Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Bradshaw vs Trich

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7462/trent-richardson

Coach Chuck Pagano said the running back rotation for Sunday's game at Jacksonville will be the same as it was in Week 3.

Against San Francisco, Trent Richardson had 13 touches and played 29 snaps. Ahmad Bradshaw got 22 touches on his 38 snaps. The Colts can talk up an even timeshare all they want, but they gave up a first-round pick to acquire Richardson for a reason. Once he's up to speed in the playbook, he's going to flash far more difference-making ability than Bradshaw. He's the one that will get the "hot hand" that Pagano said he wants. Both backs are good bets to shred the Jags this week and Richardson will be leading this committee by a wide margin soon enough. Sep 25 - 12:19 PM

Sounds like the rotoworld thinks trich will be the man, but the coach says otherwise

Coach Chuck Pagano said the running back rotation for Sunday's game at Jacksonville will be the same as it was in Week 3.

Against San Francisco, Trent Richardson had 13 touches and played 29 snaps. Ahmad Bradshaw got 22 touches on his 38 snaps. The Colts can talk up an even timeshare all they want, but they gave up a first-round pick to acquire Richardson for a reason. Once he's up to speed in the playbook, he's going to flash far more difference-making ability than Bradshaw. He's the one that will get the "hot hand" that Pagano said he wants. Both backs are good bets to shred the Jags this week and Richardson will be leading this committee by a wide margin soon enough. Sep 25 - 12:19 PM

Sounds like the rotoworld thinks trich will be the man, but the coach says otherwise

How has the coach said otherwise? He said things will remain the same for WEEK 3. This shouldn't surprise anyone. Richardson will continue to take over more touches as he practices more with the team and continues to get more acclimated to the offense. My personal opinion is that eventually it will be about 65/35 or 70/30 in favor of Richardson. I just think Richardson is more talented and the bigger back to run the "Power O" run game that was a staple of Pep Hamilton's offense at Stanford. But we will see what happens. If Bradshaw outplays Richardson, that split I suggested could certainly decrease. But I think Richardson will be given every chance to be the "man" within a couple weeks.

That's good news....I'm starting Bradshaw with condidence (with DWII on a bye and Sjax out)

Rotoworld is stupid. I don't think it's a given that TRich is way more talented than Bradshaw. What has he ever done to prove that?

That said, TRich is gonna get lots of touches because they gave up a first rounder for him.

As anticipated, this thread has became a Bradshaw owner vs. TRich owner arguing.

Reminds me of Thomas Jones vs. Jamaal Charles. This debate isn't going anywhere... Let's just wait until Sunday.

still cant get anyone to recognize the obvious that kills Richardson. As i stated earlier.....Richardson came out on 3rd or passing downs with browns and will likely do the same with the Colts as bradshaw is the 3rd down or passing down rb.

Richardson was replaced by Chris Oganbannana in Cleveland.

Hard to say he will be a top 5 back coming out on all passing downs. YUCK.

The studs in this league present and past stayed in on 3rd downs.....ppr especially. Lesean Mccoy, Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Jamal Charles.....Past Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk, Ladainian Tomlinson.

Very hard for a good back like Richardson to post Great numbers when its 3rd down and your trotting to the sideline to watch and you miss out on the check down pass that goes for 11 yds.

Glad I did not draft Trich in the 1st round despite him still having a chance to post good rushing yards and tds. Just my opinion.

This is the problem with this thread (and others about Richardson). This post is based on absolutely nothing. No facts, no evidence, no logic.

Richardson faced a stacked box, that's why he didn't do well last year?

More often than not, top RBs come from poor-passing teams, so they would face 8 in the box.

Richardson played hurt most of last season?

Richardson has played 18 games in his career: 6 before his rib injury last year, 9 when he was dealing with the injury, and 3 this year while healthy. In his 9 healthy games, he has averaged 3.45 YPC. In his 9 "hurt" games, he has averaged 3.54 YPC.

