L. Washington- will be the pass catching RB while Vareen is out, could have some value but I dont see it this week against the Jets, Pats shouldnt be passing all that much

3) I. Pead- back from suspension, Richardson looked good though, and fits well in that offense

advice: add if you are worried about Richardson not being able to last the full season

4) J.Bell- He was drafted in all my leagues, but if hes out there hes the no 1 add, not only was he on the field a ton, hes a great pass catcher and GL back.

advice: what are you waiting for???? Must have, Flex RB in PPR and standard at least

WR-

1) J. Edelman- for this week, he is a must add, Amedola is likely out, Vareen out, its down to Edelman and Thompkins, Julian has Brady's trust, and remember its not just from lack of options, he actually started over Welker last year

2) R. Randle- nice numbers, but lets not be fooled, unless Cruz or Nicks go down, hes not a fantasy starter, there is no way all 3 NYG WR's get 100+ again this year.

advice: add if you have a deep bench as a potential handcuff, he could be huge if one of them goes down

4) E. Royal- posted a 2 td week, and led the Chargers in targets, suprisingly was used in the redzone a lot.

advice: worth an add in 12+ ppr, as the Chargers are likely to be trailing alot this year.

5) A. Roberts- if he wasnt drafted in your 12 team pprs, pencil him in right behind Edelman.

6) M. Brown- could post some solid numbers, seemed to be solid in preseason as well, but dont have high expectations, the Ravens wont get blown out like that

7) B. Hartline- actually available in 1 of my 12 team leagues, seems to have much better chemistry with Tannehill then Wallace, we have seen in past hes capable of huge games

1) J. Thomas- obviously the no 1 WW te add, but dont be disappointed if that is his best game of the year, hes still likely 3/4 th in the pecking order for targets

2) K. Winslow- wow turn back the clock, but he has the trust of Geno, and is the Jets best receiving option

3) D. Clark- see above, could move into that no 2 target role in Balt, did have a few drops but posted some decent numbers

really good writeup.

i agree with most all of it.

good perspective on the lay.

I read someplace that Josh Morgan is the "starter" based more on his blocking in the run game. If Alfred Morris has it working, Morgan gets the snaps playing Hines Ward Jr. In obvious passing downs, or in come back mode, Hankerson is the better pass catcher, and he gets the snaps.

this exactly

Garcon and Morgan are starters, Moss is in the slot, and Hankerson replaces Morgan in obvious passing situations

QB-

3) P. Rivers, C. Palmer- I sense a theme, QB is an easy position to fill this year, all these guys could have great numbers, but since not 1 top 13 QB ###### the bed, see no reason to burn a waiver priority on any of them

WR-

Strongly disagree in a couple of cases.

Carson Palmer is a not a low tier down there with Rivers QB. Most of last year he was a Top 12 QB. He threw for 327 yards and 2TDs yesterday on the road against a team with a fierce pass rush, a pretty good overall D and none of it was garbage time yardage. He has Fitz to throw to, no running game and is likely to be in many shootouts just like last year. To me he is a SOLID #2 QB and maybe one of the best bets out there as insurance now in case your #1 gets hurt. This past week, he was my starter over Cam Newton based on the match ups and the potential for shoot out vs non shootout. Look at the stats and see how that turned out.

Randle to me is a viable Fantasy Starter in some weeks as a flex ( schedule has Philly and Wash twice, Oakland and GB, all weak pass D's) and certainly as a WR2 during byes regardless of whether the others get hurt. There are enough balls to go around in NY and we saw that this weekend.

Hope you are right about Edelman. Its a whole different ball game when you have to get open as the #1 man versus having Amendola out there to take the defense's attention.

Strongly disagree in a couple of cases.

Carson Palmer is a not a low tier down there with Rivers QB. Most of last year he was a Top 12 QB. He threw for 327 yards and 2TDs yesterday on the road against a team with a fierce pass rush, a pretty good overall D and none of it was garbage time yardage. He has Fitz to throw to, no running game and is likely to be in many shootouts just like last year. To me he is a SOLID #2 QB and maybe one of the best bets out there as insurance now in case your #1 gets hurt. This past week, he was my starter over Cam Newton based on the match ups and the potential for shoot out vs non shootout. Look at the stats and see how that turned out.

