Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Dennis Johnson texans

I just picked him up as a speculative stash. The texans love to run the ball and with foster possibly being shut down that leaves ben tate and his 4 broken ribs at the top as the lead back. That seems like an open oppertunity for Johnson to step up. anyone else speculating on him?

Added him in my dynasty league.

Arian's been a mainstay of my team since I picked him up (very) late in the 09 season. Might as well try to strike gold twice.

I picked him up instantly once I read about Foster. He will definitely try to rehab it but he seems like a smart guy and will probably just cash in the season. And there is no way Tate can survive the final 8 games, especially already nicked up. Johnson didn't look bad in his limited role. So why not. What other RB are you gonna get off waivers at this point that has that much upside.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. He's one of those guys you'll look back and say. "Hilow did I not see that right in front of me?" Their rush schedule eases up big time as well

I guess Tate is an after thought. Not wasting a move on a guy who will get 5-10 touches a game max. Unless Tate is out, Johnson is just a prayer pickup.

I've got him rostered in one dynasty but I just checked my 3 yahoo redrafts and he was rostered in all 3.

Now is prob the time to jump if you want a piece.

I guess Tate is an after thought. Not wasting a move on a guy who will get 5-10 touches a game max. Unless Tate is out, Johnson is just a prayer pickup.

You must be new to fantasy football. Dennis Johnson has little value right now but he is what we call a lottery ticket. Houston has a deep history of running RBs into the ground and then having a player deep on the depth chart come in and put up points. Guys like Steve Slaton,Ron Dayne, and Arian Foster belong to this group.

Ben Tate is the man right now but he has a history of injuries. You have a chance to put a player on your roster that could move up the depth chart and help you win a championship. Unlikely, yet still possible. I look around my league and see teams rostering no upside guys like Santana Moss or Chris Ogbonnaya. To me that is a waist of space. You win leagues by hitting home runs not with singles.

• Like 1

You must be new to fantasy football. Dennis Johnson has little value right now but he is what we call a lottery ticket. Houston has a deep history of running RBs into the ground and then having a player deep on the depth chart come in and put up points. Guys like Steve Slaton,Ron Dayne, and Arian Foster belong to this group.

Ben Tate is the man right now but he has a history of injuries. You have a chance to put a player on your roster that could move up the depth chart and help you win a championship. Unlikely, yet still possible. I look around my league and see teams rostering no upside guys like Santana Moss or Chris Ogbonnaya. To me that is a waist of space. You win leagues by hitting home runs not with singles.

Couldn't be said better. I already scooped Dennis in a 14 team league and am considering dropping Montee Ball for him in a 10 teamer (league has roster limits per position).

Anyone have any NFL highlights of him?

Watch last week's game. All 8 of his career carries were last week.

• Like 1

You win your league by being able to look around corners and see where the next playmaker will step up. Terrance williams, zach stacey and guys like them were not even on the radar of most people at the start of the season. Winning is about taking calculated risks in scouring the ww and rostering these players BEFORE an injury occurs to the starter and being able to pick them up outright off the waivers and not have to get into any bidding war or a waiver priority battle.

Watch last week's game. All 8 of his career carries were last week.

After the fact where can I do that?

Any highlight replay isn't likely going to feature any of his touches.

After the fact where can I do that?

Any highlight replay isn't likely going to feature any of his touches.

Has a nice preseason highlight of a 29 yard run on NFL.COM http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000235768/Johnson-rumbles-29-yards

Also has a nice 5 yard TD on there too.

Say what you want about the Texans, but you can't say those guys can't run block. Those holes are insane!

CBS has Johnson listed as 5'7 and 193 lbs. Is this accurate? If so, that's even smaller than Andre Ellington, who AZ coach said would only get 15-20 touches.

CBS has Johnson listed as 5'7 and 193 lbs. Is this accurate? If so, that's even smaller than Andre Ellington, who AZ coach said would only get 15-20 touches.

For comparison, Darren Sproles is 5'6, 190. :unsure:

Couldn't be said better. I already scooped Dennis in a 14 team league and am considering dropping Montee Ball for him in a 10 teamer (league has roster limits per position).

I would not drop Montee Ball for him. Ball also has an ultra fragile RB playing in front of him in a high powered offense. I'd have to put Moreno near the top of my list of running backs I don't think will make the entire season. There is also the chance that if Moreno stays healthy they still try to lessen his load at the end of the season.

There are some small RB's out there, including Sproles. Let's say Tate gets hurt. I'm not sure Johnson would be able to handle 25 touches like Foster and Tate have in the past.

Johnson is no Sproles, he runs about 4.5/ 40....backup RB for Razorbacks...had fumbling problems college and NFL pre-season....nothing special, more of a situation back with some receiving skills.....

• Like 2

...Chris Brown...Steve Slaton....Arian Foster...Ben Tate....Dennis Johnson....you see a pattern here?

RUN! DON'T WALK! RUN TO THE WAIVER WIRE AND PICK HIM UP!!!!

Well actually, I don't run or walk to the ww. I just sit in my chair, scroll, point, and click. As far as Johnson goes, he is still available in all 6 leagues I am in.

Johnson is no Sproles, he runs about 4.5/ 40....backup RB for Razorbacks...had fumbling problems college and NFL pre-season....nothing special, more of a situation back with some receiving skills.....

Who just happens to play with an elite OL, a cup cake schedule after AZ and a starter with four fractured/cracked ribs who was in pain Monday every time he took a breath?