We "all know" Bradshaw has bum feet & he's going to blow a tire if he gets too many touches. Last you checked, he's always shared the ball and got hurt?

Since his rookie year, Bradshaw has only had 1 season where he missed more than 2 games.

Richardson is clearly more talented than Bradshaw?

The video and stats say otherwise. Bradshaw has averaged 4.6 YPC over his career, Richardson has averaged 3.5 YPC. Bradshaw has averaged 8.1 yards/catch, Richardson 7.2.

The running lanes that Tiki, Brandon Jacobs, and Bradshaw had in New York were enormous?

Tiki hasn't played in 7 years!!! Jacobs averaged 3.8 YPC in 2011 & was out of NY in 2012. PFF ranked the Browns as the 5th best O-line in 2012, NYG were 11th.

Trading a 1st round pick for someone means investing in him LONG-TERM. One year rental means you are not a part of their future.

We're not talking about the future, we're talking about the now. Do I expect Bradshaw to be back in Indy next year? No, but that has nothing to do with this year. Many teams use first-round picks on players, but do not make them full-time starters in year 1, so your argument that they traded a first, he's going to get all the work right away is baseless.

Your "rationale" about why Richardson is going to become the man isn't based on anything, yet you refuse to look at the facts, objectively, and consider that Richardson may not get the workload we thought he would get in Cleveland. I have no doubts that Richardson will get the most carries, but his value will likely be limited by Bradshaw's presence.

Excellent post.

Great points by HT on Bradshaw being a 1 year rental. This coaching staff cares little about running him into the ground. Richardson is the future.

Also, we have seen nothing from Richardson at the NFL level proving he's better than Bradshaw.

"Coach speak" means very little to me these days. Who knows, Pagano's quote could be code for "we're gonna run TRich into the ground".

Agree with the posters who claim that TRich has yet to prove he's a better NFL RB than Bradshaw.

This is the problem with this thread (and others about Richardson). This post is based on absolutely nothing. No facts, no evidence, no logic.

Richardson faced a stacked box, that's why he didn't do well last year?

More often than not, top RBs come from poor-passing teams, so they would face 8 in the box.

Richardson played hurt most of last season?

Richardson has played 18 games in his career: 6 before his rib injury last year, 9 when he was dealing with the injury, and 3 this year while healthy. In his 9 healthy games, he has averaged 3.45 YPC. In his 9 "hurt" games, he has averaged 3.54 YPC.

We "all know" Bradshaw has bum feet & he's going to blow a tire if he gets too many touches. Last you checked, he's always shared the ball and got hurt?

Since his rookie year, Bradshaw has only had 1 season where he missed more than 2 games.

Richardson is clearly more talented than Bradshaw?

The video and stats say otherwise. Bradshaw has averaged 4.6 YPC over his career, Richardson has averaged 3.5 YPC. Bradshaw has averaged 8.1 yards/catch, Richardson 7.2.

The running lanes that Tiki, Brandon Jacobs, and Bradshaw had in New York were enormous?

Tiki hasn't played in 7 years!!! Jacobs averaged 3.8 YPC in 2011 & was out of NY in 2012. PFF ranked the Browns as the 5th best O-line in 2012, NYG were 11th.

Trading a 1st round pick for someone means investing in him LONG-TERM. One year rental means you are not a part of their future.

We're not talking about the future, we're talking about the now. Do I expect Bradshaw to be back in Indy next year? No, but that has nothing to do with this year. Many teams use first-round picks on players, but do not make them full-time starters in year 1, so your argument that they traded a first, he's going to get all the work right away is baseless.

Your "rationale" about why Richardson is going to become the man isn't based on anything, yet you refuse to look at the facts, objectively, and consider that Richardson may not get the workload we thought he would get in Cleveland. I have no doubts that Richardson will get the most carries, but his value will likely be limited by Bradshaw's presence.

HT......Great post. Fact Based

"Ahmad Bradshaw (neck) did not participate in Colts practice Wednesday."

