Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Ridley

After another fumble by him and Blount, in conjunction with Vareen coming back.....gotta be the Vareen/Bolden show for ROS, don't you think?

I was just wondering that as well. Does he become dumpable at this point as we head into fantasy playoffs?? I truly don't expect to see much more of him this season barring injury..... Crazy considering he has been a top back the last 4-5 wks but I think it's the final fock up ....

I'm playing against him tonite, fyi.

With that being said, I don't see how you can trust the guy in your fantasy lineup. He's always 1 fumble away from delivering a zero or negative score in your fantasy lineup. You can get those type of results by streaming on the waivers.

Fixed

Far be it from me to question Belichick's leadership skills, but since this is an anonymous message bored I'll do it anyway. If Bill's goal is to get the most out of a key contributor, he is sucking really really bad at doing it. He's got Ridley so scared of fumbling that he's doing it. And then Belichick sits him for the rest of the game. Great job Bill, you've made your point. Nice long-term vision; you've rendered a talented guy virtually useless. :thumbsup:

Far be it from me to question Belichick's leadership skills, but since this is an anonymous message bored I'll do it anyway. If Bill's goal is to get the most out of a key contributor, he is sucking really really bad at doing it. He's got Ridley so scared of fumbling that he's doing it. And then Belichick sits him for the rest of the game. Great job Bill, you've made your point. Nice long-term vision; you've rendered a talented guy virtually useless. :thumbsup:

Ridley's fumble was one of the key plays that cost the Pats that Panthers game. They were scoring on that drive and it end up being at least a ten point swing.

Then he starts off this game with the very same thing. I do not blame Belichick one bit for benching Ridley's ass. And I happen to think Ridley is an excellent RB when he holds on to the damn ball.

Back to the original discussion topic: This guy cannot be trusted moving forward, right? Here's to hoping Giovanni Bernard gets some touches cuz this guy is perma benched for me. Clown

After another fumble by him and Blount, in conjunction with Vareen coming back.....gotta be the Vareen/Bolden show for ROS, don't you think?

yes

I've got him in a 10 team keeper league, I won't be starting him next week even though he has a decent match up.

He needs to get on another streak of good production the next couple weeks before I'd start him in the playoffs.

Right, because Human Resources 101 applies to a pro football game :lol:

He's given Ridley chance after chance to hold on to the ball. Hell, Ridley lost the Carolina game for them and he still started him this week. At what point does the blame fall on Ridley?

I think that his point to Ridley is that his job depends on holding on to the ball. He rather win games with an apparently inferior back like Bolden (who doesn't fumble) than lose games by playing supposedly more talented back like Ridley.

Far be it for me to speak for Bill, but I think his goal is to win football games, which Ridley makes prohibitively more difficult by continuing to put the ball on the ground.

He's given Ridley chance after chance to hold on to the ball. Hell, Ridley lost the Carolina game for them and he still started him this week. At what point does the blame fall on Ridley?

:thumbsup:

I like Ridley. He's seems like a decent guy in interviews and he's a terrific runner.

I though Belichick was crazy for benching him after his first fumble this year - lighten the fock up Bill, he's your best option.

I was wrong. I don't want Ridley carrying the ball anymore.

and to top it off Ridley's hair looks stupid

This. If he spent as much time practicing ball security as he does styling his fruity mohawk maybe he isn't in this situation.

He's the best pure runner on the team but he cannot be trusted. On a team that has historically thrived on winning the turnover game he's completely undercut his own value.

I like Ridley. He's seems like a decent guy in interviews and he's a terrific runner.

I though Belichick was crazy for benching him after his first fumble this year - lighten the fock up Bill, he's your best option.

I was wrong. I don't want him carrying the ball anymore.

Yeah, I agree. I thought the early year thing was a bit of an overreaction, but as it keeps happening he just can't be trusted in key situations. It's funny that people want to skewer Belichick over this. Any competent coach would have benched him after those last two fumbles. And no one would like more to see him hold onto the ball than Belichick.

FWIW, Brady was talking up Ridley today, saying the Pats need him to win. Which I happen to agree with, provided he could hold on to the damned ball.

I think Ridley gets one more shot although it may not happen next week.

I think Ridley gets one more shot although it may not happen next week.

This sounds reasonable......although Vareen is gonna substantially cut into his production, I think.