Sign in to follow this  
chaos21

Trade remedy advice - commissioner help

Here is the delima (sorry if this is not the forum for this)

Team A trades: M. Lynch and R. Wayne to Team B for P. Rivers and S. Smith

As Commissioner - I see no issues with the trade.....

Here is the background:

the league is a league where you keep two players from your previous year (not same position)

Team A kept A.P and R. Wayne Team b kept A. Rodgers and M.Forte

Team A : had first pick in the draft and drafted M. Lynch (D. Brees and P.Manning available) I say bad move on his part...Now needs a QB..

Another team in the league is saying the trade should be rejected: here is his email message:

Let's see here,team A had the current #1 and #2 rated QBs available to them to draft with the first overall pick. Instead, they took the RB they now want to unload. I think that superior drafting should be rewarded so I vote to let Mr. Lynch stay with his current team and reject this trade.

Me as commissioner is thinks the trade should be allowed.....

I am considering putting this traqde up to a vote in the league (it is a 12 team league)... Should I let the league decide? I would ask nine teams to vote (Team A and Team B and myself excluded) ..Is this right?

Stick with your initial reaction and let the trade through. Team A should not be penalized from not drafting Bree's or Manning first. That's the point of trades, to improve the team you drafted. It's only one complaint, not the whole league.

• Like 1

Draft day value ends the day of the draft.

Week 16 you look back at the draft and will find a bunch of crap that should not have been taken that high.

Lets see, as an example, in two days after labor day. I think the consensus #2 rb that should have been taken was Doug Martin.

In my league he went #6 and looking at RB value today. He is #18. ranked behind Danny Woodhead whom I just FA today.

Looking at this deal. It is really Lynch and Wayne for Rivers.

Given the player giving 2 for 1 is in the position of need. and I assume they propose the trade. I think this is an acceptable deal. If team B proposed, then I thnk Team A gave too much.

Now, is it a good deal for Team A in the end. It depends if at the end of the season this trade gets them there / what prevents them from getting there is ultimately being on the wrong end of this deal. This we won't know for weeks to come.

Team getting Smith is likely to drop his sorry ass as quickly as possible, imo.

Tell the other owner to explain how else these two would one come up with a balanced trade, where only one QB is involved.