Sign in to follow this  
GuardBum

WooHoo! 2014

I'm not following. Are you suggesting those are the only three teams that were active last year? :dunno:

Apologies for being vague...

Yes, these were the three teams that could still join to get it up to 14 teams... Invites have been resent to them...

Finbabble Garp has been deleted and will not be able to return...

If for some reason these three remaining active teams from last year all join and we can't find a 16th team, we could always go roto for the year...

I've got a guy who will take Boston if sc doesn't return. He likes the homer concept and in every football league I've been with him he is very active. He will be moving into a temp home and the new house over the summer but I'd vouch for him. He's not on FFT. We'd have to set him up.

• Like 1

Ugh no roto please

• Like 1

gd i'm so focked! <_<

ted's brother is out, so if we can get back Know Doubt (ARI) and southcarolina (BOS), we would have 14...

Ok. Let me know if we hear anything. I've got the new guy down the hall excited about joining with the Sox if we need him.

Getting a bit excited, apologies for missing the last couple of weeks anf screwing myself in the play-offs, strokes and diabetic coma's suck. Fully recovered though!

• Like 1

Also I would like to only adding active owners, bothers the sh1t out of me when I'm going against a deadbeat, Especially If they beat me!

Ok. Let me know if we hear anything. I've got the new guy down the hall excited about joining with the Sox if we need him.

Sounds like we need him...

FYI, Know Doubt hasn't been present here since Jan 15...

Looks like with the Red Sox replacement, we need to find one other owner to get to 14 if KD doesn't make it back...

Email sent posty with Ben's addy. I texted him and gave him the link to fft to sign up.

Email sent posty with Ben's addy. I texted him and gave him the link to fft to sign up.

Thanks... Invite sent...

i can post a thread at the new site, started by that guy who quit last year. maybe someone will be interested (not him). im running a fantasy golf pool over there maybe one of them would want in.

Give it a go WW... I would assume that everyone will want the same teams as last year, so make sure that if you do find one, let them know what teams are available...

Also, SC's replacement just joined the league, so there are 13 there now...

Teams so far...

lambert58 - STL Cardinals

ZeroTolerance - DET Tigers

cmh6476 - KCR Royals

GuardBum - TOR Blue Jays

WhiteWonder - TAM Rays

Posty - WAS Nationals

Burt - ATL Braves

BlackClouds - LAA Angels

gratefulted - LAD Dodgers

Mookz - BAL Orioles

Jim Mora - TEX Rangers

29 Guests - HOU Astros

loudmuzic (or whatever he signs up here as) - BOS Red Sox

(need 1 more)

While we wait for the last team to be settled, we should probably decide on the draft basics so we can get things moving:

- how are we setting the regular draft order

- how are we setting the supplemental draft order (will it be a weighted lottery system like last year where teams with the worst draft position in the regular draft have a higher chance in the supplemental?)

- are we going to set both draft orders at the same time so teams can take their supplemental draft slot into account during the regular draft

This year, rounds 27 and 28 will be for supplemental picks and 26 will be for the first round of exclusives... In the last couple of years, we had to cut players when the supplemental draft happened, this year we won't need to do that by moving up the exclusive list...

While we wait for the last team to be settled, we should probably decide on the draft basics so we can get things moving:

- how are we setting the supplemental draft order (will it be a weighted lottery system like last year where teams with the worst draft position in the regular draft have a higher chance in the supplemental?)

- are we going to set both draft orders at the same time so teams can take their supplemental draft slot into account during the regular draft

i liked the weighted lottery for supplemental as i really don't think reverse order is fair. its so subjective to which teams share which players that its too easy for a team to pick say 12th in the draft, get their top target and then turn around and pick 3rd in the supp.

just my .02

i also like the idea of knowing both orders ahead of time.

i liked the weighted lottery for supplemental as i really don't think reverse order is fair. its so subjective to which teams share which players that its too easy for a team to pick say 12th in the draft, get their top target and then turn around and pick 3rd in the supp.

Exactly. It is perfectly feasible for certain teams to draft next to last, and as long as one specific team is that last team behind them, they are still set.

chiming in late, but I'm glad we're only going with one team. The research into the royals is enough, let alone trying to do that for two teams. Also prefer HTH over roto. With only needing one owner, although Burt suggested not soliciting here, I think we could solicit and just let everyone know we are only looking for one serious owner that is going to be active.

Also, go Royals

Personally I don't think we should know the supplemental order until after the draft... If you know you have the #1 draft pick in the supplemental, you might not reach to take a player to fill a slot knowing that you can fix it in the supplemental immediately...

Personally I don't think we should know the supplemental order until after the draft... If you know you have the #1 draft pick in the supplemental, you might not reach to take a player to fill a slot knowing that you can fix it in the supplemental immediately...

i guess i would agree with this.

The random dice roll for regular with a snake as usual.

Weighted for sup like last year.

Vote not to know sup order until after regular.

not really any bites at the new board. might want to just advertise it here

If no one objects and if we are really pressed for the 14th, I would do a second team...

I have no issue with this. You've managed a team as a fill before and placed a competitive team out each week. The draft could create some unique scenarios should there be correlated players between your teams but I'm sure it could be worked out.

have we attempted to advertise here?

I have a friend at work who is a Cub fan who may be interested. He's played in my money league for the last 6 or 7 years. Want me to ask?

I wont see him for a couple of days so go ahead and keep searching. If we're still in need when I see him next I'll ask him.

what kind of timeline we looking at to start this thing up

With the season starting March 22, we should be finished be March 20 so rosters can be entered...

I really think we should start drafting sometime next week IMO...

I wont see him for a couple of days so go ahead and keep searching. If we're still in need when I see him next I'll ask him.

No hits so far at RW... I would hit him up ASAP...