Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame officially announced next year's inductees on Monday: Nirvana, Kiss, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt will all join the class of 2014. The E Street Band will be given the Award for Musical Excellence and Beatles manager Brian Epstein and original Rolling Stones manager Andrew Loog Oldgham will both receive the Ahmet Ertegun Award for non-performers.

KISS should tell them to go fock themselves :bandana:

YES and DEEP PURPLE are the new RUSH

The Hall still blows

You don't like this class, Rusty?

Hall and Oates is considered rock-n-roll???

I can't go for that........noooooo.

Yeah they need to change the name.

Nirvana will go in being the most overrated band in the hall.

That honor goes to their classmates, Kiss.

You fockers haven't got a clue - like them or not -- Nirvana was one of the original Grunge bands and the first one to really bring it to the masses. Kiss was the first Make up Rock Band (at least mainstream) . Kiss you can argue about their music sucking as it hasn't held up well at all but Nirvana still holds up really well and is pretty good. People might hate them as they think Grunge killed Rock n Roll -- after Nirvana , Soundgarden , and Pearl Jam but all 3 ushered in a big era in Rock

You fockers haven't got a clue - like them or not -- Nirvana was one of the original Grunge bands and the first one to really bring it to the masses. Kiss was the first Make up Rock Band (at least mainstream) . Kiss you can argue about their music sucking as it hasn't held up well at all but Nirvana still holds up really well and is pretty good. People might hate them as they think Grunge killed Rock n Roll -- after Nirvana , Soundgarden , and Pearl Jam but all 3 ushered in a big era in Rock

Nirvana had one song that defined them. One song. I can rattle off a hundred bands that had numerous songs that defined them in a few minutes. They are one of the most overated bands in history in terms of their genius and musical abilities.

Pure crap :banana:

That's an entirely different question.

Who is more"rock and roll" on that list then kiss and why?

That's an entirely different question.

Who is more"rock and roll" on that list then kiss and why?

If that's your criteria, then I suppose Kiss wins. By the way, Winger, Nelson, Georgia Satellites, Cinderella, Vixen, Cracker, Eve 6, The Gin Blossoms, Tonic, and Third Eye Blind would also win the 'most rock and roll' award if they replaced Kiss on the list. So I'm not sure what having electric guitars mean as far as being HOF worthy. :dunno:

If that's your criteria, then I suppose Kiss wins. By the way, Winger, Nelson, Georgia Satellites, Cinderella, Vixen, Cracker, Eve 6, The Gin Blossoms, Tonic, and Third Eye Blind would also win the 'most rock and roll' award if they replaced Kiss on the list. So I'm not sure what having electric guitars mean as far as being HOF worthy. :dunno:

Don't be so thick.

His point is, Hall and Oats deserves to be in the Rap HOF as much as the Rock and Roll HOF. KISS, on the other hand, IS the only true Rock and Roll nominee on the list. The name of the HOF should be Music HOF, not R&R if you don't to be a Rocker to get in.

Got it Mr. DJ?

Don't be so thick.

His point is, Hall and Oats deserves to be in the Rap HOF as much as the Rock and Roll HOF. KISS, on the other hand, IS the only true Rock and Roll nominee on the list. The name of the HOF should be Music HOF, not R&R if you don't to be a Rocker to get in.

Got it Mr. DJ?

Hall & Oates in the rap Hall of Fame? Which of their hits were rap songs? Have you ever turned a radio on? :wacko:

So there should be a separate Rock Hall of Fame, R&B HOF, Rap HOF, Country HOF, Reggae HOF, Grunge HOF, Pop HOF, Folk Music HOF, Surf HOF, Bluegrass HOF, New Wave HOF, Disco HOF, etc. Got it.

Nirvana had one song that defined them. One song. I can rattle off a hundred bands that had numerous songs that defined them in a few minutes. They are one of the most overated bands in history in terms of their genius and musical abilities.

Id say their drummer has quite a bit of musical ability.

Hall and Oates 80's material was terrible.

That I might go along with. Their 70's stuff was awesome.

That I might go along with. Their 70's stuff was awesome.

No it wasn't. They're talented, but their songs stink. You make a my dreams come true...oooh oooh...Ugh!!!

Daryl Hall was pretty funny when he was on Howard Stern. His whole family has Lyme disease. He really hates deer, loves to focking shoot them.

Kiss has been around for 40 years and sold 100 million albums

Nirvana was around for 6 years and has sold 75 million albums

now, I know record sales do not equate to talent or greatness, but their influence in the early 90s is undeniable. They weren't a great band, were'nt even the best Seattle band, but they presided over a huge cultural and aesthetic shift, and they did it through rock music. That's their great achievement.

It's like Ozzie Smith getting in the HOF just because of his defense

No it wasn't. They're talented, but their songs stink. You make a my dreams come true...oooh oooh...Ugh!!!

Daryl Hall was pretty funny when he was on Howard Stern. His whole family has Lyme disease. He really hates deer, loves to focking shoot them.

I'm talking about their bluesy stuff ... Sara Smile, Rich Girl, She's Gone, Wait For Me, One on One..... Those are great songs.

I'm talking about their bluesy stuff ... Sara Smile, Rich Girl, She's Gone, Wait For Me, One on One..... Those are great songs.

I just listened to Sara Smile, or as much as I could stomach. Rich Girl is ok, She's Gone ok. That's as good as it gets for Hall and Oates.

I just listened to Sara Smile, or as much as I could stomach. Rich Girl is ok, She's Gone ok. That's as good as it gets for Hall and Oates.

Just out of curiosity - how old are you? Maybe I just think they're great bcoz I grew up with them - they were awesome to me.

Just out of curiosity - how old are you? Maybe I just think they're great bcoz I grew up with them - they were awesome to me.

And most everyone else. Like Edjr said, greatest selling duo of all-time.

Love the E Street Band getting an award for musical excellence,R.I.P Clarence

Nirvana Had At Least 10 Songs That Were Huge HiTs Wtf Are You Taking About

Nirvana Had At Least 10 Songs That Were Huge HiTs Wtf Are You Taking About

I can only think of the one HUGE hit and that's SLTS. In my opinion Come As You Are is their best song.

43 - when I was 12 or so I guess I thought Private Eyes was ok. Very dated music, lame lyrics.