Sign in to follow this  
ec321a

WIN MY PLAYOFF!

Okay, so I made the playoffs with my win and a division rivals loss... yes it sucks but I could have missed the playoffs at 10-4 (WTF?)...

1. Nick Foles @ MIN or a rebounding Luck taking on HOU? I'm thinking Foles is still the hot hand to ride, but luck cost me 20 points this week in a no start.

2. D/ST DEN taking on SD or DET taking on BAL? Pretty sure DET is the right pick... feel free to throw in sneaky waiver analysis if you have any, TEN is available and playing the Cards, but it seems like a coin flip, either 25 points or 2, lol.

3. Biggest question... My receivers: D. Thomas, T. Smith, M. Floyd, M. Crabtree, C. Patterson. I need (3).

Thomas is a lock with Welker out, and even on a short week I have faith in all my Broncs (Thomas, Thomas, Moreno, Prater).

Thinking Torrey Smith should be locked, especially playing DET, but this contradicts my D/ST start.

Floyd vs. TEN could be another coin flip... they're tough... but Fitz could take all the coverage allowing for a huge day, or they could both fail.

Patterson is playing the Eagles which looks lovely, but he's yet to be that "every week" guy... but has huge upside (we get special teams through the player and whoever has the D/ST)

And Crabtree... woe is me... I dunno what to do about him... Throw him in? I doubt it, but next week he might be a must start against ATL.

Anyways, pick 3 receivers. If you could reply in the same format I posted, i.e., number your responses 1. 2. 3. for easier reading, I'd sure appreciate it - and AS ALWAYS I RESPOND TO EVERY LINK!!!

Thanks Geeks -

JW

1. Foles for sure.

2. Id probably go Denver D at home on a short week. Det is Monday night indoors. Mon night games are often high scoring.

3. Thomas and Smith for sure. I'd check Floyd's injury status and would play him if he's full go. If not, I'd go with Crabtree. Patterson is just too dependent on the big play. If you want safe I'd go Floyd/Crab. If you need big upside go Patterson.

Please help

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=429544&do=findComment&comment=5164175

Thanks, replied. But BAL is terrible and DET is sack city!!! :) And Philip Rivers may ball out of control on DEN!

1. Roll with Foles, no doubt about it. Great matchup. He got like 20 points last week in a foot of snow, start him.

2. Detroit for sure. Denver/SD should be a shootout and I don't trust the Titans.

3. DThomas is a lock every week. Torrey should be heavily involved against the Lions - gotta figure the run game will be shut down and they'll have to keep up with Detroit's offense. After that, something of a coin flip but my gut says Patterson. Coming on strong at the end of the year, playing against a team that has a very good offense and a not so good defense - high shootout potential. Icing on the cake is AP potentially being out. Floyd is hurt I think and gets a tough pass defense anyway. Crabtree.... just came back and that offense is not inspiring confidence.

Thanks for responding to mine.

Foles

You have the same problem I do with Floyd - thanks for replying BTW - and I like your logic about TEN shutting down Fitz and not letting him beat them, so Floyd could get the targets back.

As far as defenses go, I'm streaming Jacksonville this week at home against putrid Buffalo. It's a risk I'm willing to take with Manuel's confidence shaken and I would imagine Gus Bradley is going to focus on shutting down Spiller and F. Jackson and make Manuel beat them throwing - which has to lead to 1-2+ picks at least.

Sacks are a point in my league and I'm hedging my bets that they'll get a little pressure on him as well.

1. Roll with Foles, no doubt about it. Great matchup. He got like 20 points last week in a foot of snow, start him.

2. Detroit for sure. Denver/SD should be a shootout and I don't trust the Titans.

3. DThomas is a lock every week. Torrey should be heavily involved against the Lions - gotta figure the run game will be shut down and they'll have to keep up with Detroit's offense. After that, something of a coin flip but my gut says Patterson. Coming on strong at the end of the year, playing against a team that has a very good offense and a not so good defense - high shootout potential. Icing on the cake is AP potentially being out. Floyd is hurt I think and gets a tough pass defense anyway. Crabtree.... just came back and that offense is not inspiring confidence.

