Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Bradshaw vs Trich

Why are you so dismissive about what he says, and yet so stubborn about what you think he is going to do? You say of course the coach said he is doing well, that is coach speak. Yet you have a hard time saying of course Indy is playing TRich they traded, mid-season, a first round pick for him.

Read my post again. It is coach speak. What coach would say "yes I'm worried about the player we just traded a 1st round pick for. He sucks."? Obviously he's going to say "I'm not worried; we can fix it; we can improve; etc." When I hear a coach downplay a player's great performance, by saying "his team-mates really put him in a position to succeed," or "he did a good job of taking advantage of what was there," instead of "holy ######, my guy was just the best player on the field," I consider that to be "coach-speak" as well.

However, while I said it was coach speak, I then said they were "obviously going to be patient with him;" and he would get his carries even if Bradshaw was healthy, and that since they have him under contract for several more years, he was going to get his chances. Isn't that saying that Indy is going to play TRich, a player they traded a 1st round pick for?

Perhaps I've been unclear, (although I don't feel like my posts have been ambiguous) I think Indy is going to make Richardson, at worst, the lead dog in a RBBC. He is going to be their RB of the next few years (at least), and so he is going to have the opportunity to be "the man." However, his present performance (and that of his entire career) isn't going to allow Indy to give him "workhorse" touches when their is a healthy Bradshaw who is outperforming him. If he doesn't improve, when Bradshaw is healthy, Richardson will lose touches, and based on your posts, it will be more touches than you expect.

You claim "if" he shows improvement. I'm telling you he will show improvement because the grader is the same group who brought him in. If he maintains his "good" 2.9 ypc it will be improvement because of the even stouter D he did it against. If he catches more than one pass, he is really getting the hang of the passing game. If none of the stats go up he probably would have really improved his pass protection. So, technically I suppose you're right, "if" he doesn't improve there is a chance Bradshaw gets a lot of carries. The thing is, with all my self-evaluations I have always improved.

I don't like the hypothetical game, but I'll play along:

Let's say Bradshaw is back in week 5 (I doubt it, but again, it's hypothetical). If Richardson continues to average 2.9 YPC, you'll view it as an improvement, because the defense is tougher. If Bradshaw plays, and his YPC drops to a 4.0 YPC (from his current 4.5YPC), you would view that as a drop-off? Also, you think the coaching staff would stick with Richardson, because he had "improved" by maintaining his 2.9, instead of utilizing Bradshaw, because of his dropping off to 4.0?

Bummer. Good luck recovering AB and now it's time for TRich to show everyone what he's really made of.

Read my post again. It is coach speak. What coach would say "yes I'm worried about the player we just traded a 1st round pick for. He sucks."? Obviously he's going to say "I'm not worried; we can fix it; we can improve; etc." When I hear a coach downplay a player's great performance, by saying "his team-mates really put him in a position to succeed," or "he did a good job of taking advantage of what was there," instead of "holy ######, my guy was just the best player on the field," I consider that to be "coach-speak" as well.

However, while I said it was coach speak, I then said they were "obviously going to be patient with him;" and he would get his carries even if Bradshaw was healthy, and that since they have him under contract for several more years, he was going to get his chances. Isn't that saying that Indy is going to play TRich, a player they traded a 1st round pick for?

Perhaps I've been unclear, (although I don't feel like my posts have been ambiguous) I think Indy is going to make Richardson, at worst, the lead dog in a RBBC. He is going to be their RB of the next few years (at least), and so he is going to have the opportunity to be "the man." However, his present performance (and that of his entire career) isn't going to allow Indy to give him "workhorse" touches when their is a healthy Bradshaw who is outperforming him. If he doesn't improve, when Bradshaw is healthy, Richardson will lose touches, and based on your posts, it will be more touches than you expect.

Keep moon-walking on back Houston. Can barely see your 60/40 nonsense.

Now the qualifiers come out. "If TRich doesn't improve" - that's a good one. See earlier posts about self evatuations.

"If Bradshaw outperforms TRich". The deciders of this are a lot different than you. According to you, Bradshaw was already outperforming TRich, your precious ypc told you that.

"When Bradshaw is healthy" Imagine someone leaking Bradshaw's injury might be more serious than people had thought. I've got my shocked face on here. Next thing you know, the saint like Indy doctors will want to be real careful with this. This kind of Rob Johnson-like injury doesn't jump out at you on an Xray, but bless those Indy doctors because there is real concern there. Even if Bradshaw doesn't have the unnecessary surgery I think everyone is now adjusting the time frame.

We're not really talking 60/40 anymore are we?

Keep moon-walking on back Houston. Can barely see your 60/40 nonsense.

Now the qualifiers come out. "If TRich doesn't improve" - that's a good one. See earlier posts about self evatuations.

