Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Give up Moreno/Mathews for Ridley?

I'm being offered Ridley. I give up Moreno and Mathews. Do I do this? Help me out? Standard scoring. Here are my RBs:

McCoy, CJ2K, Murray, Moreno, Mathews, Tate, B.Bolden

leave a link and I'll respond.

Yup. I would do this deal in a hot second. Ridley has far more upside. And your top 2 spots are solidified. You don't need that many rb's. If anything happens to Ridley, you will have Bolden as a handcuff. Moreno is in a triumvirate, and Matthews gets vultured at the goal line/not involved in the no huddle O.

Before you make that trade, how are your receivers? You seem pretty strong at RB, yes Ridley may have upside but probably not going to start for you very often unless he gets really hot down the stretch. You probably would do better to upgrade at reciever or whatever position you're weak at

my WRs are AJGreen, Fitzgerald, Wallace, and Gordon. So I feel pretty good at WR.

I should add that another alternative that was offered (besides the one listed above) is this:

I give Moreno/Tate/Gordon for Ridley/Edelman/Hilton. The main difference is that in this second scenario I keep Mathews but instead give up Gordon, who has big upside. I gain two WRs that are okay, not great (Edelman/Hilton).

With that, anything change with the way you'd advise me?

If that's the case instead of packaging your bench backs for a better bench back I'd see what I could swing for Murray/CJ etc for an upgrade on your starting second back and keep Moreno for byes and injuries. Personally I'm a quality over quantity, you're playing for a championship right? If anything I'd hold off till later in the season if your worried about injuries and not having any depth at RB

you make a good point about "quality over quantity". Where I differ with you is that I don't view Ridley as a "better bench back". If I did, I wouldn't make the trade. I view him as an RB who could start for me as one of my top 3. I'm buying low on him with the hopes I can use him as one of my top 3.

If you feel Ridley is going to turn it around then yes definitely do the trade. I have a different opinion on that but if he's going to start for you, you should do it.