Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Being held accountable...Some of you suck!

I'm tired of people just posting stuff just to post it. Guys have never seen a player play and will call him a super star in the making. I come to these forums to hear what the gurus have to say not some idiot claiming to know things.

Broyles in gonna blow up...Well whoever posted that should be able to post his opinion anymore. Yes everyone misses once in awhile I'm talking about the guys who miss everytime but claim to know things. Lets start keeping track of guys who know their stuff and guys who don't.

Who would you consider a good poster? I'd like to know so I can track him and not some of these idiots posting about Douglas,Mcluster...

:wave:

I own it when I'm right or wrong....sometimes it takes multiple weeks to decide which is which.

FWIW: Non-Broyles owner. Non-Douglas owner. Non-McCluster owner.

;)

I mostly disagree with Murf but he owns it too.

Jordan Cameron?

:lol:

I don't know a single FF guru...A bunch of self-proclaimed ones, sure. I doubt anyone had all of the following ranked outside the top 10 at the start of the season - Martin, T Rich, Spiller, and Morris. All of them have an uphill battle to find their way into the top 10 by season's end.

Ultimately, you need to be the one to figure out what's good info and what's trash.

As for a good poster...There are a few opinions I value, but I don't want to give anyone a big head.

Somebody having a bad year in FF?? If you have to take advice from a forum and not your gut, well then you deserve to lose. :wave:

• Like 2

8=========D

Use of the 8 instead of the double U makes for a more accurate looking Bobbyn

Maybe for you young guys.

At 40+? Trust me, they're UU

Shame on you for not taking it all with a grain of salt. All of this. Opinions with a capital O.

Quite honestly, Broyles was a hot pick and play on Rotoworld, ESPN, Yahoo etc. In theory it sounded good, slot receiver, decent speed, knows the system, passing offense, etc.

In fact, Saint Silva at Rotoworld said the following about the aforementioned Broyles: "Patient Broyles owners are about to be rewarded, potentially in a major way. The Lions play high-volume passing offense, are getting efficient quarterback play, and Burleson is out until November with a fractured arm. Burleson quietly ranked 11th in the NFL in receptions through the first three weeks. Running high-percentage routes, Broyles will be a plug-and-play WR3 for the foreseeable future..."

Did I start him?? Nah. It just didn't make sense. Too many variables, ACL, little game action - why in the world would anyone expect him to "blow up", whether it be Expert or Average Joe?

However, the coaching staff, not giving a rats arse about fantasy football and if a player is "for real", they just gameplan to win. Who would have thought that Brandon Pettigrew would be the beneficiary of more targets and receptions in the absence of Nate Burleson?

Not Rotoworld, not ESPN, and not yahoo. It's all subjective. To continue on Mr. Silva, "I don't necessarily see Pettigrew, Scheffler, or Fauria experiencing major leaps in production. Broyles will slide right into Burleson's role, and Detroit likely won't miss a beat. It can't help that Pettigrew and Scheffler have been ineffective real-life players..."

Notice his use of the words "likely" "potentially" .. FF-speak for OPINIONS.

All that said, the person setting the lineup is YOU. You can't run to the bank just because someone with and opinion and an outlet to make it visible (therefore justifying it as credible) said so.

I will say, last week - did Calvin Johnson "blow up"?? If not for the TD, his 40 yard receiving performance would have been a monumental disappointment. So if he did "meh".. did anyone really think Broyles would light it up?

Now this week against the Packers... Hmmmmm... But I digress.

You like a guy, play him. He blows up - you are a genius. He stinks - don't blame Sam Smith on FFWhatever.com

message boards like these are meant for opinions, however most here spout very uneducated opinions. The biggest thing about this community is the need for MOST posters to just relieve anxiety about their roster.

Joe Schmoe will blow up this week!

No logic to support said statement. Statement made simply because of the level of anxiety they're experiencing about said player and the roster as a whole. Sharing said anxiety with others and getting a reaction, pro or con, helps alleviate said anxiety to a certain extent. It's really simple psychology actually. A major part of internet communities devolve into this model actually. Even crap like facebook, the need to let people know you've just taken a dump is simply a psychological condition, a need for acceptance, a need to feel you're alive, you matter. No one matters in the big picture, the sooner you realize that, the less anxiety you'll experience as a whole...And getting back to the topic at hand...NO ONE cares about your team. For christ's sake bring some logic to a discussion or keep your mouth shut and die a slow death while agonizing about your terrible team. Seriously, no one cares...

I think I'm right more often than I'm wrong and that's all you can really ask for. It's all guesswork, it's just that some people put a little more thought and analysis behind their guesses than others.

• Like 1

OP, If you base your picks solely on what people hear say, you're wasting your time/money playing Fantasy Football.

Speaking of being accountable; admit you suck so bad that you rely on advice here. Go do your own focking work, research the players and make your own focking decisions.

P.S. I wouldn't start Peyton Manning, Jordon Cameron or Dree Brees this week.

Just look for posters who back up their opinions with some logic and a few facts. There's about a dozen (maybe less) posters around here who have just a little better feel for FF than the rest of us. I am not one of those posters. And so far nobody who has responded in this thread is one of those posters. There is literally 99% mindless banter on this board and I'm probably part of that 99%. Find the 1% of useful information and you'll be a few steps ahead of your league mates.