"If Bradshaw outperforms TRich". The deciders of this are a lot different than you. According to you, Bradshaw was already outperforming TRich, your precious ypc told you that.

"When Bradshaw is healthy" Imagine someone leaking Bradshaw's injury might be more serious than people had thought. I've got my shocked face on here. Next thing you know, the saint like Indy doctors will want to be real careful with this. This kind of Rob Johnson-like injury doesn't jump out at you on an Xray, but bless those Indy doctors because there is real concern there. Even if Bradshaw doesn't have the unnecessary surgery I think everyone is now adjusting the time frame.

We're not really talking 60/40 anymore are we?

What are you talking about? What moon-walking? I haven't changed a single part of my original stance, it was obviously predicated on both RBs being healthy, so now that Bradshaw is not healthy, I don't expect there to be a 60/40 split with Donald Brown. How do you not understand that? :dunno:

With regards to the "qualifiers," nice job of not quoting that post, so it's easier to take it out of context. I clearly stated that I don't like using hypotheticals, but since you did (with regards to Richardson hypothetically "improving" to 2.9 YPC against Seattle this weekend), I posted "I'll play along." At that point, I said "If TRich improves," and "if Bradshaw outperforms Richardson." Clearly (by stating that this was a hypothetical scenario :wall: ), I wasn't saying this was what I thought/expected to happen, but playing the "what if" game.

I don't understand why you insist on being antagonistic. You have one opinion about this situation, I have another. Clearly, you think your interpretation is correct, and I think mine is. Why does it seem like it is personal with you?

Two people with different opinions. Imagine that! Just agree to disagree. Posting the same thing over and over again doesn't make one person more right than the other person.

Throw all the Bradshaw/Richardson time share out the window. This neck for Bradshaw could be worse than we first thought. Why isn't anyone in the indy organization telling us what the injury is? I wouldn't be surprised we hear in the next few days that he'll require surgery and gone for the year.

lets just play the assumption game. What happens if Bradshaw is out for the year? discuss..

I called Bradshaw an injury risk, even though ' Houston Texans ' clearly stated there was no evidence to support my claim - he got injured 2 days later

Then, like a true guru, I predicted that he would need season ending neck surgery and be gone for a year- and what do you know, right again! (almost right lol)

I will go against all statistical evidence that ' Houston Texans ' researched and make my final prediction. T-RiCH will become a 'BEAST'!

• Like 1

Take this with a grain of salt............

Colts coach Chuck Pagano acknowledged Wednesday newly acquired running back Trent Richardson hasn't had great numbers in his short time with Indianapolis, but he's not concerned. Pagano said Richardson's low yards-per-carry average (2.9) since the trade is because he's still getting used to the offensive scheme.

"He's a shoelace here or there from breaking some really big runs," Pagano said, per the team's official website.

They said that about TRich for 18 games in Cleveland, but he never did. He has poor vision for a running back and dances in the hole instead of hitting it. Until he learns to pass block he won't be an everydown back for Indy, unless Luck's health is not a concern.

They said that about TRich for 18 games in Cleveland, but he never did. He has poor vision for a running back and dances in the hole instead of hitting it. Until he learns to pass block he won't be an everydown back for Indy, unless Luck's health is not a concern.

He already is an every down back for Indy.

why do so many people feel the need to come in here as arm chair coaches that watched a couple games on tv pretend they know everything about cutting, vision, speed, hitting holes, blocking..etc... over professional coaches and scouts out there?

maybe some of you guys should quit your job flipping burgers and start coaching or scouting for the NFL.

why do so many people feel the need to come in here as arm chair coaches that watched a couple games on tv pretend they know everything about cutting, vision, speed, hitting holes, blocking..etc... over professional coaches and scouts out there?

maybe some of you guys should quit your job flipping burgers and start coaching or scouting for the NFL.

When someone looks bad, it doesn't take a NFL scout to know he looks bad.

After finally watching a full game of his, I never did when he was on Cleveland and have never owned him, I def came away unimpressed.

The Colts offense looks better with Brown to me. He can get the edge easier and while he's not as physical he's small and seems go slip through gaps Trich runs into.

Even the power back side of his game hasn't been too impressive. Ivory's runs yesterday caught my attention way more than anything Trent did.

When someone looks bad, it doesn't take a NFL scout to know he looks bad.

Everyone has realized the mistake they made in drafting TRich...What are you trying to tell us that we don't know by now? Do you want a medal?

stop rubbing salt in our wounds lol.............It's not the first or last mistake i'll make in fantasy.

Please, lets move on.

So, when you "THINK" you are right about something, despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, you post stuff like this:

I will go against all statistical evidence that ' Houston Texans ' researched and make my final prediction. T-RiCH will become a 'BEAST'!