A little bit of good news for TRich owners. at least TRich is spending more time with the first team

"Ahmad Bradshaw (neck) did not participate in Colts practice Wednesday."

A little bit of good news for TRich owners. at least TRich is spending more time with the first team

I think Ahmad Bradshaw usually takes Wednesdays off.

I think the main difference between Bradshaw and TRich is pretty obvious. Bradshaw can still make a decent play without a huge hole to run through. TRich is a lot like Steven Jackson in the sense he will only get what is in front of him. He's lacking any burst to get going. Once he gets a up to full speed, he's a bull to bring down, but his 3.5 ypc average suggests he doesn't get up to full speed often. I see a RBBC with Bradshaw scoring as many points as TRich, or more, in many weeks. Bradshaw has never been a great goal line back, or short yardage guy, so the addition of TRich is huge for Indy. That said, it sucks all around for fantasy owners. I don't think there will be any "winners" in this battle. Against week defenses, like Jacksonville, you may be able to use both of these backs. Not an ideal situation for any fantasy owner though. The week you sit Bradshaw, he will go off and vice versa.

Just an all out guess here, but here is my take. Against weaker teams like Jax, I think the Colts will try to get a lead and then pound the ball with T-Rich. Against Den, they will more than likely be playing from behind and throwing the ball, Bradshaw will be the guy in ppr.

T-rich definitely has the higher floor/ceiling, but Bradshaw will get his in tough games.

Just a guess

I think the main difference between Bradshaw and TRich is pretty obvious. Bradshaw can still make a decent play without a huge hole to run through. TRich is a lot like Steven Jackson in the sense he will only get what is in front of him. He's lacking any burst to get going. Once he gets a up to full speed, he's a bull to bring down, but his 3.5 ypc average suggests he doesn't get up to full speed often. I see a RBBC with Bradshaw scoring as many points as TRich, or more, in many weeks. Bradshaw has never been a great goal line back, or short yardage guy, so the addition of TRich is huge for Indy. That said, it sucks all around for fantasy owners. I don't think there will be any "winners" in this battle. Against week defenses, like Jacksonville, you may be able to use both of these backs. Not an ideal situation for any fantasy owner though. The week you sit Bradshaw, he will go off and vice versa.

At this point in time I think I concur with this...

still cant get anyone to recognize the obvious that kills Richardson. As i stated earlier.....Richardson came out on 3rd or passing downs with browns and will likely do the same with the Colts as bradshaw is the 3rd down or passing down rb.

Richardson was replaced by Chris Oganbannana in Cleveland.

Hard to say he will be a top 5 back coming out on all passing downs. YUCK.

The studs in this league present and past stayed in on 3rd downs.....ppr especially. Lesean Mccoy, Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Jamal Charles.....Past Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk, Ladainian Tomlinson.

Very hard for a good back like Richardson to post Great numbers when its 3rd down and your trotting to the sideline to watch and you miss out on the check down pass that goes for 11 yds.

Glad I did not draft Trich in the 1st round despite him still having a chance to post good rushing yards and tds. Just my opinion.

As per the coaches and GM, they expect him to be a 3 down back. As for what you saw in Cleveland, I have no idea, since I rarely watched the Browns play.

We're just going to have to find out about this in a few weeks. I dunno why he can't be a 3 down back.

Trich is absolutely a 3 down back. He caught passes last year.

But yeah, this thread is just trich and bradshaw owners waxing poetic about their guy, hoping to reduce the anxiety. Funny stuff...

As per the coaches and GM, they expect him to be a 3 down back. As for what you saw in Cleveland, I have no idea, since I rarely watched the Browns play.

We're just going to have to find out about this in a few weeks. I dunno why he can't be a 3 down back.

Unless you have seen something new, I assume you are talking about the comments before last weeks game where they talked about Richardson. Since then, I haven't seen anything from the GM, and Pagano has said the RBs will continue to rotate like against SF.

https://twitter.com/CraigKColts/status/382900854354759680

I think Ahmad Bradshaw usually takes Wednesdays off.