Thanks for responding to mine.

THANK YOU... I dunno why I'm weird like that but I love it when someone sees things just like me... I think Floyd and Crabtree are better options as far as stability (8-12 almost guaranteed in .5PPR), but at this point I look at the floor for Patterson at like 6-8 pts, and the ceiling to be stupid high...

Mix that with the fact that MikeFabs has him as his sleeper WR of the week and considering we also get 1 pt for every 25 return yards and 6 point return TD's...

I know it's a gamble but if neither Floyd or Crabs go off, it's just silly sounding to me to not go with PHJ (I call Patterson Percy Harvin, Jr.), when the difference in "guaranteed points" as I estimate them is only like 2-4 (even though there's never a guarantee in fantasy).

Foles

You have the same problem I do with Floyd - thanks for replying BTW - and I like your logic about TEN shutting down Fitz and not letting him beat them, so Floyd could get the targets back.

As far as defenses go, I'm streaming Jacksonville this week at home against putrid Buffalo. It's a risk I'm willing to take with Manuel's confidence shaken and I would imagine Gus Bradley is going to focus on shutting down Spiller and F. Jackson and make Manuel beat them throwing - which has to lead to 1-2+ picks at least.

Sacks are a point in my league and I'm hedging my bets that they'll get a little pressure on him as well.

I like JAX and almost picked them up, but that game to me seems like it could be just wacky... no telling the outcome... I have Spiller and could see him having 11 carries for 230 yards with TD's of 65 and 80...

Although in your favor is the fact that Buffalo, while actually pretty stout on both sides of the ball at home, has been in the bottom 2 or 3 teams on the road, I mean, we're talking ATROCIOUS compared to their home numbers... I just had a gut feeling though that it wasn't a smart gamble when I had the options I did already.

Roles

Detroit

Thomas, Crabtree, Patterson.

Thanks for answering mine!

Are you a 49er's fan or just really feel Crabtree vs TB will outshine T. Smith against PIT, or maybe a little insight? Thanks regardless!

Foles for sure.

I would go with Detroit because Baltimore offense is just kinda ehh.. really not that great. Games with Baltimore are not very high scoring as well.

Thomas, Smith and Crabtree - Thomas for sure. Smith is Flacco's only target and who knows, Flacco throws so many picks, you might even get a pick 6 out of it and get decent points even if Smith has a good game. And I would go with Crabtree because 49ers have all their weapons back and healthy. They can only stick Revis on one person and it could be Boldin or Davis.

Thanks for mine

Did I mention I get 1 point/25 return yards and individual return TD's? I'm a little miffed at the lack of Patterson support on this...

Floyd missed practice today. I'm thinking I put Floyd or Crabtree in there... but if I need a home run come Sunday due to my 4 Broncos performing below expectations Thursday night I gotta go Patterson for the home run right?

I would go:

1. Foles

2. Detroit

3. Thomas, Smith, Patterson

I'm usually a take the safe pick and plan ahead kind of owner, but it's the freakin' playoffs. It's time to go all upside and either crush it or look like a jackass. In my mind, Foles has a better chance to thrown a ridiculous number of TDs than Luck. Rivers seems to come up big against Manning, Flacco is - well - Flacco. I think DET has a better chance to pressure Flacco and make him throw some ducks. Thomas is a no-brainer, Smith could come down with the ducks that DET doesn't pick off, and Patterson might get you 2 points but with the added attraction of a possible shootout and special teams potential his upside is hard to ignore.

Thanks for mine!

I would go with:

1. Foles, though it is close since I think Houston is going to pack it in the rest of the way.

2. Denver - Thursday nights are ripe for D/ST (Though I hope I am wrong here as I have Rivers starting.)

3. Thomas, Smith, and Patterson

Okay, so I made the playoffs with my win and a division rivals loss... yes it sucks but I could have missed the playoffs at 10-4 (WTF?)...

