Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Time for Bob Kraft to do the right thing. Fire Bill Belichick

Who cares about Welker? Pats got nearly the same production from Edelman at a fraction of the cost.

Letting Law go was a mistake.

Letting Seymour go was a mistake.

Letting Branch go was a mistake since they had nobody to replace him.

Letting Samuel go was a mistake since Belichick struck out on drafting his replacement about ten times.

But Welker? I admired the guy's toughness and l, but he was easily replaceable. And he's at the tail end of his career.

Link to him taking less money to leave? I thought the base contract with Broncos was $12 mill and the Pats $10 mill?

Welker is due 6 million guaranteed March 2014 and a roster bonus of 3 million.

Odds are he'll be cut, no?

My bad on the contract, it was 10 + a chance to get to 16 with incentives.

The Patriots' last offer to Welker before free agency was two years for $10 million with incentives that could have increased it to $16 million, according to Kraft.

don't you wonder deep down if the Patriots hold on and beat the Colts in the AFC championship if they had Branch or Law, or both? They would have easily beaten Chicago, who had no business being there.

Don't give me the salary cap bs either, because that's not why they couldn't hang onto them.

Maybe, but I also realize they don't get the benefit of hindsight. Deion Branch was a guy who had never had a 1000 yd season looking for high-end receiver money. I thought at the time that he simple wasn't worth that. I won't pretend different just because he might have come in handy later. :dunno:

You can say that salary cap is irrelevant, but every personnel decision impacts every other personnel decision. If they sign Branch to a high-end contract, do they ever bring in Moss?

Who cares about Welker? Pats got nearly the same production from Edelman at a fraction of the cost.

Letting Samuel go was a mistake since Belichick struck out on drafting his replacement about ten times.

These I totally agree with.

All fact.

But Welker? I admired the guy's toughness and l, but he was easily replaceable. And he's at the tail end of his career.

Really not that easy, see Amendola. Granted Edleman was awesome, but if they really knew they'd have given him Amendola's money.

Maybe, but I also realize they don't get the benefit of hindsight. Deion Branch was a guy who had never had a 1000 yd season looking for high-end receiver money. I thought at the time that he simple wasn't worth that. I won't pretend different just because he might have come in handy later. :dunno:

You can say that salary cap is irrelevant, but every personnel decision impacts every other personnel decision. If they sign Branch to a high-end contract, do they ever bring in Moss?

C'mon. How is it the Broncos have all that talent AND Manning? How did the Jets go to 2 straight AFC championships with that boatload of talent of defense? Everyone knows you can mess with the cap and pay the piper down the line.

Moss was fun to watch no doubt, but when the chips were on the table and 5 offensive lineman couldn't block 4 defensive lineman, it didn't much matter, did it?

C'mon. How is it the Broncos have all that talent AND Manning?

Moss was fun to watch no doubt, but when the chips were on the table and 5 offensive lineman couldn't block 4 defensive lineman, it didn't much matter, did it?

It's one thing to assemble talent over the short run, it's another to keep it around. Mostly Denver has drafted well. Thomas, Thomas, and Decker were all drafted by Denver and are still playing under their rookie contracts. Decker is a free-agent after this year, and both Thomases next year I believe. Moreno is a free-agent this year as well.

You can't be that ignorant can't you? You didn't think anyone would notice you swapped the wrong player who was brought in to replace Welker :nono: ?

They already had Edelman and he is set to be a Free Agent in a couple months, Welker's replacement (who got paid more than Welker) is Amendola and was a horrible personnel decision

You can't be that ignorant can't you? You didn't think anyone would notice you swapped the wrong player who was brought in to replace Welker :nono: ?

They already had Edelman, Welker's replacement (who got paid more than Welker) is Amendola and was a horrible personnel decision

Um, no they didn't "already have" Edelman. He was a free agent just as Welker was. :doh:

As for Amendola, yes they overpaid for him. That's really immaterial though when we're talking about keeping Welker.

