Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Get DeAngelo Williams, trade away Ben Tate?

I got hit pretty hard with RB injuries with S Jackson and Jones-Drew going down. My roster is below:

QB: P Manning, Bradford

RB: McCoy, S Jackson, Jones-Drew, B Tate, B Brown

WR: V Jackson, Nelson, T Smith, C Givens, D Hopkins

TE: Cook

Would you trade away Tate (to the Foster owner) for DeAngelo Williams?

Thanks and I will look at yours!

LOL... I thought this was my thread for a minute. If you search you will find similar posts from me on this exact topic. I am thin at RB and had a shot at either Tate or DW and long story short, more of the board seems to like Tate.

so I took Tate...then Monday I was at a crossroads with DW vs anyone I had in FA available and like the first time, the Carolina bandwagon was pretty empty.

So despite the idea that a fulltime starter is a lock for RB1 in this year's mix, the lack of love for Williams was surprising. That said, wonder if the next six posts will completely contradict me. :lol:

The problem with DWill is that he is what he is. He's going to get 50-80 yards and about 1% chance for a TD. Tate is getting 10 carries a game, on a far better team (that runs a ton in the red zone) and he's one injury away from being a top 5 back.

The problem with DWill is that he is what he is. He's going to get 50-80 yards and about 1% chance for a TD. Tate is getting 10 carries a game, on a far better team (that runs a ton in the red zone) and he's one injury away from being a top 5 back.

Could not agree more with this. I am a frustrated Williams owner waiting for the monster game that never seems to come. Granted he has been serviceable so far but as a starting back I am still hoping for more. That said I still like Tate better