Sign in to follow this  
krusi123

Brady sans Gronk down the stretch

Brady has been putting up some nice numbers the past few weeks, and has probably helped some FF teams into the playoffs. That being said, I am questioning starting him this week against Miami without Gronk. Miami has given up the 3rd fewest fantasy points to QB's this season(Yahoo rating), and will be sure to design their Def. scheme with Gronk's absence in mind. Big ben lit them up last week for 349/3TD's, but some of those numbers were on freak plays.

My other option would be to start Foles against the Vikes in the dome - seriously thinking about starting Foles over Brady this week… Am I over-thinking this one?

Well Brady has Vereen now and Amendola is playing. So I don't think it'll be as bad as early-season Brady, but there will definitely be significant slippage. Gronk made that whole offense ten times better

I kinda feel like I have to go with brady no matter what. i'm looking at luck against Houston at home but I just don't think I can stomach losing in the playoffs because I benched brady. he did fine without gronk at the end of the Cleveland game after doing nothing the whole time gronk was in there. while I agree gronk has made the pats better, I could also argue its been vereen that has made the biggest difference the past 3+ weeks. I think when brady played Miami the first time gronk played and they still did very little in the passing game. if I also recall right there were several rushing tds in that game for the pats which as we know could easily be brady tds the next time.

I kinda feel like I have to go with brady no matter what. i'm looking at luck against Houston at home but I just don't think I can stomach losing in the playoffs because I benched brady. he did fine without gronk at the end of the Cleveland game after doing nothing the whole time gronk was in there. while I agree gronk has made the pats better, I could also argue its been vereen that has made the biggest difference the past 3+ weeks. I think when brady played Miami the first time gronk played and they still did very little in the passing game. if I also recall right there were several rushing tds in that game for the pats which as we know could easily be brady tds the next time.

I'm having a hard time putting Brady on the bench, even for Foles - but looking at match-ups, Brady has been mediocre vs. Miami the last 3 games/2 years:

Oct. 27, 2013: 13/22 116yds/1TD/1int Rushing 4/5/0TD

Dec. 30, 2012: 22/36 284yds/2TD/0int Rushing 4/5/0TD

Dec. 02, 2012: 24/40 238yds/1TD/1int Rushing 4/-1/0TD

While Brady did fine when Gronk went out last week, this time defenses can adjust and scheme accordingly.

I still might start him, but I am going up against Peyton this week, so I need a solid outing, and looking at Foles match-up at Minn., it's hard not to take the plus match-up.

Brady has been putting up some nice numbers the past few weeks, and has probably helped some FF teams into the playoffs. That being said, I am questioning starting him this week against Miami without Gronk. Miami has given up the 3rd fewest fantasy points to QB's this season(Yahoo rating), and will be sure to design their Def. scheme with Gronk's absence in mind. Big ben lit them up last week for 349/3TD's, but some of those numbers were on freak plays.

My other option would be to start Foles against the Vikes in the dome - seriously thinking about starting Foles over Brady this week… Am I over-thinking this one?

nope . i think thats a wise move .

Would you all sit Brady for (McCown/Cutler)

I am seriously thinking about McCown if he starts but Cutler makes me nervous.

So I am thinking McCown plays = He plays for me.

Cutler plays...hmmm had my hand in that fire before this year... don't want to get burned again

Would you all sit Brady for (McCown/Cutler)

I am seriously thinking about McCown if he starts but Cutler makes me nervous.

So I am thinking McCown plays = He plays for me.

Cutler plays...hmmm had my hand in that fire before this year... don't want to get burned again

I think Brady will put up better stats than either of the Bears QB's this week, but the decision would be close.

I might be talked into playing McCown over Brady, but not Cutler - he has to shake off the rust.

I think the Ceveland D will be a true test for either of the Bears QB's - no cakewalk here.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10114659/dimitri-patterson-miami-dolphins-placed-season-ending-ir

dolphins will be without a couple of corners...imo that was the strength of their defense.

I think that Miami's secondary has been decent even without Patterson, but this is something to think about.

- I was thinking going with Foles over Brady, but I wonder if Philly gets up early(especially if AP is out), then goes to heavy run game. That could mean lower numbers for Foles.

I think that Miami's secondary has been decent even without Patterson, but this is something to think about.

- I was thinking going with Foles over Brady, but I wonder if Philly gets up early(especially if AP is out), then goes to heavy run game. That could mean lower numbers for Foles.

if I had foles i'd start him over brady without much thought. its the safest play for sure. I can't see foles having some disaster game but I can see it with brady. he already had a sub 10 game against Miami this year. I don't think it'll happen again but the risk is there.

I went Brady over Foles last week, before the snow and the snow confirmed my decesion, but am going the other way this week.

Foles dome. Bad D. Sign me up.

I went Brady over Foles last week, before the snow and the snow confirmed my decesion, but am going the other way this week.

Foles dome. Bad D. Sign me up.

I did the same thing last week - and luckily Brady pulled it together in the last few minutes for a decent FF outing. Foles in the dome sure does look inviting… I am leaning Foles this week.

I did the same thing last week - and luckily Brady pulled it together in the last few minutes for a decent FF outing. Foles in the dome sure does look inviting I am leaning Foles this week.

I would be heavily in on Foles. The Dolphins will play the Pats tough and losing Gronk really swings the pendulum