Sign in to follow this  
scottybo

Ben Tate dynasty value

With tates impending free agency, what do you think his value is next year? I'm in the running this year but can trade Tate, who in a $100 cap auction draft next year will only cost me $4, away for some pieces this year.

Would be excited to have Tate and Bernard as my rbs next year for cheap if I don't trade him away. Dynasty auction leagues add another element to fantasy football.

I drafted Tate in a non-PPR deep keeper this year primarily for his value next year as a free agent. He hasn't materialized as value this year but I am high on him for next year. I've needed to fill some voids (I'm also in the running) but I've managed to hold onto him this far.

He almost has to sign somewhere else next year, and will presumably be the named starter wherever he signs. Going into preseason I would expect him to be ranked fairly highly (say a second rounder in redrafts), which is often the case with guys going to new situations.

Since this topic is already made I'll ask in here lol. Guy offered me Tate for Antonio brown in a 12 team non ppr keeper league. My other Wr are Marshall fitzy and Steve smith. My rbs are James spiller McFadden and brown. Should I make this lookin to next year as a good keeper and maybe some value right now with foster hurt or should I hang onto brown and flex him.

Since this topic is already made I'll ask in here lol. Guy offered me Tate for Antonio brown in a 12 team non ppr keeper league. My other Wr are Marshall fitzy and Steve smith. My rbs are James spiller McFadden and brown. Should I make this lookin to next year as a good keeper and maybe some value right now with foster hurt or should I hang onto brown and flex him.

That's tough. With foster hurting, it makes the trade more appealing. However, Tate is also hurting. With your rbs being Spiller (can't stay healthy), Mcfadden (just got hurt again) and Brown (coming back from broken foot), adding another injured rb may be a risk for Antonio Brown who has been consistent. Is your team in the running for the playoffs this year?

I also have Tate in a deep keeper league with an eye towards next season. to tell you the truth I am actually looking closer at his encounters with injuries this year than anything he does on the field. I am very impressed with the way he played through the rib injury. At this point we cannot rule out him even returning to Houston in a lead back role, and Foster being shown the door.