Sign in to follow this  
track 1

whoever drafted Jimmy Graham is going to get burned

The advantage stems from the fact that he should produce more consistently than others at his position. That being said however there seem to be a lot more potent TEs but we will see how they hold up.

never draft a TE this early

he was going round 2 or 3? lol

way too many good wr and rb to pass up

thats why you make out a cheat sheet and don;t follow everyone else over the cliff . of course thats to high

So what led you to post this random thread at least a week after all drafts and after the first game of the season?

Woke up with a case of Danny Morning Woodhead?

You know, if you had come in and argued for the inconsistency of any New Orleans receiver, I'd have bought your argument. If you had started with an insight that suggest that Graham wasn't going to be used in the same capacity this year, I'd have listened to it. But your basic assertion is that TEs shouldn't be taken that early, and that's wrong, uncreative, and short-sighted. Let me show you how wrong you are:

Standard scoring, PPR:

2012 - Jimmy Graham finishes with 237.2. This total is 17th among all wide receivers. The next two TEs finished with 234 (Gronk) and 231.9 (Witten). After that, #4 was 202.6 (H.Miller). If you want to argue for Heath's value, that's cool. But the drop-off was pretty significant.

It's worse in . . .

2011 - Graham didn't even finish first among TEs. The scab finished 2nd, with 296 points. Gronkowski finished with 330. Gronkowski was third among all receivers. Jimmy Graham was fourth. The drop to the third TE? 216 points (Hernandez). That's an 80 point dropoff. Why exactly would you not consider the possibility of having that kind of an advantage at a position worth a high (1st-3rd) pick?

This would have been a brilliant thread two or three weeks ago. To create it now is just a coward troll move. Very easy to predict things after they happen.

Oh, and by the way . . . statistically speaking, 5-6 of the top 10 RBs from last year will be different. It is statistically more dangerous to pick the stud RB, than to pick the stud TE. :)

In my more expensive drafts, Graham was going between 1.11 and 2.04. He never fell past the mid-second round. I laughed every single time someone drafted him for two reasons; One - This year there are plenty of TE's you can have drafted in round 8 that will come close to what Graham will do. Second, even if Graham blows up and has 1,000 yards and 10 TD's, that's STILL nowhere near the value you could have received by taking AJ Green or a RB there. People are dumb sometimes.

In my more expensive drafts, Graham was going between 1.11 and 2.04. He never fell past the mid-second round. I laughed every single time someone drafted him for two reasons; One - This year there are plenty of TE's you can have drafted in round 8 that will come close to what Graham will do. Second, even if Graham blows up and has 1,000 yards and 10 TD's, that's STILL nowhere near the value you could have received by taking AJ Green or a RB there. People are dumb sometimes.

IF he puts up 1000 and 10 (close to what he did last year).

Most of those 8th round TEs will be some 50 points behind him on the year...if not more than that.

If he goes higher like in 2011...he will be closer to 90 points over most of the starting TEs in a 12 man league.

The difference in me drafting Graham in the 3rd over WR value that you claim I could have gotten.

Would have been Victor Cruz over Roddy White. Roddy outscored him last year. Yes...that was last year and Cruz should outscore him this year if he keeps that up.

But the difference in value of that 3rd round pick over what I took in the 4th and 5th rounds...is smaller than the difference between Graham and dropping down about 5-6 TEs in rankings.

Speaking of value cannot dismiss the sure-fire upper round studs. This argument becomes one of its own creation. Seriously. Of course there will be value later . . . IF you can hit it right. Heath Miller was taken as late as the 12th and 13th last year and finished #4.

But the problem with this line of thinking is that this is true of all positions. Perhaps you should have waited on RB, because Reggie Bush was a monster, and he was available in the 4th. 2nd best RB score this week. Shane Vereen . . . available in the 8th-10th rounds . . . 5th best RB score this week.

Better yet, wait on drafting a WR. The #1 WR this week? Anquan Boldin. Available in the 8th round or later in almost ALL drafts. Brian Hartline - available in the 12th - 9th best WR. Leonard Hankerson - available at the end of the draft, and on the waiver wire - 11th best.

