Sign in to follow this  
highsider5

non pass interference at the end of NE vs CAR

I personally think it was a defensive hold - the refs either let it go or just flat out missed it. Happens - as a matter of fact it happened at the end of the Saints game earlier in the year. Solder hooks his guy so bad he damn near tears his head off, refs let it go - Brady throws game winning td. The Pats got their call - just happened to come a few weeks earlier.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3384233/patriotway.gif

Maybe I'm wrong. But my understanding of the rules is that if the ball is in the air (once there is contact) that it cannot be holding on Kuecly. Its either PI or nothing.

Holding or illegal contact in secondary is only called if it happens before the ball is thrown. For instance you can call holding or illegal contact on a DB/LB on the complete other side of the field as it happened before the ball was thrown.

Once the ball is thrown at a reciever if there is illegal contact then the call is Pass Interference.

Maybe I'm wrong. But my understanding of the rules is that if the ball is in the air (once there is contact) that it cannot be holding on Kuecly. Its either PI or nothing.

Holding or illegal contact in secondary is only called if it happens before the ball is thrown. For instance you can call holding or illegal contact on a DB/LB on the complete other side of the field as it happened before the ball was thrown.

Once the ball is thrown at a reciever if there is illegal contact then the call is Pass Interference.

Once the ball is in the air it can be holding but not illegal contact. Or at least that's what I read :dunno:

Spoken like a true dipsh!t. Watch the video. There's no cherry picking, no trick camera angles...only you looking foolish. :cheers:

The only ones looking foolish are the "scientists" who came up with that analysis.

• Like 1

The only ones looking foolish are the "scientists" who came up with that analysis.

And those who are senseless enough to believe it......what a hoax...

Non-Pats fan speaking here...

Unless that ball was thrown into the mezzanine, there should have been a penalty. You cannot knit pick contact based on the EXACT pinpointing of a pass' destination. If that ball is in the area, then a flag should be thrown. Gronk was mugged. End of story.

Secondly, the Brady criticisms from above are maddening. Let's take the following into consideration: Welker leaves for Denver. Hernandez does his best Rae Carruth impersonation during the offseason. Gronk does not return till week 7. Vereen does not return till last night. A guy by the name of Kenbrell Thompkins (WHO?) becomes his go-to receiver entering the season. NO ONE in the league does MORE with LESS than Tom Brady. Has anyone taken into account that Carolina currently has one of the best defenses in football? Or that the Pats were on the road against a very strong overall team? Or that Brady and the offense led them down the field for the go ahead score before the defense lost the game on Carolina's final drive? OR that Brady still somehow almost managed to win the game, despite the situation he was put in at the end of the game?

OR, that Brady threw the go ahead TD in the first Super Bowl against the Giants, only to watch his defense fail him miserably? OR, that Welker dropped a routine pass that would have virtually ran the clock out in the second Super Bowl against the Giants?

For all of the Brady detractors, please watch the final drive of the Pat-Saints game from a month ago. Furthermore, please take a look at the AFC East Standings. IF anything, this season proves that Brady is still among the elite in the current day NFL. It also further solidifies his legendary status as one of the greatest of all time.

I HATE drawing these comparisons, but just visualize this for a moment: Brady lines up behind center with Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Eric Decker, and Julius Thomas.

TB12 will have the last say over the critics. If I had one drive to win a game and could choose any QB, I am going with TB12.

End man-crush rant here.

:wub:

Rodgers lost Finley, Nelson and Cobb and then went on to shred the viking Defense for a 24/29 285 yd 2TD day the next week. He performs when short handed, that's the difference between him and Brady.

Pass interference was called.

The head ref overturned the call.

End of story.

Wow that's really helpful :rolleyes:

Wow that's really helpful :rolleyes:

People keep saying it wasn't pass interference. It was, the head ref overturned the call.