Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Auburn/Alabama - the finish of all finishes

If OSU and FSU are unbeaten and barring abig upset they will be then both will each other in the BCS title game.

Looking forward to next year when there is a playoff

I'm expecting Auburn to jump Ohio State in the computer polls (a win over a team that was ranked 1 or 2 in all of them will certainly do more for them than Ohio State's win over Michigan), so it will come down to how many people vote Auburn over Ohio State if both teams win.

Auburn SHOULD jump Ohio State with a win over Missouri. (Honestly, they should already be ranked ahead of Ohio State.) But I'm betting that -- because of Ohio State fanbase, Big-10 football "prestige," an undefeated season last year, etc. -- that Ohio State will manage to play for the National Championship.

OHIO STATE:

1. Buffalo (8-4)

2. San Diego State (7-5)

3. California (1-11)

4. Florida A&M (3-9)

5. Wisconsin (9-3)

6. Northwestern (5-7)

7. Iowa (8-4)

8. Penn State (7-5)

9. Purdue (1-11)

10. Illinois (4-8)

11. Indiana (5-7)

12. Michigan (7-5)

Opponent W-L Record: 65-79

Wins Over BCS Top 25: 1 (#21 WISC), possibly 2 (if W over #10 MSU)

Wins Over Bowl Eligibles: 6 (BUF, SD, WISC, IA, PSU, MICH), possibly 7 (if win over MSU)

AUBURN:

1. Washington State (6-6)

2. Arkansas State (7-5)

3. Mississippi State (6-6)

4. LSU (9-3)

5. Ole Miss (7-5)

6. W. Carolina (2-10)

7. Texas A&M (8-4)

8. Florida Atlantic (6-6)

9. Arkansas (3-9)

10. Tennessee (5-7)

11. Georgia (8-4)

12. Alabama (11-1)

Opponent W-L Record: 78-66

Wins Over BCS Top 25: 3 (#4 AL; #22 GA; #24 TXA&M), possibly 4 (if W over #5 MIZZOU)

Wins Over Bowl Eligibles: 8 (WSU, ARK ST., MS ST., MISS, TXA&M, FL ATL, GA, AL), possibly 9 (if W over MIZZOU)

OSU's schedule just doesn't hold up in a really, really average BIG-10 conference this year and with zero impressive out-of-conference victories. (No...beating Buffalo -- the fourth best team in the MAC, a conference with four of the worst teams in all of Division 1 football -- doesn't count as an impressive out-of-conference victory.) Auburn's out-of-conference victories aren't very impressive either, though they did beat a mid-level PAC-12 team.

The most telling thing here is simply the opponents' win-loss records for OSU and Auburn, which are essentially reversed. Whereas the combined opponent's record for OSU is 14 games under .500, Auburn's opponents were 12 games over .500. Even if you eliminate the extremes in both's schedule (i.e. Wisconsin/Cal & Alabama/WCarolina), their opponents' win-loss records are still essentially reversed.

Assuming that OSU and Auburn both win their conference championships, then the case SHOULD just strengthen for Auburn, as they'll have beaten four Top-25 teams (as opposed to two Top-25 teams for OSU) and nine Bowl Eligible teams (to OSU's seven victories over Bowl Eligible teams). OSU will have beaten one BCS Top-10 team, whereas Auburn will have beaten two BCS Top-5 teams, in back-to-back weeks no less. Thinking in terms of percentage-difference, all of these numbers are significant and overwhelmingly in favor of Auburn.

But, again...I don't think it'll matter. OSU has had an incredibly easy schedule, they played on the pitfalls of the current BCS system, they were fortunate to play in a weaker conference the past couple years, and they'll likely reap the rewards of their scheduling strategy by playing for the championship. Good for them. Moving towards next year's mini-playoff set-up, it'll be interesting to see if the strength-of-schedule becomes more/less of a factor.

:dunno:

Crappy SEC teams beating crappy SEC teams means something? News to anyone that doesn't smoke out of a corn con pipe

Auburn SHOULD jump Ohio State with a win over Missouri. (Honestly, they should already be ranked ahead of Ohio State.) But I'm betting that -- because of Ohio State fanbase, Big-10 football "prestige," an undefeated season last year, etc. -- that Ohio State will manage to play for the National Championship.