Ben Tate (ribs) admitted to "serious pain" on Monday after rushing 22 times for 81 yards in the Texans' Sunday night loss to Indy.
Tate had a handful of nice runs against the Colts, but clearly wasn't himself and is paying for it today. "It's hard to breathe and laugh," admitted Tate, who played through four broken ribs. Dennis Johnson is worth rostering in 12- and 14-team leagues with Tate and Arian Foster (back/hamstring) all nicked up. Nov 4 - 5:17 PM
Look at the big picture here.

I would not drop Montee Ball for him. Ball also has an ultra fragile RB playing in front of him in a high powered offense. I'd have to put Moreno near the top of my list of running backs I don't think will make the entire season. There is also the chance that if Moreno stays healthy they still try to lessen his load at the end of the season.

Moreno - potential to get hurt

Foster/Tate - already hurt

That's what made my decision in dropping Ball for Johnson.

Wow... ya'll must play in 14+ team leagues or have gigantic rosters (or have crappy teams) if you're grabbing him...

Fark Johnson... Tate is/was on the wire this week in both of my 12 team leagues.

Considering dropping J. Bell for Tate... but Bell is one hard hit on Reggie Bush away from being a top 10 RB.

• Like 1

Wow... ya'll must play in 14+ team leagues or have gigantic rosters (or have crappy teams) if you're grabbing him...

Fark Johnson... Tate is/was on the wire this week in both of my 12 team leagues.

Considering dropping J. Bell for Tate... but Bell is one hard hit on Reggie Bush away from being a top 10 RB.

Ben Tate (ribs) admitted to "serious pain" on Monday after rushing 22 times for 81 yards in the Texans' Sunday night loss to Indy.
Tate had a handful of nice runs against the Colts, but clearly wasn't himself and is paying for it today. "It's hard to breathe and laugh," admitted Tate, who played through four broken ribs.
Dennis Johnson is worth rostering in 12- and 14-team leagues with Tate and Arian Foster (back/hamstring) all nicked up. Nov 4 - 5:17 PM

You must play in one of those special non-hetro leagues if Tate was/is on the waiver wire in both of your team.

• Like 1

Pickins are mighty slim in the RB world my brotha. Hmm let's see,

1. McFadden = Out with a hammy.

2. T Rich = Sucks.

3. Doug Martin = IR.

4. Foster = Likely Surgery.

5. MJD = Sucks.

6. SJAX = Sucks.

7. David Wilson = IR Bound.

8. Carolina RB's = Sucks.

9. Ray Rice = Sucks.

10. Ryan Matthews = Ryan Matthews

Seriously, outside of Charles, Forte, Gore, McCoy and Lynch (and A Morris) there ain't a whole bunch out there to hang your hat on. Even if your in a 10 team league there are ONLY 6 legit RB1s. :shocking:

It's an arms race to the bottom.

Just watched some film.. very Ray rice style running.

• Like 1

Not new to fantasy, unless of course starting in 1995 is new to fantasy. Let me educate you on Dennis Johnson, he won't start in the NFL and succeed. Bank that. Of course Houston will have to decide on whether or not Tate will be on the roster next year by resigning him. I think you will see Tate run into the ground the rest of the year. How about we come back in week 17 and see who is right.

You must play in one of those special non-hetro leagues if Tate was/is on the waiver wire in both of your team.

These will hereinafter be referred to as the "Jonathan Martin Leagues"

• Like 1

Not new to fantasy, unless of course starting in 1995 is new to fantasy. Let me educate you on Dennis Johnson, he won't start in the NFL and succeed. Bank that. Of course Houston will have to decide on whether or not Tate will be on the roster next year by resigning him. I think you will see Tate run into the ground the rest of the year. How about we come back in week 17 and see who is right.

I can tell every one that buys a lottery ticket that they are going to lose and 99.99999% of the time I'll be right. But when I'm wrong I would have wished I was the one who bought that lottery ticket. Some people just don't understand the concept of low risk flyers. This late in the year some people are hurting for running backs, or out of FA money and need to be a step ahead of everyone else. I dropped Doug Martin for this guy. No risk at all.

So your saying the likes of Foster,Priest Holmes , Morris, and any other other backs that came out of nowhere and succeeded was just a fluke? How successful have you been predicting players the past 18 years?

Pickins are mighty slim in the RB world my brotha. Hmm let's see,

1. McFadden = Out with a hammy.

2. T Rich = Sucks.

3. Doug Martin = IR.

4. Foster = Likely Surgery.

5. MJD = Sucks.

6. SJAX = Sucks.

7. David Wilson = IR Bound.

8. Carolina RB's = Sucks.

9. Ray Rice = Sucks.

10. Ryan Matthews = Ryan Matthews

Seriously, outside of Charles, Forte, Gore, McCoy and Lynch (and A Morris) there ain't a whole bunch out there to hang your hat on. Even if your in a 10 team league there are ONLY 6 legit RB1s. :shocking:

It's an arms race to the bottom.

You forget Bush but yeah. Cream at the top and not much else to go around.

There are some small RB's out there, including Sproles. Let's say Tate gets hurt. I'm not sure Johnson would be able to handle 25 touches like Foster and Tate have in the past.

Correct. Which is why Kassum owners are very optimistic right about now.

So your saying the likes of Foster,Priest Holmes , Morris, and any other other backs that came out of nowhere and succeeded was just a fluke? How successful have you been predicting players the past 18 years?

Alfred Morris in that mix now. Guy barely got drafted. Two starters went down last year and he comes out of nowhere to show tremendous skill.

Run blocking teams you simply grab potential starters as the odds are with you over other waiver picks.

What I am saying is this guy is nothing like those backs you just mentioned. Not one. Running style, body build, ect. Just because it is the same system, it doesn't mean he is a lottery ticket. Sometimes, just because someone is next on the depth chart doesn't mean he will be successful.