Sign in to follow this  
uflouie

AP dealing with serious family medical issue

Pretty sad story coming out of South Dakota that involves AP. Highy possible he may not play this weekend. Life is bigger than football

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20131011/NEWS/310110023/2-year-old-critical-condition?nclick_check=1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/10/peterson-remains-in-south-dakota-for-very-serious-family-medical-issue/

Updated said he will play in his press conference.

Edited by uflouie
Thread title is mis-leading

That's a very sad story. I hate when these kinds of things happen to children. That being said, how does this relate to Adrian Peterson? :dunno:

Not to make light of the story...but maybe it somehow relates through the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon theory...I will start you with the thing I saw in the article...you get it to AP.

Nick Lowrey contributed to this report.

Ok, so maybe it wasn't the former kicker of the Chiefs...

That's a very sad story. I hate when these kinds of things happen to children. That being said, how does this relate to Adrian Peterson? :dunno:

It's his kid.

It's his kid.

1st off, where does it say it's his kid?

2nd, it says the team expected him to return to practice on Friday. Not sure where you're coming up with the fact that he may miss the game.

Maybe you're right & maybe you're wrong but it's speculative journalism/reporting like this that's what's wrong in the media today. Everyone is so selfish in trying to be the 1st person to report a story without having all the facts straight that leads to inaccurate stories.

There are many different news stories than this one discussing the matter. Why link the one that doesn't mention him?

There are many different news stories than this one discussing the matter. Why link the one that doesn't mention him?

Looks like someone at the paper has been deleting the comments. There were several comments on the local paper link stating why he was there. Added profootballtalk.com link

While it may be true that this is his kid, why no report from Rotoworld/PFT/etc........?

Kind of a doosh move to post this without a tie in to ADP. :thumbsdown:

it is on PFT

Forget the game...

There are other happens in life that is far more important. I have 2 kids of my own and if anyone ever laid a hand on them, i will do everything in my power to make sure that individual lives his final days in hell.

Alright...yes, it has been said its his kid...the OP was a poor use of the first article and I apologize for making a bad Nick Lowry joke.

Looks like someone at the paper has been deleting the comments. There were several comments on the local paper link stating why he was there. Added profootballtalk.com link

I didn't see any comments, that's why I asked my question. I can see now (from the PFT link) how it involves AP. Thanks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/11/report-petersons-son-beaten-in-critical-condition/

When reports emerged that Vikings running backAdrian Peterson missed practice and traveled to South Dakota due to a “medical issue involving [a] young family member that likely will be a police matter,” several tipsters linked the news to reports from Sioux Falls of a man named Robert Joseph Patterson charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant, who is in critical condition.

TMZ reports that the link indeed exists, and that Peterson’s two-year-old son is in critical condition after being severely beaten, allegedly by Patterson.

Wow. It takes a special kind of sick fock to abuse any kid, let alone a 2 year old. I hope they string that bastard up by his balls.

Well, that is pretty focked up. You have to feel for the guy and hope that the kid recovers. You also have to hope that the alleged perpetrator is strung up by his balls.

In the meantime, do we look at Toby Gerhart as a good fit this weekend? :unsure:

This is so sad, it's indeed his son. The kid will prob die or be braindead. How awful, what dude beats up Adrian petersons 2yr old son while banging his ex? Would you beat up Floyd maywethers nephew?

While it may be true that this is his kid, why no report from Rotoworld/PFT/etc........?

Not as much of a doosh move as calling somebody out for posting a story that is extremely relevant to fantasy football on a fantasy football message board.

• Like 2

Alright...yes, it has been said its his kid...the OP was a poor use of the first article and I apologize for making a bad Nick Lowry joke.

Nothing wrong with the Nick Lowry joke......I laughed......We all deal with situations like this differently, none (within reason) are any better or worse than others.

Terrible story. He was, however, back at practice today so it doesn't appear as if he'll miss playing this week. Not to sound like a POS but he may run with extreme rage on Sunday.

Not as much of a doosh move as calling somebody out for posting a story that is extremely relevant to fantasy football on a fantasy football message board.

Reading is fundamental...................the Op's post had a link to a story that had no mention to ADP which was pointed out by others here.

Follow the posts in the thread..........

:itsatip:

Terrible story. He was, however, back at practice today so it doesn't appear as if he'll miss playing this week. Not to sound like a POS but he may run with extreme rage on Sunday.

