Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Shanahan gets boot

kinda feel bad for the guy...,still think he's a pretty good coach

I think he's a straight up jackass who completely earned the firing. Not that any coach could work for Dan Snyder, but Shanny did his best to turn a bad situation into a friggin circus.

• Like 3

Why do people think he's still a good coach? There is little evidence to support that

With every passing year, it becomes more clear that the rat rode one of the greatest qbs of all time and what amounted to some of the greatest Rb production of recent memory to his glory. Otherwise, he's a weird little rat, socially awkward and unable to relate to any of his players. He's got weird son in tow and he sucks too. I'd be hard pressed to believe he gets another HC job.

• Like 1

i agree with pooh ...,i just like him for calling albert haynesworth a turd on national tv

Not surprising. The Skins are a mess. Too many distractions to run a proper football team. The players wanted Shanny back and claimed they loved playing for him. They sure did not play as if they wanted him back.

With every passing year, it becomes more clear that the rat rode one of the greatest qbs of all time and what amounted to some of the greatest Rb production of recent memory to his glory. Otherwise, he's a weird little rat, socially awkward and unable to relate to any of his players. He's got weird son in tow and he sucks too. I'd be hard pressed to believe he gets another HC job.

Don't forget, they were also punished for cheating during those superbowl years.

Shanny was a good coach. But he has some issues:

1) he thinks hes a far better coach than he actually is, and does what he wants regardless of what others tell him.

2) due to his arrogance, he has issues playing well with others. I suspect this is the reason he couldnt get a good Defensive Coordinator to work with in Washington.

dont get me wrong, he has revolutionized football in some ways.

the ZBS scheme was of his design and he was able to run an O-Line and get a decent run game with a shoe string budget that allowed him to spend monies elsewhere.

but the league has moved on and now lots of teams employ this system and his advantage has disappeared.

Hes still a decent coach, but his other issues make him difficult to work with and this is a problem that makes him 'not so good' to keep around.

This is my opinion, for what it is worth.