Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Fiend

Cutler Owners Beware!

Speaking Thursday, Bears coach Marc Trestman "left the door open" to potentially resting players in Sunday night's game depending on the results of the Lions and Packers games.

Although that's likely sending a chill down every Jay Cutler owner's spine, that would require not only the Packers to lose, but Eli Manning and the Giants to defeat Ndamukong Suh and the Lions on the road. It's not going to happen. Start Cutler, Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall as you normally would. Dec 19 - 3:54 PM

Source: Zach Zaidman on Twitter

Probably wont happen..... But there is always a chance here fellas, and it could crush SB hopes...Not enough background on Trestman to know how he will play this out?

I can't see Trestman sitting his stars so early, especially with Cutler needing game time after missing so much time. He will want his offense clicking for the playoffs, and having your guys sit for that long may not be a good idea.

Not sure besides maybe Indy I have ever seen a team rest healthy players in week 16.

Speaking Thursday, Bears coach Marc Trestman "left the door open" to potentially resting players in Sunday night's game depending on the results of the Lions and Packers games.

Although that's likely sending a chill down every Jay Cutler owner's spine, that would require not only the Packers to lose, but Eli Manning and the Giants to defeat Ndamukong Suh and the Lions on the road. It's not going to happen. Start Cutler, Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall as you normally would. Dec 19 - 3:54 PM

Source: Zach Zaidman on Twitter

Probably wont happen..... But there is always a chance here fellas, and it could crush SB hopes...Not enough background on Trestman to know how he will play this out?

funny how this report mentions no exact quote, that they base their "open door" comment on.

Since there are two threads on this....I will post this here too:

WORST CASE SCENARIO: If the Lions lose and the Packers win, Chicago would have zero incentive to play anyone of value because, win or lose, the division title will still come down to their Week 17 home game against Green Bay.

-- I will not start Cutler due to this possibility. In 2011 I got completely hosed on in a situation just like this in Week 16.

Wrong. If Lions lose this week they still have a chance to go 8-8 by winning next week. Why would Chicago risk going 8-7 after this week by sitting players, then if they lose next week, going 8-8 on the year? Lions hold the tie- breaker on the Bears. Plus, win or lose for the Packers this week, Chicago will want to get to 9 wins to solidify the division.

Nope, don't think so....Bears will want to get to 9 wins before anyone to help solidify the division going into the GB game. Lions hold tie breaker over the Bears if they both end up 8-8.

Why risk all of that going into the GB game by resting players Week 16?

• Like 1

Let me put it another way. If Lions win out, they will be 9-7. If Bears lay down this week and lose, the best they too can be is 9-7. Guess who holds the tie breaker between Bears and Lions?

The Bears will not rest players in Week 16.

Are you really this dense? :doh:

If Detroit loses (and they are sucking hard right now)

AND

GB wins

Then the division title will rest SOLELY on the outcome of the GB-CHI game in Week 17. So if you want to RISK having Forte, Marshall, Jeffery and Cutler rested on Sunday night....go ahead. I lost a championship two years ago because my QBs game ended up being meaningless and they sat him after the first series.

Best of luck to you. :cheers:

baby momma is something else to say the least.

id total disregard what that person has to say. its week 16. its prime time. what planet are u guys on? chicago goes balls to the wall for the dubya.

Yeah, I'm crazy. This game could end up being meaningless to both teams!! Yay!

Why would a coach risk injuries when their team actually has to go BALLS TO THE WALL in a huge week 17 game to secure their division??

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-12-17/sports/ct-spt-1218-bears-mulligan-chicago-20131218_1_bears-eagles-game-week-17-sunday-night-football

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chicago-bears-marc-trestman-could-ruin-fantasy-football-154400202--nfl.html

You're so paranoid... You really do need a drink. They're not going to sit their players in week 16. If you roster Forte, Marshall, Jeffrey and Cutler, are you sitting them for your fantasy team? I doubt it. Threads like these are going to make some people lose their superbowls because they listened to nervous ass people.

You don't think it can happen in Week 16? In 2011, Dallas put in Stephen McGee at QB and Sammy Morris at RB because the NYG defeated the NYJ in an early game. That meant their week 16 game was meaningless, and their week 17 game with the NYG would decide the division. Dallas didn't even try......at home even.

You don't think it can happen in Week 16? In 2011, Dallas put in Stephen McGee at QB and Sammy Morris at RB because the NYG defeated the NYJ in an early game. That meant their week 16 game was meaningless, and their week 17 game with the NYG would decide the division. Dallas didn't even try......at home even.

I remember that quite well. Had Romo going in my Championship game, as well. I was so P.O.'d that I couldn't even enjoy the Christmas family get-together.

Romo banged his hand on a helmet first play of the game.

DeMarco Murray didn't play after week 14.

:unsure:

The Giants have beaten Josh Freeman, Matt Barkley, Terrell Pryor, RG3, Scott Tolzien. I don't see them beating the Lions.