Sign in to follow this  
FenixTx972

Dallas Cowboys possibly trading for RB

News out of Dallas is Cowboys are souring on Murray as full time RB.

Appearing on GameDay Morning, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported the Cowboys are not sold on DeMarco Murray as their long-term feature back.

Rapoport suggested the Cowboys aren't sold on Murray due to durability concerns. (He's going to miss his tenth game in three seasons Sunday.) Dallas may look to make a move for a running back at the trade deadline, RapSheet reported, though they'll take a long look at Joseph Randle, who's getting Sunday's start against the Eagles. Murray doesn't do a good enough job at avoiding contact because he is so stiff-hipped. Battling an MCL injury, Murray's return date is unknown. But it's clear he can't handle the workload the Cowboys tried giving him early in the season and expect to hold up. Oct 20 - 10:44 AM

Who could they trade for? Would be a season maker if we could figure out some targets before news is official.

RB's are a dime a dozen, I'd love for my Panthers to trade Stewart or D'Angelo for like a 4th rounder.

RB's are a dime a dozen, I'd love for my Panthers to trade Stewart or D'Angelo for like a 4th rounder.

:lol: :lol:

Joique Bell would fit nice there IMO

Was thinking the same thing.

McFadden

He is in the last year of his contract. I'd be pissed if we gave up draft picks for what basically amounts to a half a season rental. Almost never does a team trading for one player ever put them over the top. Jerry thinks bcoz he is leading this sorry ass divsion that his team is better than it is - it would be a huge mistake.

Joique Bell would fit nice there IMO

Welcome to Madden. Detroit isn't going to trade Joique. Leshoure? Possibly...but now way they trade Joique. He's too much of a compliment to Bush.

Peirre Thomas would be awesome in Dallas.

Now this could make some sense. Thomas is signed thru 2014 and has a very manageable contract. Depends on the price though - my boys aren't deep enough to be sending away 1st and 2nd round picks for just anyone.

Now this could make some sense. Thomas is signed thru 2014 and has a very manageable contract. Depends on the price though - my boys are deep enough to be sending away 1st and 2nd round picks for just anyone.

If NO is sending anyone packing it would be Ingram.... I think they keep all their RB's. especially after seeing what Ivory did last week

If NO is sending anyone packing it would be Ingram.... I think they keep all their RB's. especially after seeing what Ivory did last week

To be honest I have not seen him play much. He does have a pretty reasonable contract, and he is also signed thru 2014. Maybe worth looking into.

if the Vikings weren't run by idiots, they would trade ADP and stockpile some young talent. Be nice if they had a decent coach too.

You know that moron Jerry Jones would give up next years entire draft and then some for ADP

if the Vikings weren't run by idiots, they would trade ADP and stockpile some young talent. Be nice if they had a decent coach too.

You know that moron Jerry Jones would give up next years entire draft and then some for ADP

Jerry is the head clown of a team that just had its third straight NFC East 3rd place finish and he drafted a back up pass catching TE with our 2nd pick last year. He's dumb enough that he might give up all of 2015's draft too.

while he's correct that DAL isn't completely comfortable with murray, he's offering pure speculation--not news--with respect to a trade. murray has shown that he can have monster games, and that's going to figure into any trade calculus.

long story short, i don't think there's any fire underneath this tiny puff of smoke.

It's ironic that the only RB Jerry has drafted during his reign (who was actually worth a shiat) fell into his lap. Emmitt was not who Dallas wanted to take in the 1st round of that 1990 draft. They really wanted to take James Francis (lb) out of Baylor - but the Bungles took him a few picks earlier.

It would be nice to see Mike Tolbert in a starting role. He did well with his opportunity in SD and will be #3 once J-Stew comes back, possibly next week.

It won't be Peterson. The Cowboys wouldn't have the cap room, even if they cut Romo. lol

MJD is the only guy they could get, and at his $4 million plus price, they would have to restructure a lot of contracts to do it. They have almost no cap room and are totally screwed heading into 2014. I think Jerry is looking at a rental because they are already projected at $31 million over the 2014 cap. You can count on Free, Miles, and Spencer to be gone. That only accounts for about $15 million in total cap savings though. I think it's possible you see Carr and some others released. They cannot restructure enough contracts to keep these guys around. Witten and Ware are due hefty amounts too. If the Cowboys don't win this year (they won't), they are not winning for a while. Jones has managed that team into the ground.

