Sign in to follow this  
jjarch86

Daryl Richardson tough enough to trust?

I understand a foot injury, but you are healthy enough to go at game time....then it gets "stepped on" and you have to go out the rest of the game, only to declare yourself ready to go 4 days later?? Is this guy tough enough to trust any time there is a Questionable status around him going forward? Have we seen enough from him to know if he is a guy who can play through injuries, or someone who gets benched for a hang nail?

I got screwed last week and not sure if I should trust him again. The 49's Def is giving up the 2nd most points to RB's though and looks like it may be a juicy match up IF no one steps on his foot. Pierre Thomas value is rising and I have him in a .5 PPR league. In the end, I think I have to go with the more proven back rather than take a high risk high reward option.

Richardson is only a stop-gap. The Rams will have a new RB next year. His biggest flaw isn't the injury bug, but his lack of speed from the start position, into the hole. He doesn't have great vision either. He's playing now only because Pead has flat out sucked and the Stacy isn't ready. I don't see any of these RB's being "the man" in St. Louis. All you hear on our local radio shows is how awful they all are and how Coach can't wait to draft a real RB. Most of us in St. Louis really wanted Franklin, but you don't always get what you want.

Well, he has gotten me 11 and 9 points in the two games he has played, which is decent for a RB3 (flex) in my league. I just can't get past the fact that SF DEF is giving up the 2nd most fantasy points to RB's this season. I mean, according to that, this is the week you want to start him. So this week, he could have a monster game, or go out after two plays again. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

For the remainder of the season I will just have to take a wait and see approach if I can trust him playing through injury i guess. :dunno:

My hope is to chaulk it up to a fluke game where the Rams got behind quick and abandoned the run, hope DR goes off this week, and then bundle that pansy up with somebody else and trade this headache. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

I am going to trust him as my RB6 on my bench behind Spiller, T-Rich, Morris, SJax, and L. Miller. Someone in my league dropped him and I am going to pick him up to stash as an injury fill-in or to package him in a deal later on.

As far as this week with the Thursday night curse and all, I wouldn't start him. I like him as an emergency start, but definitely not as my every week flex. I do question his toughness and I would try to upgrade if possible.

I understand a foot injury, but you are healthy enough to go at game time....then it gets "stepped on" and you have to go out the rest of the game, only to declare yourself ready to go 4 days later?? Is this guy tough enough to trust any time there is a Questionable status around him going forward? Have we seen enough from him to know if he is a guy who can play through injuries, or someone who gets benched for a hang nail?

I got screwed last week and not sure if I should trust him again. The 49's Def is giving up the 2nd most points to RB's though and looks like it may be a juicy match up IF no one steps on his foot. Pierre Thomas value is rising and I have him in a .5 PPR league. In the end, I think I have to go with the more proven back rather than take a high risk high reward option.

like i said after the first week . i like pead more and i see him pead taking over a little more work over richardson

I'm rolling with him, but only because I have to. My other option right now is Ryan Mathews...I'm not worried about his production if he plays. He's pretty solid in ppr and I expect 12-15 points if he does play. But, I started him last week, he put up a donut, I lost by 2. So not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I'm rolling with him, but only because I have to. My other option right now is Ryan Mathews...I'm not worried about his production if he plays. He's pretty solid in ppr and I expect 12-15 points if he does play. But, I started him last week, he put up a donut, I lost by 2. So not exactly a ringing endorsement.

amen

I'm currently sitting him for the combo of Spiller and FJax. Not a great option I know, but I just don't like this situation. Thursday games and their crappy FF stats. How good is the foot? The Niners aren't really that bad against the run, are they? I survived the goose egg last week, but fool me once...

I really hate these guys who always think THEIR players aren't supposed to get injured like it's some fluke... In fantasy and real life football it's the norm, these guys are tough but the game is tougher than all of them. Stop moaning like a NOOB and play in a bunch of leagues so it evens out. That's one of the biggest parts of the luck, excitement, and skill of the game anyway. If you don't like it, go play checkers.

I'm currently sitting him for the combo of Spiller and FJax. Not a great option I know, but I just don't like this situation. Thursday games and their crappy FF stats. How good is the foot? The Niners aren't really that bad against the run, are they? I survived the goose egg last week, but fool me once...

I'm having second thoughts, thinking of starting him. Any latest on his health?

I can't decide whether to bench him or start Bradshaw. Both look like a time share this week.

Mine is him or Bell (Steelers).....I'm leaning toward Bell, so you should start him he's likely to go for 120 and 2

to think for half a season last year they kept Sjax on the bench for this dud

Watch him have a good night tonight. Not as a lucky fluke, he's an NFL quality runner, perception on this guy doesn't match reality.

Pead is inactive....I'm starting Richardson

Thanks for the info; this is enough for me to start him. Of course I'll blame you if he bombs. :doublethumbsup:

Watch him have a good night tonight. Not as a lucky fluke, he's an NFL quality runner, perception on this guy doesn't match reality.

***jots down on my notebook names of people who I should not take seriously***

Richardson looks bad - but I'm pretty convinced the entire offense is worthless at this point because the line is just terrible.

Their run game is garbage, it's not all on him. Kinda like the giants run game. He's likely droppable, you're better off throwing 3rd down backs in there. And he plays in a brutal division to boot, as far as Ds go...

***jots down on my notebook names of people who I should not take seriously***

Not like I started the guy or anything... I said 2 weeks ago his typical weekly stats will mirror cedric benson's. Obviously he was worse than I thought though tonight but the line is terrible.

Just dropped for Bryce Brown.......at least I have a chance at some point with Brown.

I was literally seconds away from submitting the roster change to start him when I heard Pead was out. Thank God I didn't actually pull the trigger. The only thing that stopped me was the thought over and over that I am .5 PPR and even if P. Thomas doesn't produce in rush yards, he will likely match anything D Rich puts up by the number of receptions he gets.

Finally, I made a decent decision. All other scenarios this year up to this point have gone against me.