1. Nick Foles @ MIN or a rebounding Luck taking on HOU? I'm thinking Foles is still the hot hand to ride, but luck cost me 20 points this week in a no start.

2. D/ST DEN taking on SD or DET taking on BAL? Pretty sure DET is the right pick... feel free to throw in sneaky waiver analysis if you have any, TEN is available and playing the Cards, but it seems like a coin flip, either 25 points or 2, lol.

3. Biggest question... My receivers: D. Thomas, T. Smith, M. Floyd, M. Crabtree, C. Patterson. I need (3).

Thomas is a lock with Welker out, and even on a short week I have faith in all my Broncs (Thomas, Thomas, Moreno, Prater).

Thinking Torrey Smith should be locked, especially playing DET, but this contradicts my D/ST start.

Floyd vs. TEN could be another coin flip... they're tough... but Fitz could take all the coverage allowing for a huge day, or they could both fail.

Patterson is playing the Eagles which looks lovely, but he's yet to be that "every week" guy... but has huge upside (we get special teams through the player and whoever has the D/ST)

And Crabtree... woe is me... I dunno what to do about him... Throw him in? I doubt it, but next week he might be a must start against ATL.

Anyways, pick 3 receivers. If you could reply in the same format I posted, i.e., number your responses 1. 2. 3. for easier reading, I'd sure appreciate it - and AS ALWAYS I RESPOND TO EVERY LINK!!!

Thanks Geeks -

JW

I'd go with Foles, he's been hot. Luck has had 1 great game, but has been pretty mediocre a lot this season.

Detroit Defense, it's close but Denver has been giving up way too many points.

1.) I'd play Nick Foles. I like Luck, but as a NFL QB more than a fantasy QB.

2.) I'd play Detroit defense, Baltimore is 1-5 on the road this year and home teams on MNF football win more than lose. Just ask Vegas.

3.) I'd play D.Thomas, T. Smith, and C. Patterson......Floyd is hurt, it showed last week, Crabtree is still too risky, I do not see SF-TB as a high scoring game. Without Peterson, possibly Gerhart and naming Cassel the starter, the Vikings will need to throw the ball.

Thanks Geeks -

JW

1. It's close, but I think I might actually lean towards luck this week. He opened up last week and started getting in rhythm with other receivers besides hilton and fleener. Being at home, facing a team that has nothing to play for but the worst record in the nfl. I hope I'm wrong because I'm playing against Luck, but that is my objective opinion. PHI has a run game to lean on, IND does not.

2. I would lean towards DET, but if JAX is available or PHI, those are both better choices IMO.

3. Thomas, Smith, Patterson. Floyd faces a tough pass defense, I expect that to be a lower-scoring game with two good defenses.

"facing a team that has nothing to play for but the worst record in the nfl."

That's the scariest kind of team... They're after "moral victories"... Thanks for the help!

1) Foles

2) Detroit

3) Thomas/Smith/Patterson - Floyd is tough to trust at this point with the injury and Crabtree is just not proven enough coming back from the injury.

1. Foles easy

2. I dont really either def to be honest this week.. Is buffalo available on waivers.

3. Thomas, Smith and Patterson easy

1. Foles easy

2. I dont really either def to be honest this week.. Is buffalo available on waivers.

3. Thomas, Smith and Patterson easy

Buffalo isn't available.. PHI, JAX, and TEN are though... all interesting...

The qb is a tough choice but Foles is who I am also leaning towards.

D. Thomas, T. Smith, M. Crabtree. They are the best for you.

I like the Lions but Flacco would scare me because he can throw against anyone.

Thank you for your reply to my topic.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=429603 Another question... Basically this link asks - If I hear one more rumour about Tamme filling Welker's role, would I be absolutely nuts to drop C. Patterson, pick up Tamme, and have him start in the flex tonight beside my other Broncs (Moreno, D. Thomas, J. Thomas, Prater)?

I just have no doubts when it comes to Broncos O players... but I would need some kinda official statement saying he's starting in the slot right? Manning has man-love with Tamme.