I didn't want to bring it up either but can you imagine AP running even angrier than he already does? That truck hit he put on the Steelers DB a few years ago was classic! Plowed him over & then damn near stomped his face into Heinz field.

Reading is fundamental...................the Op's post had a link to a story that had no mention to ADP which was pointed out by others here.

Follow the posts in the thread..........

:itsatip:

Reading more than 1 source is fundamental. Do you take everything you read (linked or not) on this site as true? Do you look to verify the things you learn here, or do you blindly follow them? It was very simple to verify the original post in this thread, and it was extremely appropriate for the OP to post it.

• Like 1

Reading more than 1 source is fundamental. Do you take everything you read (linked or not) on this site as true? Do you look to verify the things you learn here, or do you blindly follow them? It was very simple to verify the original post in this thread, and it was extremely appropriate for the OP to post it.

If you can't understand that the Op bears the responsibility for posting pertinent links proving their claim, you probably need to finish up getting your GED and come back later.

Just admit you focked up trying to call me out and be done with it.

If you can't understand that the Op bears the responsibility for posting pertinent links proving their claim, you probably need to finish up getting your GED and come back later.

Just admit you focked up trying to call me out and be done with it.

Why don't you admit that you were the one being a doosh by calling the OP a doosh. You brought nothing to the thread, and contributed to bringing useless clutter to the board that people have to sort through for relevant information. Your post was a bigger problem than the OP's.

For the record, me and you bickering back and forth is doing the same thing, my apologies to the rest of you for having to read this instead of fantasy football related information. I respectfully agree to disagree with you Mr. Fernadez.

Patterson called police at 5:43 p.m. Wednesday, reporting the child had choking injuries

Are we sure it's not Tony Romo's kid?

:unsure:

Settle down people. It's a joke

Terrible story. And AP seems like a good guy in a sport full of scumbags

actually I heard about it at 8am this morning from a Minneapolis based Fantasy Victory web master on the Steve Czaban Show on Yahoo Radio -- he said the child was likely APs and there was no other family around to be there for him-- not really sure what your beef is and why it even is relative ?

as far as PFT -- that site is a joke as is Mike Florio and his undying love for anything Bob Kraft

life IS bigger than football. I think the best thing AP could do, is go out sunday and score 4-5 tds for his little boy. hornor his life AP, honor it,

6-7 receptions would help honor his life too

just make sure you hang onto the ball, i get -2 for fumbles.

:bench:

all I have to say, is how the hell is AP even at practice, much less gonna play in the game. Me, I wouldnt leave my son's side, I could give a ###### less about a stupid football game

maybe thats just me, but I also dont have multiple baby mommas, so maybe its a cultural thing.

I think its pretty bad that the article specifically says not AP jr, so like everything will be fine with AP

Adrian Peterson just addressed the media ... and thanked everyone for their support in the wake of the terrible tragedy involving his 2-year-old son.

Adrian told reporters he's dealing with the situation privately ... but insisted he WILL be playing with the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

We broke the story ... Adrian's 2-year-old was severely beaten by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

The suspect was arrested for assault and battery.

As for the child, we're told his injuries are so bad, that he's not expected to survive.

SOOOOO...his son may not survive from beating beaten to death and he is already confirming he will play Sunday? Very weird

Adrian Peterson just addressed the media ... and thanked everyone for their support in the wake of the terrible tragedy involving his 2-year-old son.

Adrian told reporters he's dealing with the situation privately ... but insisted he WILL be playing with the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

We broke the story ... Adrian's 2-year-old was severely beaten by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

The suspect was arrested for assault and battery.

As for the child, we're told his injuries are so bad, that he's not expected to survive.

SOOOOO...his son may not survive from beating beaten to death and he is already confirming he will play Sunday? Very weird

Well, this is (at least) his 3rd child. He has a daughter and a son, Adrian Jr., which ADP's father indicated is not the injured child. It might be that ADP has some kids that he does not necessarily spend a lot of time with on an ongoing basis. I have heard of worse in sports.

He might be a great football player but his action and relationship with this 2 year old son is pretty pathetic. The kid might not live pass this weekend and he's not only practicing but declared he will play.

• Like 1

Well, this is (at least) his 3rd child. He has a daughter and a son, Adrian Jr., which ADP's father indicated is not the injured child. It might be that ADP has some kids that he does not necessarily spend a lot of time with on an ongoing basis. I have heard of worse in sports.

Well obviously he isnt very close to that child which sucks, but it is what it is..