This argument is dumb.

We should all be able to draft after the season starts to see who will be good. Maybe Vegas will let us bet on games after they're over, too. Track 1 is a genius. He actually can see things after they happen!! :shocking:

Yet, I challenge him to post a link of him giving this advice BEFORE drafts. Or week one. Go ahead, track 1. We're waiting to witness your genius.

Much rather be a Jimmy Graham owner than a David Wilson or Lamar Miller owner at the moment...

And yet another reason to like the sure fire guy.

I just can't respect the opinion of a guy who can't respect my six man league where we start 3QB/5TE with 20 on the bench. Perhaps if you dabbled in a league other than 12 man I'd be more inclined to bend an ear. :wave:

A better argument is whether tight end should even be a separate position in fantasy football.

This season is shaping up as a nice year for tight ends. But so many times over the years you end up with a few really productive guys at the position, then a huge drop-off to a bunch of mediocre guys and scrubs that people have to start every week.

I know it diminishes the value of the top tight ends somewhat to lump them in with WRs, but there just are not consistently enough good pass-catching TEs in the league to justify its own position. It would be akin to having a separate position for fullback back in the days when there were pass-catching fullbacks and a few were really good.

I got him late third round, steal. Matching him with AJ Green and Austin, yep I'm pretty sad about that.

Good to know. I took him in the first last year and led the league in scoring. I got him in the early fourth this year because, like the OP, guys in my league don't understand the importance of positional point differential.

I got Graham in the third o my work league draft. Glad I did it there instead of my big money league, because I am weaker at RB than I would like. And using VBD/magic formula analysis (and depending on your scoring/line up requirements) quality RBs go off the board really fast. Will the 5 point advantage Graham gives me at TE compensate for the disadvantage at my RB2/RB3 spot? Time will tell. But already the value is questioned as Graham was out scored by several TEs in week 1.

I would still take graham over any TE out there

If you think you can consistently rely on Cameron, cook, Daniels, Winslow, Davis week in and week out to produce like week 1 you are mistaken

• Like 1

If you think you can consistently rely on Cameron, cook, Daniels, Winslow, Davis week in and week out like week 1 you are mistaken

I think one will be able to depend on Cook and Cameron as weekly TE1 plays. Daniels isn't far back. Davis and Winslow are reaches on any given week imo.

We should all be able to draft after the season starts to see who will be good. Maybe Vegas will let us bet on games after they're over, too. Track 1 is a genius. He actually can see things after they happen!! :shocking:

Yet, I challenge him to post a link of him giving this advice BEFORE drafts. Or week one. Go ahead, track 1. We're waiting to witness your genius.

:first:

one game in? Talk about overreaction.

I think one will be able to depend on Cook and Cameron as weekly TE1 plays. Daniels isn't far back. Davis and Winslow are reaches on any given week imo.

Winslow is a reach?

How do you "reach" for someone off the waiver wire? :huh:

Winslow is a reach?

How do you "reach" for someone off the waiver wire? :huh:

A reach that they will put up stud #'s on a weekly basis.... People forget quickly that even the best players put up dud games... Graham went 4 for 40 and a TD in a largely underwhelming game...

Can we also compare when Graham goes off and Julius Thomas goes 3 for 19? Cause I think that will happen alot more often than what happened in wk 1

I think one will be able to depend on Cook and Cameron as weekly TE1 plays.

Cook has been garbage since 2009 and now after week 1 he is a weeklyTE1. Jordan Cameron had his career best came ever and now he is a weekly TE1?

LOL... you guys are drinking the week 1 kool aid juice. not saying they will be bad producers for their ADP, but all of a sudden they are at the Jimmy Graham level based on their career game is ridiculous

Cook has been garbage since 2009 and now after week 1 he is a weeklyTE1. Jordan Cameron had his career best came ever and now he is a weekly TE1?