Then you want to cry about people "rubbing salt in your wounds" when you finally realize you were dead wrong all along?

Everyone has realized the mistake they made in drafting TRich...What are you trying to tell us that we don't know by now? Do you want a medal?

stop rubbing salt in our wounds lol.............It's not the first or last mistake i'll make in fantasy.

Please, lets move on.

Here's a tip: if you're going to be a know-it-all, self-proclaimed guru; and make ridiculous predictions that go against all reasoning, evidence, stats, and logic, you're going to get called on it. If you don't want that to happen, engage in discussions, listen to contrary viewpoints without acting like a douche, and don't make predictions based on little to support them.

Even the power back side of his game hasn't been too impressive. Ivory's runs yesterday caught my attention way more than anything Trent did.

Yeah, and thank gawd for that. I just traded for Ivory, who may assume a starting role on my team in lieu of the pathetic Richardson.

This is total speculation but I wonder if he's feeling any pressure to perform. You know the Colts paid a high draft pick and I'm sure he's heard some of the talk about his relative underperformance.

I'm no expert on his body language but I noticed a couple times where he seemed miffed and in a huge game like that I'm sure he wanted to show up and well not fumble late...that's for sure.

Don't really have a point here other than he was struggling and maybe it showed.

trich looks like crap, but how exactly can someone just walk into another NFL team's huddle and be expected to produce? does he even know the plays or the blocking schemes?

they have OTAs and mini camps and practices for a reason.

i am just not sure how to judge him

trich looks like crap, but how exactly can someone just walk into another NFL team's huddle and be expected to produce? does he even know the plays or the blocking schemes?

they have OTAs and mini camps and practices for a reason.

i am just not sure how to judge him

All true. Surely he had some knowledge of the system but Brandon Jacobs basically walked in off the the street and trucked some dudes.

trich looks like crap, but how exactly can someone just walk into another NFL team's huddle and be expected to produce? does he even know the plays or the blocking schemes? they have OTAs and mini camps and practices for a reason. i am just not sure how to judge him

Bradshaw did

So, when you "THINK" you are right about something, despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, you post stuff like this:

Then you want to cry about people "rubbing salt in your wounds" when you finally realize you were dead wrong all along?

Here's a tip: if you're going to be a know-it-all, self-proclaimed guru; and make ridiculous predictions that go against all reasoning, evidence, stats, and logic, you're going to get called on it. If you don't want that to happen, engage in discussions, listen to contrary viewpoints without acting like a douche, and don't make predictions based on little to support them.

Take it easy buddy, this is fantasy football not a bloody court room. I run 4 hotels and have no time to sit there like you, looking up stats.

And FYI, I traded TRICH 2 weeks ago along with VJAX for Megatron, Now I'm on the "Megatron better days are ahead of him thread" pumping his tires.

....and stop using the word douche. You seem like a fairly intelligent , judging by your ridiculously long stupid pointless threads.....

Grow up

Take it easy buddy, this is fantasy football not a bloody court room. I run 4 hotels and have no time to sit there like you, looking up stats.

And FYI, I traded TRICH 2 weeks ago along with VJAX for Megatron, Now I'm on the "Megatron better days are ahead of him thread" pumping his tires.

....and stop using the word douche. You seem like a fairly intelligent ######, judging by your ridiculously long stupid pointless threads.....

Grow up

I drive a Dodge Stratus!!

....and stop using the word douche. You seem like a fairly intelligent ######, judging by your ridiculously long stupid pointless threads.....

Grow up

Okay, "buddy." You have no time to "look up stats," then don't post stuff that you are making up out of thin air. Use this board to gain information, rather than cluttering it up with the nonsense that you post.

Don't try to pump yourself up by calling yourself a guru because you guessed an injury might occur to a NFL RB (like that never happens), cry about having salt rubbed in your wounds when your baseless predictions are proven 100% wrong.

Don't be a douche, and you won't be called a douche.

And no one cares about your FF team, who you traded, who you acquired, or who you are pimping. Try discussing players objectively, not based on who you own, don't own, traded for, or traded away. It might allow you to actually see what is or will happen, not what YOU WANT to happen.

Okay, "buddy." You have no time to "look up stats," then don't post stuff that you are making up out of thin air. Use this board to gain information, rather than cluttering it up with the nonsense that you post.

Don't try to pump yourself up by calling yourself a guru because you guessed an injury might occur to a NFL RB (like that never happens), cry about having salt rubbed in your wounds when your baseless predictions are proven 100% wrong.

Don't be a douche, and you won't be called a douche.

And no one cares about your FF team, who you traded, who you acquired, or who you are pimping. Try discussing players objectively, not based on who you own, don't own, traded for, or traded away. It might allow you to actually see what is or will happen, not what YOU WANT to happen.

go give your boyfriend a big hug