It's ironic that the only RB Jerry has drafted during his reign (who was actually worth a shiat) fell into his lap. Emmitt was not who Dallas wanted to take in the 1st round of that 1990 draft. They really wanted to take James Francis (lb) out of Baylor - but the Bungles took him a few picks earlier.

fell into his lap? jones traded up to draft smith.

he played for literally half of jones' time as owner. as for the other half, how many RBs have they drafted in rounds 1-3 since 2002?

answer: 3, including murray. that's a pretty small sample size. by comparison, every previous RB who was successful for the gil brandt cowboys was a 1st round pick.

• Like 1

You can count on Free, Miles, and Spencer to be gone.

free will still be around--he's playing for half his original contract, and is grading out as the best tackle in the NFL on PFF. i suspect that you're closer to the mark with austin, although his cap structure might make it worth it to keep him around 1 more year.

i agree that spencer is out of here, unless his injury kills his value on the market and he returns for a cap-friendly figure.

saw a stat the other day--$34M, or 25% of dallas total cap, is not contributing to the team due to injury or cuts.

Seems like a lot of speculation to me. I can see them being concerned with Murray's injury but not nearly enough to go out and offer some gangbusters trade for another RB.

fell into his lap? jones traded up to draft smith.

You must not have any real recollection of that 1990 draft.

Dallas was slotted to draft at 21. Jimmy wanted James Francis, bad - so bad in fact Dallas was negotiating a deal with Kansas City to move up to 13 to get him. As luck would have it the Bengals took Francis off the board at 12. In fact, even after the pick was made Jimmy was still trying to get Cinci to trade Francis to him. As the Cowboys' pick neared it was talked about that what we really needed was a rb (having just sent Herschel to Minny). After much debate and hesitation - Jimmy and Jerry were talked into making a deal with Pittsburgh to move up to 17 to take Emmitt. They did, they weren't crazy about it - changed their minds 3 SBs later.

Robert Turbin

You must not have any real recollection of that 1990 draft.

Dallas was slotted to draft at 21. Jimmy wanted James Francis, bad - so bad in fact Dallas was negotiating a deal with Kansas City to move up to 13 to get him. As luck would have it the Bengals took Francis off the board at 12. In fact, even after the pick was made Jimmy was still trying to get Cinci to trade Francis to him. As the Cowboys' pick neared it was talked about that what we really needed was a rb (having just sent Herschel to Minny). After much debate and hesitation - Jimmy and Jerry were talked into making a deal with Pittsburgh to move up to 17 to take Emmitt. They did, they weren't crazy about it - changed their minds 3 SBs later.

fair enough, but who talked them into it?

free will still be around--he's playing for half his original contract, and is grading out as the best tackle in the NFL on PFF. i suspect that you're closer to the mark with austin, although his cap structure might make it worth it to keep him around 1 more year.

i agree that spencer is out of here, unless his injury kills his value on the market and he returns for a cap-friendly figure.

saw a stat the other day--$34M, or 25% of dallas total cap, is not contributing to the team due to injury or cuts.

I read where cutting Miles will only save them $700k against the cap for 2014. Agreed, it isn't much. I wonder if that was as a post June 1st cut, or before, though?

At some point, all teams restructuring deals into the future pay the piper. Pittsburgh this year, the 49'ers went through a decade of Hell... The Cowboys are my favorite team, but I have no issues calling Jerry Jones a jackass. When the bills comes due, the Cowboys will be paying for more than one season. Maybe they would be wise to try and go for it this season as they may be trading what few solid players they have for draft picks soon.

Mark Ingram could be had for next to nothing. He really hasn't been given a chance in a running offence. He could at least match TRich's 3 ypc, and wouldn't cost a first round pick.

fair enough, but who talked them into it?

His name isn't mentioned in any of the history books, his picture isn't hanging on the inner walls of Jerry World - Walt Yaworsky is single handedly prolly most responsible for those 3 SBs. After Francis was taken off the board it was Walt who stood up in the war room and practically screamed that we needed to move and get Emmitt Smith. He staked his entire reputation on this one pick saying that regardless of his lack of speed - that he was a bonafide star. Turned out he was right.

• Like 1

I read where cutting Miles will only save them $700k against the cap for 2014. Agreed, it isn't much. I wonder if that was as a post June 1st cut, or before, though?

per overthecap.com (an awesome site), if they cut him at the end of this season, it's just short of $8M in dead money next season. since the money is already sunk, cutting him immediately following this season will only save $400K towards the cap. i'm no cap guru, but if they designate him a june 1 2014 cut, they get a break on 2014, but the rest of his dead money ($5M) all gets accelerated into 2015. anyone feel free to correct me if i've gotten the dynamics wrong.

so he's only going to cost $400K (cap wise) to keep around, which is less than the very last pick in this year's draft makes. i really like what TWill and beasely are bringing, but it's hard to justify cutting austin unless that small sum can make a big difference at another position.