In hindsight they clearly should've let Welker go, brought back Edelman, and put the money they used on Amendola toward another receiver. Then they would have had Welker's production (Edelman) PLUS another pretty good WR.

Jesus, think this stuff through next time before accusing someone of ignorance or obfuscation.

Um, no they didn't "already have" Edelman. He was a free agent just as Welker was.

As for Amendola, yes they overpaid for him. That's really immaterial though when we're talking about keeping Welker.

In hindsight they clearly should've let Welker go, brought back Edelman, and put the money they used on Amendola toward another receiver. Then they would have had Welker's production (Edelman) PLUS another pretty good WR.

Jesus, think this stuff through next time before accusing someone of ignorance or obfuscation.

Tell me this, who was brought in or back to replace Welker? Do not kid yourself answering Edelman, it was Amendola, everyone and their brother knows it. It's brought up constantly. Amendola failed which let Edelman rise up.

If they truly thought Edelman was Welker's replacement they wouldn't have only signed him for 11 months.

You can defend him on a lot of things and he has a lot of home runs on talent evaluation, but telling anyone that Edelman was Welker's planned replacement is just being dishonest. Bill walked into that one like he walked into Brady.

and obviously I know Krafty Bob won't fire BB as GM, it's unpossible, BB will leave the same time he stops being GM.

I appreciate the good discussion we have had on the topic. :thumbsup:

Tell me this, who was brought in or back to replace Welker? Do not kid yourself answering Edelman, it was Amendola, everyone and their brother knows it. It's brought up constantly. Amendola failed which let Edelman rise up.

If they truly thought Edelman was Welker's replacement they wouldn't have only signed him for 11 months.

You can defend him on a lot of things and he has a lot of home runs on talent evaluation, but telling anyone that Edelman was Welker's planned replacement is just being dishonest. Bill walked into that one like he walked into Brady.

Edelman had 7 catches and 2 tds in their first game of the season. Amendola had 10 catches for 100+ yards. It's clear you have a keen understanding of what transpired. :rolleyes:

and obviously I know Krafty Bob won't fire BB as GM, it's unpossible, BB will leave the same time he stops being GM.

I appreciate the good discussion we have had on the topic. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: A Pats thread that didn't draw too many flies, hard to believe. Maybe some fans are finally getting over their inferiority complex. Probably not, but maybe.

Edelman had 7 catches in their first game of the season. Amendola had 10. :rolleyes:

I drafted both, I even cut Edelman around week 9 :(

Some GM I am.

Week 5 - 2 catches

week 6 - 5 catches

week 7 - 5 catches

week 8 - 2 catches

week 9 - 1 catch

week 10 - 3 catches

week 11 and beyond he exploded.

Some GM I am.

Week 5 - 2 catches

week 6 - 5 catches

week 7 - 5 catches

week 8 - 2 catches

week 9 - 1 catch

week 10 - 3 catches

I drafted Amendola in the 5th. :puke:

One other thing I think should be remembered on the whole replacing Welker idea, was that the Pats planned to have both Gronk and Hernandez going forward, instead of neither. Hernandez was a pretty good slot option as well.

Edelman had 7 catches and 2 tds in their first game of the season. Amendola had 10 catches for 100+ yards. It's clear you have a keen understanding of what transpired. :rolleyes:

What's your point? Amendola got hurt the first week stupid :wacko: , so yes Edelman was forced to step up.

Why didn't you post week 2 stats, week 3, week 4....etc?

You are kidding yourself too sniffing the jock of Bellicheat

Win a weak division, win at home in first round vs. an inferior oppent, lose in AFC championship game....rinse and repeat

An outside perspective from an NFC general manager: "I think it's the person, not the structure there. There are very few people like him. Belichick is very unique. You see how many guys come out of that tree who have failed. That's because it's the person, not the structure, that makes it go. You have to be unique to do it that way. I think he's just extremely smart, and very well-rounded; good in all aspects. Most people can't do it like that, in that structure. Again, you see the guys from that tree, and they get out there and can't handle some of the other facets of running a team, outside their comfort zone. So you look at it, and you say, 'It's Belichick.' And if it wasn't Belichick, that structure probably wouldn't work, because it hasn't with guys who've come out of that system.