OHIO STATE:

1. Buffalo (8-4)

2. San Diego State (7-5)

3. California (1-11)

4. Florida A&M (3-9)

5. Wisconsin (9-3)

6. Northwestern (5-7)

7. Iowa (8-4)

8. Penn State (7-5)

9. Purdue (1-11)

10. Illinois (4-8)

11. Indiana (5-7)

12. Michigan (7-5)

Opponent W-L Record: 65-79

Wins Over BCS Top 25: 1 (#21 WISC), possibly 2 (if W over #10 MSU)

Wins Over Bowl Eligibles: 6 (BUF, SD, WISC, IA, PSU, MICH), possibly 7 (if win over MSU)

AUBURN:

1. Washington State (6-6)

2. Arkansas State (7-5)

3. Mississippi State (6-6)

4. LSU (9-3)

5. Ole Miss (7-5)

6. W. Carolina (2-10)

7. Texas A&M (8-4)

8. Florida Atlantic (6-6)

9. Arkansas (3-9)

10. Tennessee (5-7)

11. Georgia (8-4)

12. Alabama (11-1)

Opponent W-L Record: 78-66

Wins Over BCS Top 25: 4 (#4 AL; #15 LSU; #22 GA; #24 TXA&M), possibly 5 (if W over #5 MIZZOU)

Wins Over Bowl Eligibles: 9 (WSU, ARK ST., MS ST., LSU, MISS, TXA&M, FL ATL, GA, AL), possibly 10 (if W over MIZZOU)

OSU's schedule just doesn't hold up in a really, really average BIG-10 conference this year and with zero impressive out-of-conference victories. (No...beating Buffalo -- the fourth best team in the MAC, a conference with four of the worst teams in all of Division 1 football -- doesn't count as an impressive out-of-conference victory.) Auburn's out-of-conference victories aren't very impressive either, though they did beat a mid-level PAC-12 team.

The most telling thing here is simply the opponents' win-loss records for OSU and Auburn, which are essentially reversed. Whereas the combined opponent's record for OSU is 14 games under .500, Auburn's opponents were 12 games over .500. Even if you eliminate the extremes in both's schedule (i.e. Wisconsin/Cal & Alabama/WCarolina), their opponents' win-loss records are still essentially reversed.

Assuming that OSU and Auburn both win their conference championships, then the case SHOULD just strengthen for Auburn, as they'll have beaten five Top-25 teams (as opposed to two Top-25 teams for OSU) and ten Bowl Eligible teams (to OSU's seven victories over Bowl Eligible teams). OSU will have beaten one BCS Top-10 team, whereas Auburn will have beaten two BCS Top-5 teams, in back-to-back weeks no less. Thinking in terms of percentage-difference, all of these numbers are significant and overwhelmingly in favor of Auburn.

But, again...I don't think it'll matter. OSU has had an incredibly easy schedule, they played on the pitfalls of the current BCS system, they were fortunate to play in a weaker conference the past couple years, and they'll likely reap the rewards of their scheduling strategy by playing for the championship. Good for them. Moving towards next year's mini-playoff set-up, it'll be interesting to see if the strength-of-schedule becomes more/less of a factor.

:dunno:

I don't disagree with anything you said, but from my reading it doesn't look like they possibly can jump OSU because of the polls...it would be nearly unprecedented for

Auburn didn't beat LSU

Oops. Oversight on my part, when I was writing that late last night. I've fixed the original post.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but from my reading it doesn't look like they possibly can jump OSU because of the polls...it would be nearly unprecedented for

I totally agree with you. If both teams win their conference championships, I think OSU is a shoe-in for the BCS Championship Game -- although I think that Auburn SHOULD play in that game, based on their body of work this year. (On a side note, I don't understand how OSU's undefeated record last year -- again, against mediocre competition -- should play a role in determining their inclusion in the BCS Championship Game this year, despite what I've heard from OSU supporters.) Of course, all of this is moot if either team loses their conference championship or if FSU somehow loses to Duke.

Just for the record, I graduated from OSU and really enjoyed my time there. But, despite this, I'm capable of taking a step back and evaluating their team with a spirit of objectivity. Having watched a lot of OSU games over the past few years, there's just nothing that special about them. They tend to beat up on lesser competition; but, when playing competent -- not great, only competent -- teams, they struggle (e.g. overranked Wisconsin & Iowa, not to mention below-average Northwestern & Michigan). Michigan State will easily be the best team that they've played all year long -- even though I think MSU is slightly overrated at #10 (I'd put them more in the #12-15 range). Basically...OSU doesn't really pass the eye-ball test for me, and they certainly don't pass the numbers test. They're a good team but not a great team; but, again, they've benefited from the BCS's wonky polls, from the lingering reputation of the Big-10 as a "power conference" (it isn't, at least right now, at least in football), and from a non-existent out-of-conference schedule. You can't blame them for this strategy, given the circumstances. Right time, right place, right system.

more hated.

Saban or Belichick?

I totally agree with you. If both teams win their conference championships, I think OSU is a shoe-in for the BCS Championship Game -- although I think that Auburn SHOULD play in that game, based on their body of work this year. (On a side note, I don't understand how OSU's undefeated record last year -- again, against mediocre competition -- should play a role in determining their inclusion in the BCS Championship Game this year, despite what I've heard from OSU supporters.) Of course, all of this is moot if either team loses their conference championship or if FSU somehow loses to Duke.

Just for the record, I graduated from OSU and really enjoyed my time there. But, despite this, I'm capable of taking a step back and evaluating their team with a spirit of objectivity. Having watched a lot of OSU games over the past few years, there's just nothing that special about them. They tend to beat up on lesser competition; but, when playing competent -- not great, only competent -- teams, they struggle (e.g. overranked Wisconsin & Iowa, not to mention below-average Northwestern & Michigan). Michigan State will easily be the best team that they've played all year long -- even though I think MSU is slightly overrated at #10 (I'd put them more in the #12-15 range). Basically...OSU doesn't really pass the eye-ball test for me, and they certainly don't pass the numbers test. They're a good team but not a great team; but, again, they've benefited from the BCS's wonky polls, from the lingering reputation of the Big-10 as a "power conference" (it isn't, at least right now, at least in football), and from a non-existent out-of-conference schedule. You can't blame them for this strategy, given the circumstances. Right time, right place, right system.

OSU's undefeated record last year -- again, against mediocre competition -- should play a role in determining their inclusion in the BCS Championship Game this year, despite what I've heard from OSU supporters

---I agree, but it seems year in and out, the prior performance of team/conference plays a huge role in the initial rankings. And those rankings are 2/3's of the BCS. Not sure why they are complaining though, cause what they did last year was why the started in the top 10 this year.

teams, they struggle (e.g. overranked Wisconsin & Iowa, not to mention below-average Northwestern & Michigan).

---Wisconsin Grad here...so watch it bub: :nono:

...jk, Wisconsin finished about what I thought they would be, 18-20 range. I'm looking forward to more of Gary Anderson. He looks to be the real deal.

It is so pathetic that Ohio St is ranked above Auburn. They haven't beat a good team in 2 years. HAHAHA. I'm not even a SEC nuthugger. It is sad that Ohio St can play no one and get in. Oh they beat a ranked NWern team by NWern doing something dumb at the end? They have lost 7 straight :clap: They beat Wisconsin by 7, the same team that just lost to Penn St at home by 7?? :banana: Michigan has been PUTRID on offense, and they just gave 600 yards up to them/ :doublethumbsup:

Bama would beat Ohio St by 30, it isn't even a question.

OSU's undefeated record last year -- again, against mediocre competition -- should play a role in determining their inclusion in the BCS Championship Game this year, despite what I've heard from OSU supporters

---I agree, but it seems year in and out, the prior performance of team/conference plays a huge role in the initial rankings. And those rankings are 2/3's of the BCS. Not sure why they are complaining though, cause what they did last year was why the started in the top 10 this year.

teams, they struggle (e.g. overranked Wisconsin & Iowa, not to mention below-average Northwestern & Michigan).

---Wisconsin Grad here...so watch it bub: :nono:

...jk, Wisconsin finished about what I thought they would be, 18-20 range. I'm looking forward to more of Gary Anderson. He looks to be the real deal.

Yep...I despise the pre-season polls/rankings, which only serve to (a.) put money in the pockets of ESPN, CBS, etc. so that they can market early season games against arbitrarily determined top-ranked teams & (b.) maintain the "presige" of certain programs and certain conferences, year in and year out. I'm in favor of getting rid of polls/rankings altogether until early October. That way, one could...you know...actually watch some games before determining the best teams in the nation.

As far as Wisconsin goes, the loss to a very average (even below-average) Penn State looks pretty bad. Still, I'd probably rank Wisconsin in the #24-#26 range; so I don't think they're egregiously overranked or anything.

Florida St is by far the #1 team in the country; I actually preferred them to Alabama prior to this week. They won't lose to Duke. They're in.

Unless Ohio St lose their conference championship game to Michigan St, they are in. Actually, Missouri has an excellent shot at beating Auburn. However, you can't allow a bogus one loss team skip over an Ohio St team that hasn't lost a game in two years. They deserve the shot. They allowed undefeated Notre Dame into the "title" game last year, so what possible reason can you give to keep Ohio St out, other than the dirtbags at ESPN and CBS pushing their pro-SEC agenda due to contractual obligations.

Ain't pro SEC agenda, anyone on any network can see it. Ohio St plays no one for 2 years and gets in. Ohio St isn't even a top 5 team. My Buffalo Bulls gave them a decent game at their place. Ohio St is straight garbage. Their good wins are mediocre. And they struggled in those games.

It is so pathetic that Ohio St is ranked above Auburn. They haven't beat a good team in 2 years. HAHAHA. I'm not even a SEC nuthugger. It is sad that Ohio St can play no one and get in. Oh they beat a ranked NWern team by NWern doing something dumb at the end? They have lost 7 straight :clap: They beat Wisconsin by 7, the same team that just lost to Penn St at home by 7?? :banana: Michigan has been PUTRID on offense, and they just gave 600 yards up to them/ :doublethumbsup:

Bama would beat Ohio St by 30, it isn't even a question.

FWIW, I do not think OSU will get by MSU, but if they do, they should be in the title game. We all know that Auburn should have 3 losses and possibly 5 or 6.

FWIW, I do not think OSU will get by MSU, but if they do, they should be in the title game. We all know that Auburn should have 3 losses and possibly 5 or 6.

Ohio State and Fla St are in the 60s for strength of schedule. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the people like PB who say how overrated the SEC is. Yet they smoke these undefeated teams in the championship game each year. It is like what happens on the field doesn't matter to some people. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see who is who in todays college football. It is proven each year in the biggest football game.

Yep...I despise the pre-season polls/rankings, which only serve to (a.) put money in the pockets of ESPN, CBS, etc. so that they can market early season games against arbitrarily determined top-ranked teams & (b.) maintain the "presige" of certain programs and certain conferences, year in and year out. I'm in favor of getting rid of polls/rankings altogether until early October. That way, one could...you know...actually watch some games before determining the best teams in the nation.

As far as Wisconsin goes, the loss to a very average (even below-average) Penn State looks pretty bad. Still, I'd probably rank Wisconsin in the #24-#26 range; so I don't think they're egregiously overranked or anything.

First UW game I've turned off in disgust in a very long time. Stave was the least bad choice at QB this year and an "average" QB would have killed Penn State for crowding the line to stop the rush like they did. Until Coach Anderson can get his QB in place, I think UW will be about the same next year. The defensive collapse this weekend was quite surprising though, I did not see that coming at all, they got gashed bad.

I've said the same thing about the Polls for years. Not a fan of the coaches poll being used for anything, the coaches have a stake in the rankings and they obviously can't watch the games, just asinine.

I've said the same thing about the Polls for years. Not a fan of the coaches poll being used for anything, the coaches have a stake in the rankings and they obviously can't watch the games, just asinine.

Agreed, but everyone has a bias... Reporters are biased towards regional teams they cover. Bigger the playoff, the better.

In BCS Championship games:

SEC: 9-1

Big 12: 2-5

ACC: 1-2

Big 10: 1-2

Big East: 1-2

Pac 12: 1-2

:lol:

Ain't pro SEC agenda, anyone on any network can see it. Ohio St plays no one for 2 years and gets in. Ohio St isn't even a top 5 team. My Buffalo Bulls gave them a decent game at their place. Ohio St is straight garbage. Their good wins are mediocre. And they struggled in those games.

Eh, Ohio St is surely flawed.

But Auburn can't throw the ball at all. They're like watching old wishbone Nebraska under Tom Osborne going against a fast team in a title game and getting throttled.

You can make a case for Alabama being good. But Auburn/Missouri/any SEC team is nothing to brag about.

Eh, Ohio St is surely flawed.

But Auburn can't throw the ball at all. They're like watching old wishbone Nebraska under Tom Osborne going against a fast team in a title game and getting throttled.

You can make a case for Alabama being good. But Auburn/Missouri/any SEC team is nothing to brag about.

I don't think any team is really that great this year... After watching BC dominate FSU for a half I'm not sold on them either.

I love the people like PB who say how overrated the SEC is. Yet they smoke these undefeated teams in the championship game each year. It is like what happens on the field doesn't matter to some people. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see who is who in todays college football. It is proven each year in the biggest football game.

They rarely allowed the best teams into the championship games. It was an SEC team vs a hand selected opponent with loss(es), disregarding the best teams, regardless of conferences.

It's a joke and the SEC is basically a pyramid scheme.

They rarely allowed the best teams into the championship games. It was an SEC team vs a hand selected opponent with loss(es), disregarding the best teams, regardless of conferences.

See this is always your argument, in which no one can refute because there is no playoff. But just because teams YOU think are the best aren't in, doesn't mean they would beat these SEC teams. Your argument is all speculative.

What ISN"T speculative is the SEC blows out teams that ran through a season undefeated. Or were the 2nd best team in coaches, media, fans eyes. SEC is 9-1 in the biggest game of the season. Their loss came via an all SEC matchup. There is no way you can dispute that. The SEC has a perfect record vs any best team that the Big 12 or Big 10 has each year. You tell me that means nothing. I'm sure Boise St and TCU are juggernauts and would have stopped those SEC teams in those years if they got a chance :rolleyes: but it is speculative. Say the SEC doesn't play the next best team each year like you say. They STILL whoop up on top 3 or 4 teams in that game each year. NEVER have lost to a top 3 or 4 team in the biggest game of the year. But I guess that doesn't matter.

Ohio State and Fla St are in the 60s for strength of schedule. :lol: :lol: :lol:

??? So they are bad because they have beaten everyone on their schedule. :blink:

??? So they are bad because they have beaten everyone on their schedule. :blink:

Come again? Their SOS is low because they are undefeated? What?

Like Cowherd said today, if Ohio St went out and beat Wis and Mich by 20 or 30 like any #2 team would....then ok. But they didn't. They play such a weak schedule and didn't even look impressive doing it. At least look good going through your gifted undefeated season....you know?

Philly who are the 2 best teams this year then in your eyes? FSU and who?

To address your previous point, yep, it's all speculative, which is why I frequently use "title" to describe the result of the season. It's a popularity contest, and has been for many, many decades.

It's Florida St and.....throw 10 teams in a sack and pick one. I'd give it to Ohio St only because they are undefeated, but it's all a joke and I'd dam focking glad for the chaos.

But wouldn't this be sooooo much more fun with a 16 team playoff?

Yuck.

Cowherd is the man. He caters to elite players and programs, because of ratings. But he speaks logically most of the time.

I'm all for playoff. It never is a real championship when polls and computers decides who plays out of 100 D1 programs. But using common sense, logic, and your own eyes....it is easy to see SEC is and has been the best conf by a solid margin for years. Teams don't just stroll into National Championships beating top 3 teams like it is a walk in the park. No conference pumps out at many NFL players. No conf puts more money/time into their football programs. SEC has made good teams look like they don't belong. Yet people say their dominance is fabricated? How when they prove it on the field?

As for this single year, it is just another example of why a playoff is needed. It often results in this. But no one can sit here and say Ohio State beat anyone good. If they beat Mich St next week it will be the first top 10 team they have beat since 2009.

Cowherd is the man. He caters to elite players and programs, because of ratings. But he speaks logically most of the time.

I'm all for playoff. It never is a real championship when polls and computers decides who plays out of 100 D1 programs. But using common sense, logic, and your own eyes....it is easy to see SEC is and has been the best conf by a solid margin for years. Teams don't just stroll into National Championships beating top 3 teams like it is a walk in the park. No conference pumps out at many NFL players. No conf puts more money/time into their football programs. SEC has made good teams look like they don't belong. Yet people say their dominance is fabricated? How when they prove it on the field?

As for this single year, it is just another example of why a playoff is needed. It often results in this. But no one can sit here and say Ohio State beat anyone good. If they beat Mich St next week it will be the first top 10 team they have beat since 2009.

Look, you can argue that the SEC is better than the Big 10 overall, and I may stay out of it. But the SEC is not better than the Big 12 nor Pac 12, and I'd take the Big 12 over the SEC year to year.

The SEC is top heavy with a couple of very good teams, has a bunch of OK to mediocre crap in the middle, and shitty teams at the bottom, just like everybody else. Just because you have a bunch of 6 to 7 wins teams doesn't make you a good conference. Just take a look at how many MAC teams went to bowls last year. And almost every SEC team scheduling 3-4 home games vs Sun Belt and Div II teams every single year is embarrassing and makes the schedule look like sh!t. Auburn's schedule is sh!t. Not that Ohio St's schedule is better. But Auburn's schedule is sh!t.

Also, don't overrate drafting from conferences.

We had a dumbass GM for the Seahawks in Tim Ruskell. He loved to draft from the SEC and the other power conferences. For 5 years, that's what he did. Worst 5 years of drafting in Seahawks history. So many busts from big time schools. Our franchise was in ruins until Carroll and Schneider came along and dig everywhere for players.

Don't buy into the hype is the lesson here.

Either way of they are top he

Look, you can argue that the SEC is better than the Big 10 overall, and I may stay out of it. But the SEC is not better than the Big 12 nor Pac 12, and I'd take the Big 12 over the SEC year to year.

The SEC is top heavy with a couple of very good teams, has a bunch of OK to mediocre crap in the middle, and shitty teams at the bottom, just like everybody else. Just because you have a bunch of 6 to 7 wins teams doesn't make you a good conference. Just take a look at how many MAC teams went to bowls last year. And almost every SEC team scheduling 3-4 home games vs Sun Belt and Div II teams every single year is embarrassing and makes the schedule look like sh!t. Auburn's schedule is sh!t. Not that Ohio St's schedule is better. But Auburn's schedule is sh!t.

Even if they are top heavy, you still have more power teams and real contenders. Beating 3 or 4 real strong teams and then 4 or 5 yuppys is better than struggling with mediocre teams and playing your other half vs yuppys.

Also, don't overrate drafting from conferences.

We had a dumbass GM for the Seahawks in Tim Ruskell. He loved to draft from the SEC and the other power conferences. For 5 years, that's what he did. Worst 5 years of drafting in Seahawks history. So many busts from big time schools. Our franchise was in ruins until Carroll and Schneider came along and dig everywhere for players.

Don't buy into the hype is the lesson here.

You can't say the SEC does not have the most big time players. I mean come on... I'm not overrating it, I'm just adding it to the long list of reasons.

Who are the best 5 teams in the Big Ten?

1. Ohio St

2. Mich St.

3. Wisconsin

4. Iowa?

5. Nebraska?

6. Mich/Penn St???

SEC?

1. Bama

2. Auburn

3. MIZZ

4. LSU

5. SC

6. TexasAM/Georgia???

You don't see a huge difference?

Big 12?

1. Oak St

2. Baylor

3. Oak

4. Texas??????????/ They were blown out by Ol Miss in their own house..............................

Of course I'm biased but considering when OSU agreed to play Cal (4yrs ago), Cal was coming off 6 straight winning seasons (2 of which were 10 win seasons) there was little doubt that they'd be as bad 4 years later... not to mention that we played away (at Cal). Vanderbilt also cancelled on us so we had to find a replacement.

FWIW:

Ohio State beat Buffalo, who beat Ohio U, who beat Marshall, who beat Gardner Webb, who beat Woffard, who beat Georgia Southern, who beat Florida, who beat Tennessee, who beat South Carolina, who beat Mississippi State, who beat Ole Miss, who beat LSU, who beat Auburn, who just beat Bama.

That's just bullsh!t.

Let's see, in the innaugeral season of the BCS, going into championship weekend, an 11-0 Tennesee team was ranked number three, behind also unbeaten K-state and UCLA. Both of those teams lost on championship weekend and Tennessee got in... against a 1 loss FSU team with no QB.

The only unbeaten major conference team to get left out of the title game? SEC. Auburn got left out.

The year that Alabama and LSU had the rematch was bull. I'll give you that one. Okie state should have gotten a shot.

I know you are a Boise nutthugger, but if you honestly believe that Boise was a top two team in the country EVER, you are retarded.