Sign in to follow this  
ArnieBragg

National GOP Abandoned Cuccinelli Campaign

A campaign strategist for Republican Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli said that the national GOP abandoned the campaign in its final days.

At the end of the race, Cuccinelli was closing in on Democrat Terry McAuliffe, who eked out a two-point victory on Tuesday despite exit polls that showed McAuliffe was up by seven points.

According to the Washington Post, Chris La Civita said that financial support from national Republican sources dried up on October 1.

“There are a lot of questions people are going to be asking and that is, was leaving Cuccinelli alone in the first week of October, a smart move?” La Civita said after Cuccinelli's concession speech, according to the Post. “We were on our own. Just look at the volume [of ads].”

He added that there was "definitely a national mood that was moving, that is moving, that is continuing to move against the White House and the Affordable Care Act. And I can’t help but ask myself, what would have been the result had he had five weeks of this discussion instead of just 2 ½?”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/05/Cuccinelli-Campaign-Says-National-GOP-Abandoned-Them-We-Were-on-Our-Own

Good for them. The sooner the GOP stops supporting the lunatic fringe moral police like Cuccinelli, the better off they'll be.

Good for them. The sooner the GOP stops supporting the lunatic fringe moral police like Cuccinelli, the better off they'll be.

the country needs more commie liberals.

the country needs more commie liberals.

I don't think so. But what the GOP needs is candidates who understand that liberty and freedom extend to people's personal lives.

I don't think so. But what the GOP needs is candidates who understand that liberty and freedom extend to people's personal lives

agreed

Cuccinelli was surrounding himself with Tea Party loons. The GOP wants to silence the Tea Party so it makes sense that they wouldn't be 100% behind Cuccinelli.

IMO this all just goes to show what a weak candidate McCauliffe was. Barely beat a fringe lunatic who had essentially lost the backing of his own party.

IMO this all just goes to show what a weak candidate McCauliffe was. Barely beat a fringe lunatic who had essentially lost the backing of his own party.

B-b-b-b-b-b-ut the mainstream media! And the "planted" Libertarian candidate! They're what cost Cooch the election, not his own inelectability or the fact that he ran a shitty campaign!

B-b-b-b-b-b-ut the mainstream media! And the "planted" Libertarian candidate! They're what cost Cooch the election, not his own inelectability or the fact that he ran a shitty campaign!

Don't know about the media.......but you got fooled into voting for the plant.

What a rube.

:banana:

I don't think so. But what the GOP needs is candidates who understand that liberty and freedom extend to people's personal lives.

they need more queers and baby killers?

they need more queers and baby killers?

No, they need more people who believe in staying out of people's bedrooms and wombs.

Clearly some prominent decision makers in the national GOP were unwilling to send Cuccinelli any cash even though he was in a tight race. Meanwhile, Chris Christie who was looking at a landslide from day one didn't have this problem.

Now, I can reasonably connect the dots as to why they didn't give a sh*t about if Cuccinelli won or lost and left him out to dry but I realize some of you will never be able to figure it out.

Clearly some prominent decision makers in the national GOP were unwilling to send Cuccinelli any cash even though he was in a tight race. Meanwhile, Chris Christie who was looking at a landslide from day one didn't have this problem.

Now, I can reasonably connect the dots as to why they didn't give a sh*t about if Cuccinelli won or lost and left him out to dry but I realize some of you will never be able to figure it out.

The good ol' boy network love them some squishy Reps who won't rock the DC boat.

Nailed it! :pointstosky:

Too bad hypocrites like you who claim to want DC to change are on the front lines cheering for the status quo. :lol:

The good ol' boy network love them some squishy Reps who won't rock the DC boat.

Nailed it! :pointstosky:

Too bad hypocrites like you who claim to want DC to change are on the front lines cheering for the status quo. :lol:

I want DC to change too. But Not every change is good. For example, fiscal/economic collapse or Flat Earth retardation are actually worse than the other forms of Change We Can Believe In. While I'm waiting for something better to come along, I'll take more of that Change We Can Believe In instead.

You know we take Obama, add in some House GOP intransigence and we can get the sequester -which I'll be honest with you- I'm probably the only person on Earth that actually likes the sequester. It really seems like the least bad option.

As for Cuccinelli, we don't need any more dumbfocks on the national stage, thanks. Virginia has given us some of our very best presidents (and John Tyler too -hey- nobody's perfect) but despite this, it really isn't a state I really care about. But I'm happy for them, as they chose an acceptable if flawed Dem over him.

Not every state can be blessed with Rick Snyder.

I want DC to change too. But Not every change is good. For example, fiscal/economic collapse or Flat Earth retardation are actually worse than the other forms of Change We Can Believe In. While I'm waiting for something better to come along, I'll take more of that Change We Can Believe In instead.

You know we take Obama, add in some House GOP intransigence and we can get the sequester -which I'll be honest with you- I'm probably the only person on Earth that actually likes the sequester. It really seems like the least bad option.

As for Cuccinelli, we don't need any more dumbfocks on the national stage, thanks. Virginia has given us some of our very best presidents (and John Tyler too -hey- nobody's perfect) but despite this, it really isn't a state I really care about. But I'm happy for them, as they chose an acceptable if flawed Dem over him.

Not every state can be blessed with Rick Snyder.

So you admit 6 years into "change we can believe in" still has you fooled.

Good for you.

:clap: :doublethumbsup: :banana:

So you admit 6 years into "change we can believe in" still has you fooled.

Good for you.

:clap: :doublethumbsup: :banana:

Just like in the "Jerry and KSB" thread, and maybe the majority of them, the distinction between what I said and what you say I said is totally lost on you.

Just like in the "Jerry and KSB" thread, and maybe the majority of them, the distinction between what I said and what you say I said is totally lost on you.

Sorry if quoting you makes you look the fool.

That's not on me. :(

Still thinking his spin is making others look like a fool.

Crassic!!!

He's been especially dumb today. Bad day for Tea Party candidates=epic retardedness from RP.

He's been especially dumb today. Bad day for Tea Party candidates=epic retardedness from RP.

Just like Newbie posted about yesterday...Im not sure how either of you tell the difference in him day by day...its all the same crap its ever been.

Just like Newbie posted about yesterday...Im not sure how either of you tell the difference in him day by day...its all the same crap its ever been.

You can always tell when Vagina Pilot is taking a beating. He pulls out the 'fishing' or trolling post. That's his white flag. If he claims you've been trolled, he's conceding you just buried him (or one of his republicans buttbuddies). He's used that a lot recently. Bad times indeed. :(

You can always tell when Vagina Pilot is taking a beating. He pulls out the 'fishing' or trolling post. That's his white flag. If he claims you've been trolled, he's conceding you just buried him (or one of his republicans buttbuddies). He's used that a lot recently. Bad times indeed. :(

I like that too...40-50 posts a day....other than Ed at this point he is going to end up running away with most posts ever...and if its just all fishing...what a sad sad pathetic thing to hang your hat on.

Governorships are supposed to be serious jobs. Congrats National GOP for wising up and finally refusing to seat the clowns. :thumbsup: