Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

that show on that high def music channel, at darrels house or whateverr kicks ass. was never into their music but darrell is a very talented mofo

that show on that high def music channel, at darrels house or whateverr kicks ass. was never into their music but darrell is a very talented mofo

Agreed. I watch that on Youtube all the time.

43 - when I was 12 or so I guess I thought Private Eyes was ok. Very dated music, lame lyrics.

Wow, I'm 44 and I'm not sure anyone outside of the big metal-heads didn't like them in my group of friends. Just goes to show different strokes I guess - so who did you like during the late 70's and early 80's?

Wow, I'm 44 and I'm not sure anyone outside of the big metal-heads didn't like them in my group of friends. Just goes to show different strokes I guess - so who did you like during the late 70's and early 80's?

You've hit the nail on the head. In the 80's, if it wasn't metal, it was crap. Metallica, Ozzy, Slayer, Anthrax, Maiden, Rush etc. At least that's how I felt then. I see the 80's though as the worst decade of music. More open to some of the stuff now, like The Cure, New Order, U2, REM. 70's - Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd are 2 of my all time favorites. Xmas 1981 I got my first 2 albums Kiss - Destroyer and Alive 2, a week later I got Diary of a Madman by Ozzy.

You've hit the nail on the head. In the 80's, if it wasn't metal, it was crap. Metallica, Ozzy, Slayer, Anthrax, Maiden, Rush etc. At least that's how I felt then. I see the 80's though as the worst decade of music. More open to some of the stuff now, like The Cure, New Order, U2, REM. 70's - Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd are 2 of my all time favorites. Xmas 1981 I got my first 2 albums Kiss - Destroyer and Alive 2, a week later I got Diary of a Madman by Ozzy.

Ha well that explains itl. Metallica, Rush, and couple others were pretty good - the rest just a bunch of crappy noise. But different strokes for sure.

Ha well that explains itl. Metallica, Rush, and couple others were pretty good - the rest just a bunch of crappy noise. But different strokes for sure.

One difference I've noticed about heavy metal-types and fans of other genres is that fans of pop or new wave usually have a few heavy metal or harder rock bands that they like (for me, it was always AC/DC, Rush, Preist, and Metallica), but heavy metal dudes almost always hate everything else.

One difference I've noticed about heavy metal-types and fans of other genres is that fans of pop or new wave usually have a few heavy metal or harder rock bands that they like (for me, it was always AC/DC, Rush, Preist, and Metallica), but heavy metal dudes almost always hate everything else.

I've liked a lot of different stuff since then, so I think some of it was age and the 80's sucking so bad. Phil Collins, Prince, bad Bruce, Madonna, focking Wham, Whitney Houston, Lionel Richie, Duran Duran, Huey Lewis, Bryan Adams, this was what was on the radio in the 80s..brutal.

Don't remember exactly how old I was but my first two albums were Kiss Alive and Kiss Alive 2. Shortly after I got Blizzard of Oz.

I loved metal in the 80's. Priest, Maiden, Scorpions, Ozzy, Rush, Metallica, and the like. But I was also into bands like Cheap Trick, Petty, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Billy Squier, Pat Benatar, and Billy Idol. Most heads I knew, were. I used to laugh at all the hardcore metal heads when they'd say those bands were crap. I once caught a guy in school wearing a Black Flag shirt listening to Tori Amos on his Walkman. Me: I'm telling that skank girlfriend of yours you listen to whiny b!tch music! Metal Amos: Please don't. My mom told her I was signing Duran Duran in the garage yesterday and she's threatening to break up with me.

Don't remember exactly how old I was but my first two albums were Kiss Alive and Kiss Alive 2. Shortly after I got Blizzard of Oz.

I loved metal in the 80's. Priest, Maiden, Scorpions, Ozzy, Rush, Metallica, and the like. But I was also into bands like Cheap Trick, Petty, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Billy Squier, Pat Benatar, and Billy Idol. Most heads I knew, were. I used to laugh at all the hardcore metal heads when they'd say those bands were crap. I once caught a guy in school wearing a Black Flag shirt listening to Tori Amos on his Walkman. Me: I'm telling that skank girlfriend of yours you listen to whiny b!tch music! Metal Amos: Please don't. My mom told her I was signing Duran Duran in the garage yesterday and she's threatening to break up with me.

I recall saying to a buddy that Led Zep was lame, but that was kind of related to working in a kitchen and listening to their albums constantly. All those bands you mentioned are/were good, just not something I would put on, and rock to hard rockish anyway. I did like Journey - Infinity and Departure mostly. Another friend would play one of Bob Seger's Nine Tonight, always liked that.

It's not bad, but both YES & DEEP PURPLE should have been at the TOP of the list.

Everyone has their personal favorites that they crusade for. For years it was Rush. And Kiss. Bottom line is, compared to the inductees most years, this is a very solid group. I think they're all worthy, even Kiss. Although I think their music, for the most part, was garbage, there's no denying their role in music history.

I think they're all worthy, even Kiss. , there's no denying their role in music history.

:headbanger: