Sign in to follow this  
CincinnatiDan

WHIR -- PPR Pick 3: Danny Woodhead, Julius Thomas, Jason Witten

Hey fellas, first week of the playoffs and I've got tough matchups. Right now I'm trying to pick my TE and Flex spot from 3 players in a PPR league:

1. Danny Woodhead
  2. Julius Thomas
  3. Jason Witten

Need to pick two. Witten and Thomas have the better matchups, but things I'm fretting over:

1. Giants haven't given up a 100yd rusher to a RB more than once this season. Could this be a good thing for Woodhead in a PPR league (more catches if Mathews struggles)?
  2. Witten is playing in a primetime game against a Bears Defense that is giving up a lot of points. Could be a shootout too. But, has been very inconsistent all year. I also have Dez Bryant.
  3. Could the cold weather in Denver cause some stiffness in Julius's knee even though he's apparently 100%? Also, if Peyton struggles, how many TDs will there to be go around? I also have Demaryius Thomas.

Rest of my team:

• QB: Drew Brees
  • RB1: Jamaal Charles
  • RB2: Giovani Bernard
  • WR1: Dez Bryant
  • WR2: Demaryius Thomas
  • TE: ?
  • Flex: ?
  • D/ST: Cincinnati Bengals

Leave a link and I will give you my opinion in return! Thanks.

Thanks for responding to mine.

For the first pick, I think you really have to go with Julius Thomas. Yes, he's coming off of an injury and the cold weather might cause some issues but I think this is a perfect scenario for him to have another big game. Tennessee's corners have been playing outstanding football this season which will help funnel a lot of balls in the direction of Thomas and the running backs.

Second one is not quite so easy. Danny Woodhead saved my season as a capable RB2 when Doug Martin when down but he's been terribly inconsistent lately. That said, the Giants are giving up 5+ catches per game to RBs and he's one of the best pass-catching RBs in the league, if not the best period. I'd go with Woodhead and hope for a 7 or 8 catch performance.

That 5+ catch stat for RBs versus the Giants sealed it for me. That pretty much puts his floor at like 7pts whereas Witten's floor would be 3-5 points based on this year (and especially recent games). Plus, Julius and Woodhead are who got me here in those spots. Thanks dude!