Sign in to follow this  
bytheway

Jordan Cameron & Josh Gordon going forward with Weeden

I have Josh Gordon and he will have to start for me most weeks (my other WRs are Cobb & Wallace). I have the opportunity to make a trade with the owner of Cameron & Julius Thomas. He is offering me Cameron, but I am considering asking for Julius instead.

Two questions for you all:

1. Would you be comfortable starting Cameron & Gordon together? Especially now that it is Weeden throwing to them instead of Hoyer.

2. Going forward, between Julius & Cameron, who would I be likely to need to give up more to acquire?

Thanks.

oh..listen to the browns homers here...the browns under weeden are going to the superbowl. Their team is stacked with all pro players. weeden is the 2nd coming of marino and from here on out he will throw for the 5k yards tommy maddox was supposed to throw for. They are in first in their division and are obviously the best team in the nfl.......no it is going to be hard to trust either one going forward....certainly not both at the same time.

I roll with both and am FAR from a Browns homer, they are super talented specimens. Its not about Hoyer or Weeden, its about their athleticism.

Weedon is a serviceable QB and the Browns are basically a passing team. Their current pace would have them throwing for almost 4,300 yards and 20 or so TDs. That's plenty to keep Gordon and Cameron healthy.

Now, what should really worry you is if anything happens to Weedon. One look at Jason Campbell in there will make you long for the days of Weedon.

Weedon is a serviceable QB and the Browns are basically a passing team. Their current pace would have them throwing for almost 4,300 yards and 20 or so TDs. That's plenty to keep Gordon and Cameron healthy.

Now, what should really worry you is if anything happens to Weedon. One look at Jason Campbell in there will make you long for the days of Weedon.

This.

I have Josh Gordon and he will have to start for me most weeks (my other WRs are Cobb & Wallace). I have the opportunity to make a trade with the owner of Cameron & Julius Thomas. He is offering me Cameron, but I am considering asking for Julius instead.

Two questions for you all:

1. Would you be comfortable starting Cameron & Gordon together? Especially now that it is Weeden throwing to them instead of Hoyer.

2. Going forward, between Julius & Cameron, who would I be likely to need to give up more to acquire?

Thanks.

i like them both ..but i like manning to julius a lot more

• Like 1

At this point, I agree with weepaws, and I would prefer Julius to Cameron. Before I make a counter to the other owner, I wanted to get a feel from the masses if the perceived difference in value is considerable or slight.

Any thoughts on this?

This is the worst week ever to try and trade for Julius. You're buying high.

I still want the guy who is a #1 or at least 1A in his offense (Cameron) versus a guy who is normally a #4 (Thomas), albeit on a smoking hot offense.

We've seen 3 times in a row Julius post 47 yards or less. Granted, he salvaged a couple of those by getting in the endzone, but that's a fine line to walk. Cameron has been a target and catch monster in all but 1 game.

I don't know... I have Cameron, and I'd rather have Julius - with Manning as his QB, vs. Weedon. Weedon!!! Seriously?!? :doh: