Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Bad week for DeSean Jackson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/11/burglars-take-cash-jewelry-guns-from-desean-jackson/

Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson has at least 375,000 reasons to want a new contract.

According to FOX 29 in Philly, burglars struck at Jackson’s home in South Philadelphia, removing $250,000 in cash, $125,000 in jewelry, and two semi-automatic handguns.

Hooker and dope money

Obviously something illicit, hopefully it is only stuff like that (and/or gambling).

So hey, can I call up my insurance company and say someone stole $250K cash from my house? :banana:

An idiot.

Are you people serious??? For an NFL star that's like the equivalent of $25 to most people. This is hardly even news....get real.

Are you people serious??? For an NFL star that's like the equivalent of $25 to most people. This is hardly even news....get real.

this attitude is why some people will always be poor.

Who keeps $25K lying around the house? :unsure:

No

Maybe if you have never had money your entire life ... you might not be good at managing millions?

He could distrust his bank/investor/etc and keep some emergency cash in his house or something.

Should have bought gold bars and buried in the backyard!

Maybe if you have never had money your entire life ... you might not be good at managing millions?!

You are correct.

Signed,

Most Professional Athletes

• Like 1

Which is why 78% of these morons end up broke.

Ur analogy is a bit off

That's 10,000 times the difference between $250k and $25

So if average joes makes $100k, desean makes $1billion ?

Ur analogy is a bit off

Avg joes make nowhere near 100k. More like 40k. I agree that's like me losing 25 bucks, I'd laugh it off I I we're him but players are so greedy he's prob debating suicide. Give me ten million bucks and I'd light cigars with $1000 and wipe my ass with 5k. That's so much money I couldn't spend it on a lifetime of hookers and dope.

• Like 1

Avg joes make nowhere near 100k. More like 40k. I agree that's like me losing 25 bucks, I'd laugh it off I I we're him but players are so greedy he's prob debating suicide. Give me ten million bucks and I'd light cigars with $1000 and wipe my ass with 5k. That's so much money I couldn't spend it on a lifetime of hookers and dope.

I think he was using numbers so that the math was easy here... And the point is, what he lost is much more than $25 to us common folk... Fock it, I'm not going to explain it to you.

Anyways, you were saying something about hookers...???

• Like 1

this attitude is why some people will always be poor.

LOL...if you only knew. Clearly you're poor or you wouldn't have said that.

Ur analogy is a bit off

Good thing you saw the whole point there...

Good thing you saw the whole point there...

I got it

But if desean makes $1million, that's 10 times a $100k salary , I don't know desean makes, probably more but

That's $25,000 lost to the $100k guy, Not $25.

My numbers may be off a bit but You're greatly minimalizing his loss

Born raised live in Philly

I'm wondering where the hell te hated community Desean lives in is located in South Philly???

I got it

But if desean makes $1million, that's 10 times a $100k salary , I don't know desean makes, probably more but

That's $25,000 lost to the $100k guy, Not $25.

My numbers may be off a bit but You're greatly minimalizing his loss

Born raised live in Philly

Haha. Dude you could be born and raised in Cuba for all I care. My point is you completely missed the point. You're right, my math is off....simply because a little sarcasm was involved when I used those figures.

Haha. Dude you could be born and raised in Cuba for all I care. My point is you completely missed the point. You're right, my math is off....simply because a little sarcasm was involved when I used those figures.

but I did get your point, but it's worth pointing out it's not like us losing $25....more like $25,000, get my point ?

It's mind blowing to have that kind of cash hanging around

but I did get your point, but it's worth pointing out it's not like us losing $25....more like $25,000, get my point ?

For what it's worth, if I had $25,000 stolen or lost... I would be very sad.

Maybe he has bad credit - pays his bills with money orders. :D

LOL...if you only knew. Clearly you're poor or you wouldn't have said that.

Rich or poor, there are smart people and stupid people.

Smart rich people don't have $250K in cash around the house.

I'm consistently amazed at how little understanding people have of the real worth and liquidity that accompanies sports contracts. They seem to think that contract figure means that's how much the guy has.

Let me help losers.

Jackson just signed for 5 years, $47m. Without looking into the structure, let's say he made 9.4m last year.

That 250k was 2.4% of his salary.

The average American salary is 44k. 2.4% would be $1050 dollars.

If I had $1050 stolen, I would be upset. I would be pissssed for awhile. But it wouldn't destroy my world.

Obviously something illicit, hopefully it is only stuff like that (and/or gambling).

So hey, can I call up my insurance company and say someone stole $250K cash from my house? :banana:

If you are insured with a High Net Worth insurance carrier, yes, you can simply call and say someone stole $250k cash and you would be covered. I work for one of them and have for the past 11 years. We have mostly entertainers, professional athletes and the richest of the business owners worldwide insured. They pay more for the insurance, but typically the claim, if he files one, is paid with no questions asked provided he files a police report. I can't say who, but there was an NFL player who reported having $750k in jewelry stolen from his locker at an opposing teams stadium. This was about 6 years ago as he has long since retired. The claim was paid out at $350k as that is all he reported stolen in the police report. Had he claimed it was $750k there, that's what he would have been paid. We also had an instance of a pretty well known Wide Receiver claiming his diamond earrings were stolen from his locker at his home stadium. His payout was near $300k. Keep in mind, most of these guys with DeSean's type of money live in multi million dollar homes with policy premiums in excess of $25,000 per year. Some have homes in several states. For the most part, they don't file claims often either. You would sh1t if you could see the toys these guys have. It's no wonder the majority go bankrupt soon after retiring. On the flip side, there are some very rich NFL players who live in modest homes and don't go crazy with their money. We have a former QB insured who lives in a home not much larger than mine. He drives a normal vehicle, doesn't splurge and lives in a normal subdivision. The guy is worth about $50 million.

Would it be a surprise to anyone that keeps $250K lying around that their house may be considered a "target" for burglars ? It wouldn't be a surprise to me I guess. Common sense.