Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Atlanta Falcons what happened?

how did they go from first to worst in one season ?Are they just that banged up or throwen in the towel for next years picks?

Antone Smith .., anybody know anything about this guy?He had 2 rushes for 88 yards last week.

I have no idea what happened. Obviously losing Julio was a huge loss, but they weren't doing a whole lot when he was there anyways. They have no running game, but they have always been a pass first team previously. I really think they had a couple early losses and just figured they could turn it on whenever they wanted. When they couldn't do that I think they were shocked and just fell apart. But yeah, I've been wondering what the hell happened to them all season long.

bad Oline and Dline, if u cant win in the trenches u arent winning many games. the center looks like a bust, the RG reynolds is terrible and LT is out for year hurt. Dline its osi and thats about it. i think they have mailed it in though, they were atleast competitive early int he season

It was noted quite frequently before season how bad the o line was. You lose your top 2 wrs and have an overrated qb with an old rb, this is what happens.

Massive amount of injuries and they tried to cheap out on their Offensive line. They kind of had to cheap out on the offensive line due to the massive contract extension they gave Ryan.

In my opinion the teams problems have been injuries, a bad offensive line, no pass rush, and no depth. Pretty much in that order.

They weren't that great last year, record was deceiving.

They're thin across the board, partly because of all those picks they gave up in the Julio Jones trade. And I don't know exactly how their drafts have been but off the top of my head I can't think of many recent picks they nailed besides Julio.

And in that same vein, Julio got hurt and their offense fell to pieces.

Roddy got hurt and is quite possibly washed up.

Gonzalez is incredible but when you're heavily relying on a 37 year old TE that's trouble no matter what.

SJax, old and hurt too although obviously Turner wasn't great last year.

It all adds up.

well one thing i know if you got a rb vs. atl Start him w/ confidence

ellington went for 15/154/1 in week 8

Lynch went for 24/145/1 in week 9

Rainey went for 30/163/2 last week

He had 2 rushes for 88 yards last week.

Thats 44 yards per carry for you trigonometrists.

Smith was the PF Changs Explosive Player of the Week and should be the #1 ww add this week. If he can maintain this type of production, the sky is the limit.

Falcons are in for more bad years going forward unless they get their money sitution figured out. They tied up a ton of cash in resigning Matt Ryan, so much that it is going to be a real struggle for them to resign Julio when his contract is up. They are in a bad place with cap space and like was mentioned above they had to sacrifce at many positions. ..This is even before you get to the S. Jax experiment, they should have just brought back Turner. Yeah he was fat and slow but he was better than Jackson. You almost could see they injuries coming for Jackson. All those years in St. Louis when he was the offense finally caught up with him. Only real good news from this season is they will finally get a top draft pick to try and find a frachise back.

Falcons are in for more bad years going forward unless they get their money sitution figured out. They tied up a ton of cash in resigning Matt Ryan, so much that it is going to be a real struggle for them to resign Julio when his contract is up. They are in a bad place with cap space and like was mentioned above they had to sacrifce at many positions. ..This is even before you get to the S. Jax experiment, they should have just brought back Turner. Yeah he was fat and slow but he was better than Jackson. You almost could see they injuries coming for Jackson. All those years in St. Louis when he was the offense finally caught up with him. Only real good news from this season is they will finally get a top draft pick to try and find a frachise back.

Nobody uses a high draft pick on a RB anymore.

"well one thing i know if you got a rb vs. atl Start him w/ confidence

ellington went for 15/154/1 in week 8

Lynch went for 24/145/1 in week 9

Rainey went for 30/163/2 last week"

Think Ingram has a good game? I think this could be another game he produces in

Think Ingram has a good game? I think this could be another game he produces in

ingram or sproles or Pierre Thomas have fun with that one

You know how they always say you have a window of opportunity? Well, their window has closed everyone is past their best (Prime). They need to trade Julio cause he's the only one who stills has a future.

Weak O-line. Massive injuries on the defensive side, along with key injuries on offense. High seed last year translates into tough schedule this year. Both of the key contenders in their division are improved over last year.

Not much to figure out.

And that is why Atlanta is bad right now. They thought they were gonna own this division and had everyone writing off the saints before the season. The falcons have done what they have done to outdo the saints, it was always about that not getting Tony a ring, or maybe it was using Tony to think getting him a ring instills intimidation upon the saints. The saints have shown to not be intimidated by Atlanta and they have been the one team to do to them what others couldnt. This year Atlanta finally had a rough schedule and this is the result. They probably purposely lost to Seattle to help them get the 1 seed. They could have played better than they did in that game.

When Atlanta saw they couldnt win and the saints were winning, they indeed were shocked and lost heart(or that grudge maybe instead). But it has always been about the saints to them.

• Like 1

Like what I see from antone smith looks like the future back

instead of trying to spend money on a new damn stadium they should spend money on getting better players!!!

instead of trying to spend money on a new damn stadium they should spend money on getting better players!!!

Women :rolleyes:

And that is why Atlanta is bad right now. They thought they were gonna own this division and had everyone writing off the saints before the season. The falcons have done what they have done to outdo the saints, it was always about that not getting Tony a ring, or maybe it was using Tony to think getting him a ring instills intimidation upon the saints. The saints have shown to not be intimidated by Atlanta and they have been the one team to do to them what others couldnt. This year Atlanta finally had a rough schedule and this is the result. They probably purposely lost to Seattle to help them get the 1 seed. They could have played better than they did in that game.

When Atlanta saw they couldnt win and the saints were winning, they indeed were shocked and lost heart(or that grudge maybe instead). But it has always been about the saints to them.

I agree.

They are Saints obsessed. And they were purely lucky to get that win in the Dome in 2010 and then the bounty stupidity or else they would have nothing at all against the Saints.

The Falcs were loaded up on Julio and Gonz andSJax/Turner and just have always had this stupid mentality that gosh they were always just 'one player away'. Dumb.

Not to mention their owner is one of these interfering billionaires; not a fan of Mike Smith at all (that's another problem they have) but I had to feel for the guy with Blank skulking around behind him on the sidelines during yet another Saints loss. What a great lousy boss, standing there looking over his shoulder while the ship inevitably goes down. No extra pressure or anything, Mike.