Why would he normally take Wednesdays off? Sounds like an injury to me.

Colts RB Ahmad Bradshaw was held out of Wednesday's practice with a neck injury. We didn't think much of it since no injury had been reported during or after Sunday's game against the 49ers. Then we found this video of a clearly woozy and probably concussed Bradshaw. That play happened at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Bradshaw was shown being examined both on the field and then on the sidelines. But he returned on the very next series. It's unclear if Bradshaw was even tested for a concussion, and we haven't heard a peep about it since. The fact that he missed practice on Wednesday is now cause for concern, though. We'll see if he gets back on there later today.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/colts-injury-news

Why would he normally take Wednesdays off? Sounds like an injury to me.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/colts-injury-news

When he was with the Giants, I thought he used to routinely take a day off from practice because of his foot problems and be ready to go on Sunday. I forgot about that hit though so if it's the neck, it looks like it's serious.

The reason he was not a 3 down back in Cleveland is not becasue of his pass catching ability but becasue he is one of the worst blockers for a running back in the league. Then you have Bradshaw who is one of the best. TRich won't be in for many third downs if he doesn't figure out how to block.

When he was with the Giants, I thought he used to routinely take a day off from practice because of his foot problems and be ready to go on Sunday. I forgot about that hit though so if it's the neck, it looks like it's serious.

Yep. Rarely practiced. Gamed hard on Sundays.

Why do you give up a first round pick for an RB only to put him in a 50/50 timeshare? Effing stupid trade by the Colts if true. Probably an effing stupid trade regardless.

Why do you give up a first round pick for an RB only to put him in a 50/50 timeshare? Effing stupid trade by the Colts if true. Probably an effing stupid trade regardless.

I don't know if it's a 50/50 split or not, but your logic is flawed. Trich is a 2nd year player, the trade is based on what they'll get from him over many years, this year is not the end all. If Bradshaw can run hard, why would t they use him. Highly doubt they care about your ff team, or mine. Everyone using the 'traded a 1st rounder' logic is looking at it strictly from a FF perspective, unlike the mgmt there who are thinking of the present AND the future...

HTH

I don't know if it's a 50/50 split or not, but your logic is flawed. Trich is a 2nd year player, the trade is based on what they'll get from him over many years, this year is not the end all. If Bradshaw can run hard, why would t they use him. Highly doubt they care about your ff team, or mine. Everyone using the 'traded a 1st rounder' logic is looking at it strictly from a FF perspective, unlike the mgmt there who are thinking of the present AND the future...

HTH

The shelf life of RBs is typically not very long, so it makes no sense to "save" your young (supposedly) stud RB.

Hope THAT helps :doh:

The shelf life of RBs is typically not very long, so it makes no sense to "save" your young (supposedly) stud RB.

Hope THAT helps :doh:

you're right, that trade is just about this year and this year alone. WHy would they trade a 1st rounder and not run that rb they got for that 1st rounder on every single play? Why? Don't even every throw the ball this year, save Luck for next year, QBs have a far greater shelflife than 1 year, unlike RBs. It doesn't make any sense, despite the fact that there's another good back om the team. Everyone knows TRich explodes violently on Feb 23rd, 2014. They gotta get as much out of him as they cna this year, he'll never play another down again. I mean they did trade a 1st rounder for him, that's the only thing that makes sense. Plus I have him on my team and that's how I need it to go down, so WHY??????? Why would they give Bradshaw a single touch. WHY???????

you're right, that trade is just about this year and this year alone. WHy would they trade a 1st rounder and not run that rb they got for that 1st rounder on every single play? Why? Don't even every throw the ball this year, save Luck for next year, QBs have a far greater shelflife than 1 year, unlike RBs. It doesn't make any sense, despite the fact that there's another good back om the team. Everyone knows TRich explodes violently on Feb 23rd, 2014. They gotta get as much out of him as they cna this year, he'll never play another down again. I mean they did trade a 1st rounder for him, that's the only thing that makes sense. Plus I have him on my team and that's how I need it to go down, so WHY??????? Why would they give Bradshaw a single touch. WHY???????

