Sign in to follow this  
TheUsualSuspect

JAX @ DEN

LVH has it at 27.5... The relevance being that this has the potential of being the largest point spread in NFL history.

The irony is that Peyton could possibly have his lowest production of the season as I expect him to be pulled mid third quarter... Maybe a modest 280 with 3TDs.

Knowshon owners- Have Fun.

i think that this game will be closer than expected... Henne and the Jags might be able to put up some points if they commit to the pass... i think the broncos D has been exposed.

That said i still expect them to win by 14-17 pts... but i could see the jags getting up for this game :thumbsup:...

Blackmon and Shorts III owners rejoice!

i think that this game will be closer than expected... Henne and the Jags might be able to put up some points if they commit to the pass... i think the broncos D has been exposed.

That said i still expect them to win by 14-17 pts... but i could see the jags getting up for this game :thumbsup:...

Yeah right. Game will be over by second quarter.

As a Shorts owner, I'm hoping for some garbage time.

Garbage time could make this a dangerous game to take the points. They could pull the starters at 42-14/35-7 in third quarter and then Henne, Shorts and Blackmon could clean up in a 42-21 or 42-28 final.

This is has some truth but for the wong reasons.... I agree however this will be the only week to expect this.... Denvers Def wasnt exposed.... Romo played lights out - But With Champ and Miller coming back in week 7 dont expect other teams to keep up with denver like dallas did!

Denver has given up at least 20 pts a game, so if they have a defense they aren't showing it. Reminds me of the old patriots, no need for any defense because they will run up the score daring you to keep up.

So far, the offense is Denver's defensive MVP. Once somebody catches up (if) and holds them under 24 the Broncos are in deep shtt.

Garbage time could make this a dangerous game to take the points. They could pull the starters at 42-14/35-7 in third quarter and then Henne, Shorts and Blackmon could clean up in a 42-21 or 42-28 final.

Agreed. The only threat of Denver not covering is if they call off the dogs early in the second half and allows 2 or 3 garbage time TDs.

HOWEVER, we know how much Peyton loves to pad his stats. He is very aware of stats, records, etc. He genuinely is a student of NFL history. He pulls out numbers in interviews that even the announcers aren't aware of. Therefore, I can see Denver keeping the hammer down on offense well into the 4th quarter.

Are you serious? That's the spread? Holly s***!

I am starting Manning, Moreno and Decker until that train goes off the tracks.

i think the broncos D has been exposed.

Denver has given up at least 20 pts a game, so if they have a defense they aren't showing it. Reminds me of the old patriots, no need for any defense because they will run up the score daring you to keep up.

So far, the offense is Denver's defensive MVP. Once somebody catches up (if) and holds them under 24 the Broncos are in deep shtt.

Down 5 starters most every defense in the league would have struggled in that game.

Down 5 starters most every defense in the league would have struggled in that game.

I have Denver D, too. Was not a good week. They are inches away from having another TD on the year (idiot dropped the ball before he crossed the end zone line) and they have Bailey and Miller coming back. Nowhere to go but up for the Denver DST.

Peyton, Knowshon, Demaryius, Welker have their worst game of the year because they will be pulled by halftime.

If the Broncos are going to pull their starters it isn't going to happen until at least a few of their offensive players put up some gaudy stats. How is the majority of their offense going to have a bad game and yet score a bunch of points?

If the Broncos are going to pull their starters it isn't going to happen until at least a few of their offensive players put up some gaudy stats. How is the majority of their offense going to have a bad game and yet score a bunch of points?

Because of Broncos DST crushing the Jax offense and there being plenty of 3 and outs, turnovers, good chance of a pick 6, punt returned for TD, ect. The Broncos will have a short field to work with every time they get the ball and starters will start getting pulled with a 3-4 touchdown lead. If you need a game to refer to there's the Seattle game. I see Peyton getting something like 200 yards 3 TDs before being pulled.

the spread is realistic for Vegas, not earth.. all 26.5 means is loose money will think DEN should be up by 50, and win by 27 after garbage time, that's it

in reality, these monster spread games usually disappoint, although Denver should win by a measly 17 to 21.

the spread is realistic for Vegas, not earth.. all 26.5 means is loose money will think DEN should be up by 50, and win by 27 after garbage time, that's it

in reality, these monster spread games usually disappoint, although Denver should win by a measly 17 to 21.

Hawks covered their monster spread, why cant Denver? Dont get me wrong, im well aware that the nfl isnt fantasy candy xmas land where everything happens as it should, but were talking an all time great offense vs a team that lost me my bet vs the raiders hoping to cover their spread, and the hawks the week after.

Also for fun ill remind myself of the time I bet Rutgers to cover a 50pnt spread vs Nebraska. Pretty sure Neb won 56-3, it was years ago.

Hawks covered their monster spread, why cant Denver? Dont get me wrong, im well aware that the nfl isnt fantasy candy xmas land where everything happens as it should, but were talking an all time great offense vs a team that lost me my bet vs the raiders hoping to cover their spread, and the hawks the week after.

Also for fun ill remind myself of the time I bet Rutgers to cover a 50pnt spread vs Nebraska. Pretty sure Neb won 56-3, it was years ago.

LOL.. well Denver should win by 56 really, it's just doubtful they go Alabama vs ball st on this.

Because of Broncos DST crushing the Jax offense and there being plenty of 3 and outs, turnovers, good chance of a pick 6, punt returned for TD, ect. The Broncos will have a short field to work with every time they get the ball and starters will start getting pulled with a 3-4 touchdown lead. If you need a game to refer to there's the Seattle game. I see Peyton getting something like 200 yards 3 TDs before being pulled.

Denver's defense is no where near Seattles. Also, we played that game without Blackmon. Denver has given up 30th most points to WR's this year. The Jags WR's IMO will have a big game (both Blackmon and Shorts) with Henne throwing. I realize the Jags offense is far from good, but Henne isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and throw the ball and Blackmon makes our offense significantly better. And after saying all that, this is going to be a blow out, but I don't think it'll be the way you described above.

for what its worth, my cash in Vegas would take JAX and the points, plus I would leverage a couple parlays on it too... the donkeys barely beat DAL, they will beat JAC, but not bt 27.

anyone know the over/under?

O/U 54

Moneyline -6600/+2000

Bet $10 for the Jags to make history, and win 2k?

are those straight odds.. no spread???

no, not quite that confident, i do like em with the 27 tho :clap:

I remember a few years back in the patriots epic 2007 season they had a monster 22+ point spread against a 1 win Miami team late in the year and NE got up 28-0 at half then didn't score in the 2nd. the dolpins got one "meaningless" td and lost 28-7. Miami covered. I don't recall the patriots benching anyone either and that pats team had a better defense than denvers. jax and the points is probably the play. its really hard to win by 4 tds in the nfl against anyone. there will be some pride to be played for on the jags.