Randle to me is a viable Fantasy Starter in some weeks as a flex ( schedule has Philly and Wash twice, Oakland and GB, all weak pass D's) and certainly as a WR2 during byes regardless of whether the others get hurt. There are enough balls to go around in NY and we saw that this weekend.

Hope you are right about Edelman. Its a whole different ball game when you have to get open as the #1 man versus having Amendola out there to take the defense's attention.

I think you are taking what am I a saying wrong

First off, I never carry 2 QB's unless I owned Vick or RG3 this year that would be the case.

Palmer doesnt crack the top 12, so hes a waiver QB to me. Hes in the Eli-Palmer-Dalton tier, servicable starters if you need em, but not drafted as your starter, if you like to carry 2 QB's then hes definitely in that 13-16 range on a weekly basis, as Vick/RG3 insurance, or maybe starting over Brady (I know, I know)

Randle will have some big games, but I just cant count on the 3/4 th option as a must add guy.

Bell was on the field for 28 snaps total. Unless they continually get to the 1,2 yard line I'm not sure about this. I do agree he has value in PPR but not hoping for a repeat of that game again.

Trying to decide if Edelman is worth wasting my waiver claim. Guy put up nice numbers but Amendola shouldn't be out long and feel as if there will be bigger homerun waiver claims to come.

Trying to decide if Edelman is worth wasting my waiver claim. Guy put up nice numbers but Amendola shouldn't be out long and feel as if there will be bigger homerun waiver claims to come.

I'm in the same boat. Snooze you lose? :dunno:

I'd pass on Edelman. What has the guy ever proven? He's been in the league long enough that if some huge breakout was suddenly going to happen, it would have already.

Hell, the Pats started Edelman over Welker in a few games the beginning of last year, hoping that Julian could take the mantle. It was a stupid move and he didn't come through. Why would things suddenly change now?

Very good work here.

But I mainly play in deeper leagues with blind waiver bidding where you have to be more pre-emptive and speculative to get guys off the waiver wire before they become too expensive.. In most leagues,many of these guys are already rostered. Without divulging my bids, here are some guys I've bid on:

Julian Edelman (2 leagues)
Kellen Winslow
Dallas Clark
Leon Washington/Brandon Bolden (4 leagues)(I put in bids for both of them, dropping the same player. My bid for L Washington was slightly higher than for Bolden, only because i don't expect Bolden to be ready to play this week (and no, I don't expect to have to start L Wash in any leagues this week, but once he has the "Vereen role", he may just keep it indefinitely..
Lance Dunbar (2 leagues)
Marlon Brown
Bobby Rainey
Dallas D (Dropping KC)
Terrelle Pryor

Edelman was already rostered in 4 of my leagues, Dunbar in 3 of them,. Winslow, Pryor, and M Brown were already rostered in at least one of my leagues.

dang dude, thats like seriously quality analysis...... so you like hartline ahead of edleman?

i happen to catch all the dolphins game and was watching NE on and off between breaks and the one glaring thing that stood out in that game to me was brady's trust in edleman... now, maybe he was just making a statement out of it as in "wes who???" and edleman will never catch another ball.... but i really doubt that.... brady always struck me as a no BS type of quarterback and once he establishes you in the circle of trust, you better be ready for a metric arseload of passes coming your way

remember when welker was new to them, it was like they didn't have another receiver dressed out LOL

interesting waiver situation with kellen winslow. this league is 1.5 PPR for TEs with 20 man rosters, so every imaginable tight end other than him is rostered. i'm stuck with pettigrew (because i suck). 2 other guys are in desperate need of tight ends. anyway, due to the fact that winslow seems like a good bet to plug a glaring hole in my roster, and that the rosters are so deep that it's unlikely that there's going to be many huge potential studs coming out that require high bids, im thinking i should throw a ridiculously huge chunk of change at him. any thoughts?

(sorry if this qualifies as asking for "a little help," but i figured it's an interesting look at waiver analysis and is organic to the discussion.)

interesting waiver situation with kellen winslow. this league is 1.5 PPR for TEs with 20 man rosters, so every imaginable tight end other than him is rostered. i'm stuck with pettigrew (because i suck). 2 other guys are in desperate need of tight ends. anyway, due to the fact that winslow seems like a good bet to plug a glaring hole in my roster, and that the rosters are so deep that it's unlikely that there's going to be many huge potential studs coming out that require high bids, im thinking i should throw a ridiculously huge chunk of change at him. any thoughts?

(sorry if this qualifies as asking for "a little help," but i figured it's an interesting look at waiver analysis and is organic to the discussion.)

while I like Winslow, who knows how long he can hold up, Im not sure about bidding though

Quality post RHR :we definitely needs more like this around here :thumbsup:

I agree with most of the things you said about edelman and roberts with their current and long term value.

However, if someone is just looking for a spot start this week, i don't think that you can do any better than eddie royal in leagues 12+

a couple reasons why:

1.The eagles new ferrari offense is a benefit (fantasy wise) to themselves AND the opposing offense as it allows both teams to get more plays in during the game. Couple that with the fact that the eagles will most likely be putting up more points and you have a Chargers team that will need to keep pace. If the eagles go up early, like they did last week, you can bank on rivers airing it out.

2. Bill Davis (eagles D coord.) is dialing up all kinds of blitzes this season. When effective it forces opposing QBs to get rid of the ball early. Enter Eddie Royal, who lives on the shorter/intermediate routes. Did i mention that he led the team in targets last week? I don't see this changing as royal will most likely be going underneath while floyd and brown take the sideline routes. I figure the middle should be open, so either he or gates should have a very solid game. I think that getting royal the ball quickly, and in open space will be a pivotal piece of the chargers' gameplan. I also think that he may go unnnoticed as Mathews, Gates, Floyd, and Brown should draw more attention.

Prediction

Royal 7rec 90 yds 1TD

• Like 1

I agree with most of the things you said about edelman and roberts with their current and long term value.

However, if someone is just looking for a spot start this week, i don't think that you can do any better than eddie royal in leagues 12+

a couple reasons why:

1.The eagles new ferrari offense is a benefit (fantasy wise) to themselves AND the opposing offense as it allows both teams to get more plays in during the game. Couple that with the fact that the eagles will most likely be putting up more points and you have a Chargers team that will need to keep pace. If the eagles go up early, like they did last week, you can bank on rivers airing it out.

2. Bill Davis (eagles D coord.) is dialing up all kinds of blitzes this season. When effective it forces opposing QBs to get rid of the ball early. Enter Eddie Royal, who lives on the shorter/intermediate routes. Did i mention that he led the team in targets last week? I don't see this changing as royal will most likely be going underneath while floyd and brown take the sideline routes. I figure the middle should be open, so either he or gates should have a very solid game. I think that getting royal the ball quickly, and in open space will be a pivotal piece of the chargers' gameplan. I also think that he may go unnnoticed as Mathews, Gates, Floyd, and Brown should draw more attention.

Prediction

Royal 7rec 90 yds 1TD

oh this is great addition, for next week's post I will post what I think for ROS vs following week, I kinda did that in the Edelman/Hartline synopsis, but I will expand on it in the advice section

Nice job Rallo

a couple reasons why:

Prediction

Royal 7rec 90 yds 1TD

Royal was targeted a whopping 6 times and caught 3 passes for 24 yds, not exactly the kind of targets/catches your are making it out to be. Now if he catches 2 TD's every game, now you have something, but I highly doubt it! :) Royal will be a non-factor most of the year, as his career has been, GL if you start him.

$1000 budgets. i ended up getting winslow for $413, and i'm happy about it. dallas clark went for $397! told you the rules of this league had some crazy potential effects on the waiver market haha.

Royal was targeted a whopping 6 times and caught 3 passes for 24 yds, not exactly the kind of targets/catches your are making it out to be. Now if he catches 2 TD's every game, now you have something, but I highly doubt it! :) Royal will be a non-factor most of the year, as his career has been, GL if you start him.

normally i would agree with you, but this is only a spot start based on the fact that they are playing against Philly...

You have to remember that SD took a 21 pt lead very early in the 3rd quarter and hardly passed afterwards... in fact, rivers only attempted 29 passes... 6 targeted to royal

in contrast RGIII attempted 49 passes against the uptempo passing attack of philly...that's almost double! if things work out similarly this week, i don't think that it is unreasonable for royal to improve on his targets.