Obviously TRich won't run it every down. :rolleyes:

But obviously you don't trade a first rounder for an RB only to plant his ass on the bench.

Also I do not have nor have I ever had TRich on one of my fantasy teams.

Obviously TRich won't run it every down. :rolleyes:

But obviously you don't trade a first rounder for an RB only to plant his ass on the bench.

Also I do not have nor have I ever had TRich on one of my fantasy teams.

dude, there's a huge middle ground between his ass on the bench and him getting every touch. And reality is going to fall right there. 50/50, 60/40, 90/10, who knows, it's all utterly baseless speculation. To believe that they traded a `1st rounder so they should just discard bradshaw and give him all the touches is absurd. If we were talking about a tashard choice or something it'd be a different story. Bradshaw can and will produce, and they keep talking about becoming a power team and running more, in which case they'll need both backs. And yes RBs ahve a short shelf life but he's in his 2nd year and if you don't believe they'll keep in mind future years or production out of him, I'm not sure what to tell you. Again, FF redraft league players look at the sport with a very 1 dimensional view, and that view is rarely if ever aligned with what real GMs and coaches think, Yes they do think of next year, and further to that they also think about getting some value out of a player on their roster that they know can produce. Despite the baseless claims by each side that it'll be a this split, or he'll get all carries or whatever...

good news for TRich owners.... Bradshaw missed 3 straight days of practice

Report: Ahmad Bradshaw among the missing at Friday practice
(11:43 am ET) Colts running back Ahmad Bradshaw is absent from practice again with a nagging neck injury, ESPN is reporting. Bradshaw is coming off his best game of the season, a 95-yard effort against a usually stingy San Francisco defense.

Bradshaw shared the load on Sunday with newcomer Trent Richardson, who would likely get the majority of reps if Bradshaw remains out.

Ahmad Bradshaw still out with neck injury by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com
(9/26/13) Ahmad Bradshaw played his finest game in his short time with the Colts on Sunday when he rushed for 95 yards and a touchdown against a tough San Francisco defense. But he might not have a chance to take his momentum and run with it if he doesn't recover quickly from a neck injury.

Bradshaw was absent for the second straight practice Thursday with the ailment. It remains to be seen, however, how he will share the workload with newly acquired Trent Richardson if he can play Sunday at Jacksonville.

Ahmad Bradshaw (neck) sits out Wednesday by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
(9/25/13) Colts running back Ahmad Bradshaw did not practice Wednesday because of a neck injury. However, the injury doesn't appear to be serious since Colts coach Chuck Pagano made no mention of the injury in his press conference and said Bradshaw will continue to split reps with Trent Richardson.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/520778/ahmad-bradshaw

dude, there's a huge middle ground between his ass on the bench and him getting every touch. And reality is going to fall right there. 50/50, 60/40, 90/10, who knows, it's all utterly baseless speculation. To believe that they traded a `1st rounder so they should just discard bradshaw and give him all the touches is absurd. If we were talking about a tashard choice or something it'd be a different story. Bradshaw can and will produce, and they keep talking about becoming a power team and running more, in which case they'll need both backs. And yes RBs ahve a short shelf life but he's in his 2nd year and if you don't believe they'll keep in mind future years or production out of him, I'm not sure what to tell you. Again, FF redraft league players look at the sport with a very 1 dimensional view, and that view is rarely if ever aligned with what real GMs and coaches think, Yes they do think of next year, and further to that they also think about getting some value out of a player on their roster that they know can produce. Despite the baseless claims by each side that it'll be a this split, or he'll get all carries or whatever...

:thumbsup: Cutting through the noise. Well said.

On point. That's how you shut it down!

Well it is dueling RB's for me this weekend. TR on one side and MJD I the other. This will determine if I have any hope this year as I drafted these fools (or am I the fool) #1 and #2 in my 12 man league.