Somebody having a bad year in FF?? If you have to take advice from a forum and not your gut, well then you deserve to lose. :wave:

Agreed, besides these GURU's really don't know anymore than your typical FFB player. If fact I am tired of reading their crap and watching their shows. I like this site because of people expressing their gut feelings, sometimes they are right, sometimes wrong. I am 50 and have been retired for 6 years now, I spend a lot of time during football season doing research and playing FFB in big money leagues. I wonder if some of these guys that has shows do any research at all, or do they just look at other peoples rankings and tweak it. Its like stocks, all speculation on past performance, upside and what it is against... that's all

Just look for posters who back up their opinions with some logic and a few facts. There's about a dozen (maybe less) posters around here who have just a little better feel for FF than the rest of us. I am not one of those posters. And so far nobody who has responded in this thread is one of those posters. There is literally 99% mindless banter on this board and I'm probably part of that 99%. Find the 1% of useful information and you'll be a few steps ahead of your league mates.

Are you having some sort of spiritual crisis or something?

"Who am I?" :lol:

Are you having some sort of spiritual crisis or something?

"Who am I?" :lol:

And then some.

I'm trying to sympathize with the OP. It sucks being 0-4 because you started Broyles over Hill....oh...I guess it didn't matter.

lol. after reading this thread its uumadbro.

:nono:

UU mad bro?

• Like 1

All the opinions here are either regurgitated opinions or based on what people have seen with their own eyes, though mostly the former.

You should rely on yourself first and foremost. Try to scout video, whether Youtube or elsewhere and look at combine type results. And if you're going to rely on any opinion, might as well look at scouting reports by relative professionals.

OP has nobody to blame but himself.

8=========D

Use of the 8 instead of the double U makes for a more accurate looking Bobbyn

Youre both wrong.(_)_)=======)

It is the best digi peniis there is.

I'm not saying everyone sucks. We have some great posters. Guys who back things up and have a good eye for talent. I'm talking about the dumb ones who just post stuff and are always wrong. I'm 4-0 by the way and if it wasn't for some of you I wouldn't have drafted Cameron,Nelson,Garçon,Brown did I miss with Spiller and Wilson but its early and I have faith in both of them. All I'm saying is lets give more props to the good posters and lets make then golden members or something.

I'm guilty of contributing to the Broyles hype last week. I was just as disappointed as everyone else who was rooting for him to blow up! :dunno: FF life goes on!

• Like 1

I mostly disagree with Murf but he owns it too.

Jordan Cameron?

:lol:

Yeah I owned it the day he broke out. But I drafted him as my #2, so how stupid was I in reality? My reason for drafting him was just different than everyone elses.

I think I'm right more often than I'm wrong and that's all you can really ask for. It's all guesswork, it's just that some people put a little more thought and analysis behind their guesses than others.

I will strongly disagree.

Yeah I owned it the day he broke out. But I drafted him as my #2, so how stupid was I in reality? My reason for drafting him was just different than everyone elses.

:cheers:

I'm here now. :wave:

I'm here now. :wave:

You might have the best signature. FF wise, you're meh.

I'm not saying everyone sucks. We have some great posters. Guys who back things up and have a good eye for talent. I'm talking about the dumb ones who just post stuff and are always wrong. I'm 4-0 by the way and if it wasn't for some of you I wouldn't have drafted Cameron,Nelson,Garçon,Brown did I miss with Spiller and Wilson but its early and I have faith in both of them. All I'm saying is lets give more props to the good posters and lets make then golden members or something.

We're called "Silverbacks". And there's no notation, you just hafta know who we are.

I read the boards to get a feel for how the average FF owner feels about players. It helps me gauge WW value when I play in my leagues. It's not like I'm going up against FF experts every week.

On a side note, I love the projections they provide on nfl.com. The summaries go something like "Team A is projected to win by 30 points. Teams projected to win by that margin have won 40% of the time."

My advices are always sound. Do a search and you'll never hear me talking about a guy like R. Boyles. Only a 'novice' FFBaller would start a WR that is playing his first extended minute in a football game.

I do agree there's folks on here posting and acting like they are GURU when they have no idea what the fock they are talking about.

I agree with one of the above posters...

The incorrect opinions don't bother me. The constant need for approval by a someone you've never met...that's what bothers me and that's what kills this site during the season.

Its much more enjoyable when the swallows leave for Mexico.

There's plenty of knowledgeable posters/threads on these boreds but it's become tough to find them due to all the WSIS & other worthless topics focused on individual teams.

Also, the title of this thread is comical. "Replying to being held accountable.... Some of you suck!" So since the OP can't do any personal research or develop his/her own opinion, it's the person who made the prediction's fault for you following along blindly? You've got to be kidding me, right? It's folks like this that set a lineup purely based on the projected points that ESPN, Yahoo, or whatever site lays out weekly.

The OP should hold himself accountable for not basing an original opinion to set a lineup. We all look to one another for advice/opinions but there's only one person hitting the submit lineup button on the computer.

My advices are always sound. Do a search and you'll never hear me talking about a guy like R. Boyles. Only a 'novice' FFBaller would start a WR that is playing his first extended minute in a football game.

I do agree there's folks on here posting and acting like they are GURU when they have no idea what the fock they are talking about.

My opponent started Broyles this week, and was sleeping on his TE situation (Olsen on a bye, Reed hurt) and was starting Fred Davis. So, he had 2 players that got him nothing. Despite his sick 1 and 2 RBs (Sproles and Forte in PPR) he could not beat my sick Broncos tripple kick.

ETA: If I was him, I woulda started Hartline, but he didn't do much either.