Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

7th-grader suspended for playing with airsoft gun in own yard

A seventh-grade student in Virginia Beach, Va., has been suspended from school for playing with an airsoft gun with a friend in his front yard while waiting for the school bus.

WAVY-TV reports that 13-year-old Khalid Caraballo will find out soon if he will be expelled for "possession, handling and use of a firearm" because the guns were fired at two others playing in Caraballo's yard.

A neighbor saw Khalid shooting the airsoft gun in his yard and called 911, telling the dispatcher, "He is pointing the gun, and it looks like there's a target in a tree in his front yard," the station reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/24/7th-grader-suspended-for-playing-with-airsoft-gun-in-own-yard/

Probably a good idea. You never know when some cop or passerby might think the kid is waiving a real gun around and react accordingly.

Probably a good idea. You never know when some cop or passerby might think the kid is waiving a real gun around and react accordingly.

Yeah. Kids shouldn't have air soft guns cuz cops may shoot them.

What a dumbass.

What a dumbass.

Well, the kid could have been Obama's son. :lol: :Mr-T:

I heard they were in the back yard but then I also heard they were shooting kids at the bus stop. Prolly white kids. I think to be safe they should just go ahead and put the black kid in jail for the rest of his life.

'The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property, according to the report."

This kid could get a good legal education when they sue

'The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property, according to the report."

What if it's during hunting season and he is in the woods with his father? That policy has to be illegal.

:doh:

Hey shitforbrains, real guns don't have little orange plastic tips.

Who are you talking to dude?

Who are you talking to dude?

Anybody who thought it might be a good idea to call 911 on some kids horsing around before school.

What a dumbass.

It actually happened in a town where I lived about ten years ago. Don't recall if it was Airsoft or something else but it's certainly a legitimate concern if you care about your kids at all.

Yeah I'm sure it's super-easy to make that distinction on the fly.

"Holy sh!t, is that kid about to shoot a group of other kids?!!!"

(unholsters real gun)

"Oh wait, no, I see that little orange tip now. Boy is my face read!"

It actually happened in a town where I lived about ten years ago. Don't recall if it was Airsoft or something else but it's certainly a legitimate concern if you care about your kids at all.

Ten years ago, huh?

And toys are still legal?

Fukking NRA!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait.......2004.............BUSH!!!!!!!!!!

Is the kid black? He probably still wouldnt go.....

Ten years ago, huh?

And toys are still legal?

Fukking NRA!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait.......2004.............BUSH!!!!!!!!!!

What now? :wacko:

(unholsters real gun)

Well that's exactly why manufacturers started putting them there. So they would be immediately recognizable as toys.

Any cop would pick up on it right away. However, the anti-gun whack jobs get scared by a focking pop-tart so I'm not surprised this one wet himself over some kids playing around.

(unholsters real gun)

You are the most paranoid person I have ever encountered. I remember you posted that when you are in a crowd you look and worry about people carrying weapons. :D

You are the most paranoid person I have ever encountered. I remember you posted that when you are in a crowd you look and worry about people carrying weapons. :D

You're probably taking that out of context because it depends on the crowd. But sometimes, yeah I do. Is it really that crazy given all the gun violence in this country?

FYI I'm not even in favor of gun control. I think the problem is mainly cultural/societal

You're probably taking that out of context because it depends on the crowd. But sometimes, yeah I do. Is it really that crazy given all the gun violence in this country?

FYI I'm not even in favor of gun control. I think the problem is mainly cultural/societal

What gun violence? Have you had a close call? Have you see someone shot? There are small pockets of gun violence in this country but the majority of the country doesn't have a problem. Dying from gun shot is way down on the list of causes of death in this country but it freaks the lefty lemmings out.

Remember a scared population is easy to control. MK-Ultra

I actually agree with Worms that our country seems to be getting more violent so I was surprised today when i read that the firearm homicide rates are actually way down since a peak in 1993. I also saw on the news after the most recent Chicago shooting that their yearly homicide projection will be it's lowest since 1965. I was shocked to hear that. Watching the news you would think it's one of the worst years ever.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Top-Cop-Chicago-Fighting-Perception-as-Murder-Capital-222152511.html

Anybody who thought it might be a good idea to call 911 on some kids horsing around before school.

The caller knew it wasn't a real gun. She told 911 as much.

The only real question here is if they were shooting other kids who were off the property, as has been reported. Even if that is the case, it's a question for the police - and probably deserving of nothing more than a warning - not the school.

I bet the person who called this in would have died of a heart attack if they ever saw me and my friends chasing and shooting each other with shotguns when we were kids. We took the shot out of the shells so we could shoot at each other. Good times....good times.

The caller knew it wasn't a real gun. She told 911 as much.

The only real question here is if they were shooting other kids who were off the property, as has been reported. Even if that is the case, it's a question for the police - and probably deserving of nothing more than a warning - not the school.

:thumbsup:

I bet the person who called this in would have died of a heart attack if they ever saw me and my friends chasing and shooting each other with shotguns when we were kids. We took the shot out of the shells so we could shoot at each other. Good times....good times.

:lol:

We used to play a game we called "creek tag" with BB guns. We played in the creek right next to our elementary school. 2 pumps, no head shots. Played damn near daily after school. Teachers would see us playing and laugh at us!

Good times indeed!

Foiled by "The Gobbledog Rule".

How did I get dragged into this? I've said the only real solution to America's gun violence problem is to outlaw the sale of firearms. And I'm right. But what does that have to do with air-rifles?

:dunno:

How did I get dragged into this? I've said the only real solution to America's gun violence problem is to outlaw the sale of firearms. And I'm right. But what does that have to do with air-rifles?

Yup, disarming all law abiding citizens will make us all safer. :lol: MK-Ultra :wall:

Yup, disarming all law abiding citizens will make us all safer. :lol: MK-Ultra :wall:

I don't advocate "disarming." I advocate disarming through attirition.

Still... air-rifles? :dunno:

I don't advocate "disarming." I advocate disarming through attirition.

Turned yours in yet?

What if it's during hunting season and he is in the woods with his father? That policy has to be illegal.

Took my 9 year old son grouse hunting this past weekend. He carried a 20ga shotgun. I even took his picture. If his skool comes after him or I, I'll tie their dumbasses up in court for years.

I am a proud member of the NRA :bandana:

Yeah it's a little different when you're hunting in the woods. Obviously. Nobody should need to be informed of that.

Took my 9 year old son grouse hunting this past weekend. He carried a 20ga shotgun. I even took his picture. If his skool comes after him or I, I'll tie their dumbasses up in court for years.

I think this rule is absurd, my question is what does the school do if the kid is hunting with his father. There is no way this suspension holds up unless, which I suspect, the child WAS shooting at other children at the bus stop. But even then, a year suspension seems a bit extreme.

Yeah it's a little different when you're hunting in the woods. Obviously. Nobody should need to be informed of that.

So you think a school should be able to dictate to a family what their kid can do in his front yard, but not out in the woods.

Another incoherent, dumbass position by Worms.

The schools should be teaching gun safety to the students instead of isolating them from guns.

What gun violence? Have you had a close call? Have you see someone shot? There are small pockets of gun violence in this country but the majority of the country doesn't have a problem. Dying from gun shot is way down on the list of causes of death in this country but it freaks the lefty lemmings out.

Remember

MK-Ultra

This is what they were selling us in 1965.

It is a wonder we got this far isn't it.

A scared population is easy to control.