...what makes Bill special is his ability to find the right people in every aspect of the organization.......he's not just a GM, but also understands the business aspect of the organization....he has the best staff in the business (until they eventually leave beacuse of how many teams want a Bill Belichick employee)

in addition, he probably has the best talent evaluator in the business "Nick Caserio".

Your trolling buddy. Not only is he one of the best coaches of all time, he may even be the best GM ever.

Wow - this rant indicates this person has no idea what you are talking about. Sorry. Best GM ever? By letting quality players "walk" to make a point and bring in some useless dork to "replace" them? Really? Best talent evaluator? How have his draft choices worked out as of late? Not too good. How have the guys he signed been playing? Maybe not all bad but hardly all good either.

I just cant believe they are serious about the best GM ever comment - made milk come out of my nose and Im not even drinking milk.....

Win a weak division, win at home in first round vs. an inferior oppent, lose in AFC championship game....rinse and repeat

Not bad if you're an owner.

Wow - this rant indicates this person has no idea what you are talking about. Sorry. Best GM ever? By letting quality players "walk" to make a point and bring in some useless dork to "replace" them? Really? Best talent evaluator? How have his draft choices worked out as of late? Not too good. How have the guys he signed been playing? Maybe not all bad but hardly all good either.

I just cant believe they are serious about the best GM ever comment - made milk come out of my nose and Im not even drinking milk.....

Sorry Liz, I'm afraid that's not milk :o

What's your point? Amendola got hurt the first week stupid :wacko: , so yes Edelman was forced to step up.

Why didn't you post week 2 stats, week 3, week 4....etc?

You are kidding yourself too sniffing the jock of Bellicheat

The point is obvious to a non-idiot, Edelman was an integral part of the game plan even before Amendola got injured, or ever had a chance to fail, dolt. :doh:

The only statistical stat that stands out is that Belichick didn't start winning until Brady basically fell into their lap. We will see how much of a czar he is after Tommy retires.

Fact. He didn't just magically learn how to coach once he left Cleveland.

The point is obvious to a non-idiot, Edelman was an integral part of the game plan even before Amendola got injured, or ever had a chance to fail, dolt. :doh:

Just answer me this Nancy, who was brought in to replace Welker? Not who outperformed who week 1 because that is irrelevant especially since Amendola didn't play the full game (duh)....who did they sign to take over for Welker?

Amendola who was signed multi year for big cash

or

Edelman who was signed for one season

It's an easy answer. But for some reason you can't admit Bill-I-Cheat blew it on the Welker issue by signing Amendola. It's OK to criticize your team. It doesn't hurt and sometimes it's a nice vent.

Just answer me this Nancy, who was brought in to replace Welker? Not who outperformed who week 1 because that is irrelevant especially since Amendola didn't play the full game (duh)....who did they sign to take over for Welker?

Amendola who was signed multi year for big cash

or

Edelman who was signed for one season

It's an easy answer. But for some reason you can't admit Bill-I-Cheat blew it on the Welker issue by signing Amendola. It's OK to criticize your team. It doesn't hurt and sometimes it's a nice vent.

"Nancy" now huh? Again with the being a dooshocrite. :thumbsup:

Pull your head out of your ass and read the thread. I have criticized my team, I just think you are wrong on this one. I have no problem with what he did with Welker. Again, TWO FEW SMALL WHITE RECEIVERS WAS THE LEAST OF THE PATS PROBLEMS. Having Welker instead of Amendola would not have made one bit of difference to this Pats team, and there were multiple reports that the Pats had interest in Amendola regardless of what transpired with Welker. You saying he was brought in to "replace" Welker is just conjecture. The Pats had multiple options that made Welker more expendable; these included Hernandez and Edelman, not just Amendola. :doh:

I dont know what is the bigger fail, suggesting to cut Belicheat or suggesting that Welker was easily replaced. Just insering a white dude intot he lineup and having Brady forcefeed him the ball every game is not a replacement. The pats have made great moves over this run but also some really awful ones from a purely football perspective. Law, Seymor, Samuel, running Randy Moss out of town, Welker, im sure there are a bunch of others. tom and Bills egos come first, then the team is second.That said, firing Bill would be a mistake.

*TOP SECRET SUBPLOT ALERT* We are getting close to a Joe Montana like situation where Tom Terrific is shipped out of NE...I know, I know, unthinkable right? Just remember I said this...Hes in his late 30s, lost his clutch and cant come up big in big games anymore. SHHHHH, this conversation never happened and u didnt see me!

I dont know what is the bigger fail, suggesting to cut Belicheat or suggesting that Welker was easily replaced. Just insering a white dude intot he lineup and having Brady forcefeed him the ball every game is not a replacement. The pats have made great moves over this run but also some really awful ones from a purely football perspective. Law, Seymor, Samuel, running Randy Moss out of town, Welker, im sure there are a bunch of others. tom and Bills egos come first, then the team is second.That said, firing Bill would be a mistake.

*TOP SECRET SUBPLOT ALERT* We are getting close to a Joe Montana like situation where Tom Terrific is shipped out of NE...I know, I know, unthinkable right? Just remember I said this...Hes in his late 30s, lost his clutch and cant come up big in big games anymore. SHHHHH, this conversation never happened and u didnt see me!

Edelman's performance this year would suggest otherwise. They had the same problems this year that they had in the past when they had Welker, a paucity of other threats, specifically deep threats. It was probably worse this year with Amendola being gimpy all year, Gronk getting hurt again, and the rookies being on again off again with injuries. Edelman's year was the equal of anything Welker ever did considering who had catching balls around him.

Some GM I am.

Week 5 - 2 catches

week 6 - 5 catches

week 7 - 5 catches

week 8 - 2 catches

week 9 - 1 catch

week 10 - 3 catches

Lucky somebody picked him up. :wave:

Um, no they didn't "already have" Edelman. He was a free agent just as Welker was. :doh:

Bump for Murf.

Poor fella don't read too good so you gotta post things a couple times before it sinks in :(

Pull your head out of your ass and read the thread. I have criticized my team, I just think you are wrong on this one. I have no problem with what he did with Welker. Again, TWO FEW SMALL WHITE RECEIVERS WAS THE LEAST OF THE PATS PROBLEMS. Having Welker instead of Amendola would not have made one bit of difference to this Pats team, and there were multiple reports that the Pats had interest in Amendola regardless of what transpired with Welker. You saying he was brought in to "replace" Welker is just conjecture. The Pats had multiple options that made Welker more expendable; these included Hernandez and Edelman, not just Amendola. :doh:

Hernandez....gone....Edelman.....not under contract....Welker in superbowl...Amendola is made of glass

yeah its working out great

The guy loses his two best offensive weapons and his best 2 defensive players and gets to the AFC championship game. He did everything he could to get them in a position to win. Unfortunately, Brady didn't have his best game, which happens.....What else can you ask for from your GM?

I'd love to hear who you'd put ahead of Belichick as a better GM.

who's better buddy? I'd LOVE to get your view on that.

We're talking about a F'n Legend. A team that gets to the AFC championship almost every year......Grow up child.

If you search the web you will find thousands of articles on Bill Belichick, all praising his coaching AND General Manager position. Former hall of fame players, rival GM's, owners, media, Presidents........and so on

..or we can listen to a guy named Roadlizard who spends most of his day making milk come out of his nose.....Lets move on people, nothing more to discuss here.

He was nothing before Brady.

Post spygate I read he is 8-8 in playoffs, if that's true that's also very telling

Agreed. If they did that, I'd guarantee they'd get one more Super Bowl win before Brady retires.

He was nothing before Brady.

If Brady could make a throw, they'd be in the superbowl. That loss was all on Brady.