LOL... you guys are drinking the week 1 kool aid juice. not saying they will be bad producers for their ADP, but all of a sudden they are at the Jimmy Graham level based on their career game is ridiculous

don't you know, megatron is overrated, everyone could have told you. Cook will catch 345 balls for 14544 yards and 165 tds. Cameron will become mayor of cleveland next year, governor of ohio in 2016 and the president of the USA in 2020. Soon after, he will welcome lord zenu and L. Ron Hubbard back to earth, and we'll all live happily after. Thetin levels will be at all time low...

Thread synopsis: If the other TE's continue to produce like they did in Week 1, then Jimmy Graham was a bad reach if you took him in the 1st or 2nd and probably 3rd round.

So when Graham blows up in either week 2 or 3, can us misguided Graham owners bump this thread?

I love coming to the boreds throughout the season but the amount of overreacting in the 1st few weeks is nauseating. Hopefully some of the posters houses around here aren't built near steep cliffs or penthouse apartments.

So when Graham blows up in either week 2 or 3, can us misguided Graham owners bump this thread?

I love coming to the boreds throughout the season but the amount of overreacting in the 1st few weeks is nauseating. Hopefully some of the posters houses around here aren't built near steep cliffs or penthouse apartments.

brah, week 2 these retards will be on new threads, such as but not limited to, 'Lamar Miller is the 2nd coming of walter payton!' or 'CJ Spiller can't hold Fred Jackson's jock, worst 1st round pick ever!'

etcetcetc. That is 80% of this board, overreactions all day every day. Has been for years. Just gotta get through the retardedness and find the small pieces of info that will help you in the long run...

I never said Cook or Cameron were on Graham's level. I said they were weekly TE1 plays. You're putting convenient words in my mouth. It is not Cook's fault that he has never been properly used. Cameron is currently at the intersection of ability and opportunity. Both players are nowhere near Graham but to slough me off as imbibing the purple drank for accurately surmising Cook/Cameron are going to be startable is narrow minded.

A better argument is whether tight end should even be a separate position in fantasy football.

This season is shaping up as a nice year for tight ends. But so many times over the years you end up with a few really productive guys at the position, then a huge drop-off to a bunch of mediocre guys and scrubs that people have to start every week.

I know it diminishes the value of the top tight ends somewhat to lump them in with WRs, but there just are not consistently enough good pass-catching TEs in the league to justify its own position. It would be akin to having a separate position for fullback back in the days when there were pass-catching fullbacks and a few were really good.

I like the idea of having a return man position instead of TE

OP is simply a miserably bad poster.

more like a super troll, and he's got a lot of fish biting!

more like a super troll, and he's got a lot of fish biting!

I consider trolls to be bad posters. Don't you?

If you think you can consistently rely on Cameron, cook, Daniels, Winslow, Davis week in and week out to produce like week 1 you are mistaken

Duh. OK, I agree Graham is still the #1 TE. Except Graham cost a 2.5 pick in my league, where I got Cook at 11.7 and Cameron went at 15.5. It's all about value, and Graham at 2.5 is a poor value compared to the WR or RB that draft pick should get.

brah, week 2 these retards will be on new threads, such as but not limited to, 'Lamar Miller is the 2nd coming of walter payton!' or 'CJ Spiller can't hold Fred Jackson's jock, worst 1st round pick ever!'

etcetcetc. That is 80% of this board, overreactions all day every day. Has been for years. Just gotta get through the retardedness and find the small pieces of info that will help you in the long run...

:thumbsup: what he said. Posters they come they go, Monday through Sunday yo

Duh. OK, I agree Graham is still the #1 TE. Except Graham cost a 2.5 pick in my league, where I got Cook at 11.7 and Cameron went at 15.5. It's all about value, and Graham at 2.5 is a poor value compared to the WR or RB that draft pick should get.

seriously? after week 1?

Joique Bell outscored Arian Foster... wow that's horrible value for Arian Foster.

Anquan Boldin outscored Calvin Johnson... wow that's horrible value for Calvin Johnson.

The FACT is that Jimmy Graham has been the top 2 or 3 TE in the past 2 seasons show why his ADP is where it is. Because of consistency. All this crap about value for Cook and Cameron is garbage because they haven't proven any consistency and it's a crap shoot each week for them.